GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85 - Page 68 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85

Old 04-18-17, 05:23 AM   #671
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemanfor View Post
I'd love some 272 BC but I feel like not messing with my heads. more of a headache (pun intended)
That's the thing for me too, I don't know if I really want to delve into head work lol
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-17, 05:34 AM   #672
eaglehunter
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Cobb AP, downpipe and protune (best bang for bucks thus far)
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

eaglehunter is on a distinguished road

Would you consider a spoolinator rather than going rotated? Nice boost levels you are running i thought IAG would up my boost more as well but they kept it at 22, aaying that was optimal for what I have. Not sure why such a huge difference between the dom 2.5 and 3, but hey, I go with what the experts say
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-18-17, 05:36 AM   #673
eaglehunter

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
That's the thing for me too, I don't know if I really want to delve into head work lol

I go back and forth on that one too... would be nice to have that increased rev range for that once or twice you may need it but its probably only worthwhile with a much stronger setup
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-17, 05:41 AM   #674
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglehunter View Post
Would you consider a spoolinator rather than going rotated? Nice boost levels you are running i thought IAG would up my boost more as well but they kept it at 22, aaying that was optimal for what I have. Not sure why such a huge difference between the dom 2.5 and 3, but hey, I go with what the experts say
Initially, I really was thinking about the spoolinator, It's impressive to say the least. But having done the DOM 2.5 stock location I can't even put into words my disdain for stock location with regards to maintenance.

You're running E85 right? I'm almost positive I've asked you this before.

Quote:
I go back and forth on that one too... would be nice to have that increased rev range for that once or twice you may need it but its probably only worthwhile with a much stronger setup
Right. I waffle on it at least once a week LOL. If I could find a decent set of "drop-in" cams, I would probably do that. Is that even a thing in the Subaru world, I feel like 272+ there is work required to make clearance for the cams.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-18-17, 05:46 AM   #675
eaglehunter

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85

Yup, I am running E-85 yes. I will probably do my first oil change only running e-85 today and send it in for analysis. I think i am close to somewhere in the 1.8-2k range on it now.

Different question, are you still using that turbo blanket? I have a cobb heat shield but the clearance is so small that i get that heat shield rattle very frequently, so I am probably going to remove it in the next couple days
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-18-17, 05:49 AM   #676
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Yup, I am running E-85 yes. I will probably do my first oil change only running e-85 today and send it in for analysis. I think i am close to somewhere in the 1.8-2k range on it now.

Different question, are you still using that turbo blanket? I have a cobb heat shield but the clearance is so small that i get that heat shield rattle very frequently, so I am probably going to remove it in the next couple days
Yeah, I like the blanket a lot. Should be interesting to see how summer goes with ambient temps. My sensor is on the same side as the turbo
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-18-17, 05:59 AM   #677
eaglehunter

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Cool thx. Will have a look at it. Yes agree on the temps. I noticed your temps on the screenshot and found that interesting, because mine registered exactly the same yesterday for the first time since winter and I was thinking about that. Will be interesting to see what temps user will hit this summer with the closed deck he is running. If i ever start looking at changing again i will probably get that same block, which is why I am interested.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-18-17, 06:24 AM   #678
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Cool thx. Will have a look at it. Yes agree on the temps. I noticed your temps on the screenshot and found that interesting, because mine registered exactly the same yesterday for the first time since winter and I was thinking about that. Will be interesting to see what temps user will hit this summer with the closed deck he is running. If i ever start looking at changing again i will probably get that same block, which is why I am interested.
I'm going to start monitoring IAT's soon.

I literally kick myself every day for not going closed deck. I think like 3 weeks after I got my block, the closed deck became the same price as what I bought. LOL
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-18-17, 06:31 AM   #679
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Spoolinator
My Subaru Parts for sale

MazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to all

I hit 209 coolant when it was 100 out on my closed deck in September :/
Right now I'm between 178 and 194 with IATs of 4 above ambient on cruise and up to 20 above on WOT rips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-18-17, 06:49 AM   #680
tylerandreas
Developing Advanced Mastery

Fav Mod: Wingless
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough

I've gotten to 196 in my non-closed deck with like high 60's. Haha I was told fans come on at 205, if I hit 210 start to get concerned if it doesn't look like it's coming back down.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement