GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85 - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85

Old 12-28-15, 08:27 AM   #41
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti - Rocks in a can. :(

Hey Joebie, just curious but were you at Stage 1 OTS when the engine blew?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-15, 10:27 AM   #42
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIGR-Wagon-Dad View Post
I'm using Scantool OBDlink. It works, but I'll most likely switch over to btSSM.
Can you hook up external sensors to that one as well? I'm mainly liking the ability to have one gauge face for multiple sensor inputs. I should be able to hook up 16 sensor inputs, and cycle through them when necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiDetailing View Post
Hey Joebie, just curious but were you at Stage 1 OTS when the engine blew?
Stage 2 OTS with no knock correction at WOT, and very minimal if any (1.4 and below in any other ranges). I did experience a lot, for one tank of gas, I believe that was a bad tank because on concurrent fillups, I didn't have the issue.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-28-15, 06:15 PM   #43
STIGR-Wagon-Dad
Master Contributor Level 1

Car: DGM 08 WRX STI Zenki
Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
Can you hook up external sensors to that one as well? I'm mainly liking the ability to have one gauge face for multiple sensor inputs. I should be able to hook up 16 sensor inputs, and cycle through them when necessary.

Stage 2 OTS with no knock correction at WOT, and very minimal if any (1.4 and below in any other ranges). I did experience a lot, for one tank of gas, I believe that was a bad tank because on concurrent fillups, I didn't have the issue.
No. It's cool the PLX does this. I was looking into using PLX again, but I decided not to add more gauges in the car. Majority of my info is through my phone via OBDlink MX.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-15, 11:50 PM   #44
1Quksti07
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 07 STi WRB
Fav Mod: EFR7163, ELH, and E85
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

1Quksti07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Debating between STG2 and STG3.. I like the idea of the tighter tolerances of the STG3 because I daily this car.

Also getting a list together on things I need to complete the swap in a weekend.

I'm planning on getting
  • OEM gasket set
  • Killer B oil pan/pickup/baffle
  • air pump block off plates
  • Oil pressure gauge setup of some sort
  • AOS of some sort - maybe IAG
  • fuel rail upgrade??
  • new oil pump? High volume?
  • ARP head studs
Things with question marks I'm debating, and/or not sure on at the moment.

Also debating doing the steering rack while the engine is out of the car, since I would imagine it's easier.

I'll be staying stock turbo, and headers/uppipe until I can at least complete break in (mostly because of my broken bank account after the short block and everything else).

Any insight would be awesome :-)
I am currently going down the same road as you, so I can give you some insight for the build.

For the block, I went with the IAG stage 2 Tuff. That block is bored out to 99.75 for the tighter P/W clearance. Stage 3 is overkill unless you're trying to push into the 6-700whp range.

Go with the IAG AOS.
Don't worry about the fuel rails until you get a bigger turbo.
Do the clutch now! Trust me, I JUST put a new OEM one in 3000 miles ago but since the engine is out and I'm going with a bigger turbo I'm not going to wait for this one to start slipping.
IAG told me to go with the OEM 11mm oil pump, and I have a GD... they are building the block and know what clearances are going to be so I'll trust their decision.
The rest of the stuff looks good!
I'll also be doing the TGV deletes.

I'm going with the Dom 1.5xt-r, ELH, E85, 1100cc FIC injectors, blah blah all the bolt on stuff.

Do it right the first time. Good Luck!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-29-15, 12:04 AM   #45
1Quksti07

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Oh and don't forget to send your heads out the be cleaned and decked. You're going to need a new oil cooler if you did indeed spin a bearing too.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-29-15, 03:37 AM   #46
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Quksti07 View Post
I am currently going down the same road as you, so I can give you some insight for the build.

For the block, I went with the IAG stage 2 Tuff. That block is bored out to 99.75 for the tighter P/W clearance. Stage 3 is overkill unless you're trying to push into the 6-700whp range.

Go with the IAG AOS.
Don't worry about the fuel rails until you get a bigger turbo.
Do the clutch now! Trust me, I JUST put a new OEM one in 3000 miles ago but since the engine is out and I'm going with a bigger turbo I'm not going to wait for this one to start slipping.
IAG told me to go with the OEM 11mm oil pump, and I have a GD... they are building the block and know what clearances are going to be so I'll trust their decision.
The rest of the stuff looks good!
I'll also be doing the TGV deletes.

I'm going with the Dom 1.5xt-r, ELH, E85, 1100cc FIC injectors, blah blah all the bolt on stuff.

Do it right the first time. Good Luck!
Thanks for the insight! It's funny because for some reason I always glossed over the STG 2 Tuff. I messaged User1029 and he said to do the H-Tuff rods, and I was already inquiring with IAG about doing the 99.75MM pistons, and then I realized I missed the 2-tuff. Oops!

I'll be ordering today .... I think. It's just hard to pull the trigger lol I'm waffling on the TGV deletes, mostly because of money, I do have phenolic spacers on the order though.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-29-15, 03:39 AM   #47
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIGR-Wagon-Dad View Post
No. It's cool the PLX does this. I was looking into using PLX again, but I decided not to add more gauges in the car. Majority of my info is through my phone via OBDlink MX.
Yeah, I know what you mean. My old car had a triple on the pillar, and it was full, but I didn't want to be at that point again. The problem is, I already have a few toy cars - I just don't know when to say when.

If I could get Oil pressure and true WB02 on the AP I would do that in a heart beat. So I may do a dual SMY cluster or maybe just a single on the pillar with the PLX gauge. I have some time to decide, I suppose. lol
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-29-15, 09:51 PM   #48
1Quksti07

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Thanks for the insight! It's funny because for some reason I always glossed over the STG 2 Tuff. I messaged User1029 and he said to do the H-Tuff rods, and I was already inquiring with IAG about doing the 99.75MM pistons, and then I realized I missed the 2-tuff. Oops!

I'll be ordering today .... I think. It's just hard to pull the trigger lol I'm waffling on the TGV deletes, mostly because of money, I do have phenolic spacers on the order though.
I'm just going to gut mine stock ones. If you have a few tools available it costs nothing but a few bolts! Here's the how-to I'm using Meatys DIY TGV Delete Guide - NASIOC

Motor build funds are running dry for me too
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-30-15, 05:46 AM   #49
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti - Rocks in a can. :( - Stage 2 Tuff ordered

New parts ordered:

IAG Stage 2 Tuff block. I literally heard my credit card company yelling in excitement.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Old 01-04-16, 02:07 AM   #50
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti - Rocks in a can. :( - Stage 2 Tuff ordered

Finally got the dealer to call me back, they "confirmed" it was a rod knock. Not sure if they do an oil analysis, kind of hope they do, shit was brand new. >:-(
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement