GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85 - Page 38 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85

Old 11-17-16, 02:05 AM   #371
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85

Replaced the old DAC with the new DAC that Cobb sent :-( Had the two codes pop twice this morning.

So frustrating.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-16, 03:17 AM   #372
///V3Dude
Advanced Contributor Level 5

Car: 16 Hyper Blue STI
Fav Mod: Snow Tires
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

///V3Dude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
Replaced the old DAC with the new DAC that Cobb sent :-( Had the two codes pop twice this morning.

So frustrating.
Are you getting the Cobb1 and Cobb 2 codes? Sensor voltage low or high.

I had issues with at first and Brentuning was able to fix this.

I see you have TGV deleted so those inputs should be duplicated in the ROM setup. Also the the sensor is a 0.5V-4.5V so the fault tolerances will need to be set to ~ 0.3V to 4.8V to prevent any faults. This is all done in the COBB accesstuner ROM software. Hope this helps and you get those codes fixed.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-17-16, 03:46 AM   #373
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///V3Dude View Post
Are you getting the Cobb1 and Cobb 2 codes? Sensor voltage low or high.

I had issues with at first and Brentuning was able to fix this.

I see you have TGV deleted so those inputs should be duplicated in the ROM setup. Also the the sensor is a 0.5V-4.5V so the fault tolerances will need to be set to ~ 0.3V to 4.8V to prevent any faults. This is all done in the COBB accesstuner ROM software. Hope this helps and you get those codes fixed.
I will ping Jr. about it, but I know another member was having issues as well, so I was assuming Jr. would have had it set that way already.

I e-mailed Cobb back this morning to let them know the issue is still on going. I'll wait to see what they say and then hit Jr. up about the voltage tolerance, and then possibly swapping the inputs. (Was hoping not to have to do that, because I'm worried about the fuel pressure sensor throwing codes then. LOL)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-16, 03:51 AM   #374
///V3Dude
Advanced Contributor Level 5

Car: 16 Hyper Blue STI
Fav Mod: Snow Tires
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

///V3Dude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I will ping Jr. about it, but I know another member was having issues as well, so I was assuming Jr. would have had it set that way already.

I e-mailed Cobb back this morning to let them know the issue is still on going. I'll wait to see what they say and then hit Jr. up about the voltage tolerance, and then possibly swapping the inputs. (Was hoping not to have to do that, because I'm worried about the fuel pressure sensor throwing codes then. LOL)

You'll get errors if they do not set the voltage tolerances properly. If you have both tgv signals duplicated and properly scaled. It'll be no issue. I have the Cobb flex fuel setup and stock TGV without any issues.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-18-16, 05:27 AM   #375
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yeah, I did read that also, but I'm pretty sure Jr. know's about that, as I've seen him deal with it on other people's cars.

I did get a reply back from Cobb, and Jr as well. So we are working through it. Cobb, is having him increase the delay on the sensor reading to see if that changes anything.

They(Cobb) also suggested it could be a ground issue with the phenolic spacers. I don't personally feel like that's an issue as everything else runs fine, but I did add an extra ground from the manifold to the block just to be on the safe side.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-20-16, 03:00 AM   #376
sti_mtl
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Bleep bloop:
Image Link
Great numbers!

What psi/afr/timing u pushing on that e85 pull? Did I read right about u doing 30 psi on your drive to work?! Lol

Sorry to read about your codes popping, hope u get it sorted.

How's that iag stage 2 tuff block holding up?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-21-16, 02:52 AM   #377
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti_mtl View Post
Great numbers!

What psi/afr/timing u pushing on that e85 pull? Did I read right about u doing 30 psi on your drive to work?! Lol

Sorry to read about your codes popping, hope u get it sorted.

How's that iag stage 2 tuff block holding up?
I haven't run any logs on afr/timing (and don't have a log of those pulls on the dyno.)

Yeah, I had two dummies playing games with each other in front of me, and I was all about to put some distance on that. Luckily the majority of my drive is open road because I leave so early. I have seen one of the cars since that incident, and he stayed behind me the whole time.

So far the engine is doing great! I don't beat on it too frequent, but it is daily driven, and the majority of the time I'm in S# because I like the snappy throttle.

I replaced my battery with an Optima Red top this weekend, and I haven't had my codes pop since, so I'm waiting patiently to see what happens there. I would be more than happy to tell Jr. and Cobb that it's all good LOL

Only issue other than that, currently, is cold starts are a real challenge with E85(Ambient this morning was 28 F). This morning it took 4 starts to get it to stay running and I was pedaling it. I have been bumping the idle up 100RPMs on the AP to get it to smooth out.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-21-16, 02:53 AM   #378
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Probably ordering new engine mounts soon(RSD is running their discount early, it would seem), I think my oil pan has touched my cross member a couple of times or something.

Perhaps the biggest news is that I sourced some dead heads for putting on my old motor so I can mock-up and build the rotated setup for next season.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-21-16, 06:26 AM   #379
sti_mtl
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough

Always nice to smoke some nubs on the road. With 2 kids in the car a lot lately, I have had
to show great restraint on every civic that pulls up next to me and revs...

Glad to hear the engine doing well. I was unaware that e85 could give some startup issues.
Are you using thicker oil?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-21-16, 06:34 AM   #380
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti_mtl View Post
Always nice to smoke some nubs on the road. With 2 kids in the car a lot lately, I have had
to show great restraint on every civic that pulls up next to me and revs...

Glad to hear the engine doing well. I was unaware that e85 could give some startup issues.
Are you using thicker oil?
Yeah, I'm usually pretty reserved, mostly because I don't want to spend money on the ticket. I know what you mean about having kids in the car though, my Ex had a son - and he lovvvved boost LOL. It was very hard not to oblige that at times

I'm using 5w40 currently (Rotella T6)
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement