GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85 - Page 16 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85

Old 03-25-16, 05:24 AM   #151
SluttyCat
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: '16 CBS STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

SluttyCat has a spectacular aura aboutSluttyCat has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti- *IAG*KillerB*

I'm sorry to hear about your pup :/

I couldn't imagine putting mine down.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-16, 08:06 AM   #152
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2012 DGM STI 5 door
Fav Mod: No car payment
My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about

poor little guy. He looked like he was truly a pup? I'm sure you made the right call. Its very difficult. I deal with human death somewhat frequently but it doesn't touch death of critters, especially family ones
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-25-16, 09:34 AM   #153
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do... I still have a lump in my throat.

She was actually 14 years old, but she always looked really young so it's like you forget how old they actually are.

I agree about human vs animal death, I think it's sociopathic but I don't care. Animals are just too innocent.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-16, 09:43 AM   #154
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about

Actually, until you reach the true extreme like PETA ppl, its not sociopathic at all. Well I guess technically it is, but the point is people are shitty and animals generally are good. They can manipulate etc just like humans but ultimately deep down they are still much better creatures than humans.

Sorry that happened. My wife's family has had to put down two cats since I joined the family. I do not like cats and one in particular did not like me. At the end she became snuggly, not bc she started to like me, but because I was the warmest one haha. Even so, its still hard to watch them (and subsequently, their humans) suffer the way they do.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-25-16, 09:48 AM   #155
SluttyCat
Developing Advanced Mastery

Car: '16 CBS STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

SluttyCat has a spectacular aura aboutSluttyCat has a spectacular aura about

Was she a beagle? I have one myself.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-25-16, 09:48 AM   #156
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfnamedsmurf View Post
Actually, until you reach the true extreme like PETA ppl, its not sociopathic at all. Well I guess technically it is, but the point is people are shitty and animals generally are good. They can manipulate etc just like humans but ultimately deep down they are still much better creatures than humans.

Sorry that happened. My wife's family has had to put down two cats since I joined the family. I do not like cats and one in particular did not like me. At the end she became snuggly, not bc she started to like me, but because I was the warmest one haha. Even so, its still hard to watch them (and subsequently, their humans) suffer the way they do.
It's enough to make you not even want an animal. I've gone through it before, but I was a lot younger. Now I'm 30 and it's like I'm an emotional mess.

2016 just hasn't been a good year for me.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-25-16, 09:50 AM   #157
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyCat View Post
Was she a beagle? I have one myself.
The only thing we know for sure was that she was part Chow(Black spotted tongue). She was a rescue. I surmise she may had a german/lab possibility as well.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-26-16, 06:49 AM   #158
sti_mtl
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to hear about your dog, never easy. Have gone through that ordeal a couple times myself;
and its always a difficult time. I have always told myself that the joy they bring in life is
well worth the moments of sadness when pets pass. It's a fair trade that I will always be willing to make. Hopefully your car build will help take your mind off it a bit.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-26-16, 07:16 AM   #159
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

We (my wife and I) had a year like that recently. It was only like February or March and already was not going very well. The bright side was the year was already loss so I was like well whatever shitty thing happens the rest of the year is just par for the course.

I do think it is worth the pain. My wife and I have had that discussion a few times, especially after losing her cats. Cats of course get really old, and these guys were from early to mid childhood for her. I lost my last childhood pet when I was about 13 so I can't imagine what it must have been like to lose your one final link to the happy years.

But I do think it's worth it. I hated our dog for the first while. I'm serious, I could not stand her. Puppies are such bastards anyway and she is ultra high energy. She was fostered with her siblings which was nice but I think it also made her transition even more difficult when she came to live with us, so that did not help. Now, a good two years later she is a great pup. She listens really well off leash (her off-leash behavior is much better than on leash). To wear her out I ride a bicycle and she sprints alongside me. She is still very hyper and sometimes immensely annoying, and can even still be a bastard. But the joy she has brought especially my wife (me as well eventually) is irreplaceable, and she leaves a positive mark everywhere she goes.

Sometimes I get sick when I even think about the eventual inevitability. But I still would not trade the times that we do have. Even if she was not so special, I think I would do it just b.c I owe the puppy race. Sometimes I think we have it a lot better than we deserve as humans, so I owe it to a dog or two to give them a great life since I have that in my power. My wife claims we will eventually have a puppy rescue farm when we have some land to facilitate that.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-28-16, 02:21 AM   #160
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti_mtl View Post
Sorry to hear about your dog, never easy. Have gone through that ordeal a couple times myself;
and its always a difficult time. I have always told myself that the joy they bring in life is
well worth the moments of sadness when pets pass. It's a fair trade that I will always be willing to make. Hopefully your car build will help take your mind off it a bit.
I agree 100%. And while it is a tough decision to make, it's one that must inevitably be made before there is any suffering. She was too good to us to ever knowingly allow her the possibility of suffering.

Hopefully the car will be running soon too... this Hyundai is LOL. I'm actually beyond swamped with other peoples car projects at the moment. I practically had to *BEG* people during the winter months for any side work, now I have to figure out how I'm going to finish it all in a timely manner and still get the car running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfnamedsmurf View Post
We (my wife and I) had a year like that recently. It was only like February or March and already was not going very well. The bright side was the year was already loss so I was like well whatever shitty thing happens the rest of the year is just par for the course.

I do think it is worth the pain. My wife and I have had that discussion a few times, especially after losing her cats. Cats of course get really old, and these guys were from early to mid childhood for her. I lost my last childhood pet when I was about 13 so I can't imagine what it must have been like to lose your one final link to the happy years.

But I do think it's worth it. I hated our dog for the first while. I'm serious, I could not stand her. Puppies are such bastards anyway and she is ultra high energy. She was fostered with her siblings which was nice but I think it also made her transition even more difficult when she came to live with us, so that did not help. Now, a good two years later she is a great pup. She listens really well off leash (her off-leash behavior is much better than on leash). To wear her out I ride a bicycle and she sprints alongside me. She is still very hyper and sometimes immensely annoying, and can even still be a bastard. But the joy she has brought especially my wife (me as well eventually) is irreplaceable, and she leaves a positive mark everywhere she goes.

Sometimes I get sick when I even think about the eventual inevitability. But I still would not trade the times that we do have. Even if she was not so special, I think I would do it just b.c I owe the puppy race. Sometimes I think we have it a lot better than we deserve as humans, so I owe it to a dog or two to give them a great life since I have that in my power. My wife claims we will eventually have a puppy rescue farm when we have some land to facilitate that.
LOL! I also agree with this, animals have such an impact, and it's not like they are trying or anything. And the bond never really goes away, I still remember my first dog, man... she HATED me. LOL! But I was a little kid, and I loved her anyways.

A rescue farm would be bad as hell.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement