GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85 - Page 12 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85

Old 02-12-16, 11:12 AM   #111
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti * Stage 2 Tuff * Car is still at the dealer.Tried to sell me on a 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
Exactly.

Luckily I'm personal friends with the builder. I sleep in a bed with him every day. It's me haha
damn. After reading the second sentence I got all excited. Thought maybe there was a chance you were involved with a smoking hot female engine builder...

one can only dream
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-16, 05:21 AM   #112
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti * Stage 2 Tuff * Car is still at the dealer.Tried to sell me on a 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboytaktix View Post
damn. After reading the second sentence I got all excited. Thought maybe there was a chance you were involved with a smoking hot female engine builder...

one can only dream
I wish.

x10000000000000000 haha

Side note: Killer B oil pan/baffle/pick up are all on the block now. Almost go time. I have pictures, but I haven't had a chance to upload them. Been working a lot lately to pay for this debacle.

And I bought a new argon cylinder on Friday, sure as shit it's contaminated so I need to go back to the gas place today. C'est la vie!!

Last edited by Joebie; 02-15-16 at 05:27 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-15-16, 06:50 AM   #113
sti_mtl
Donating Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
I wish.

x10000000000000000 haha

Side note: Killer B oil pan/baffle/pick up are all on the block now. Almost go time. I have pictures, but I haven't had a chance to upload them. Been working a lot lately to pay for this debacle.

And I bought a new argon cylinder on Friday, sure as shit it's contaminated so I need to go back to the gas place today. C'est la vie!!
Glad to hear things are progressing nicely
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-16, 03:03 AM   #114
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti- *IAG*KillerB*

Well.. I got it back last night, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disheartened at the condition that it was left in, among other things.

Last night was pretty rough. Broken bolts, dirty Alcantara from the boxes they put on the seats, and a motor that never actually got torn down.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-19-16, 03:46 AM   #115
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: 2012 DGM STI 5 door
Fav Mod: No car payment
My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about

Stupid dickheads. This is why I probably won't take it to the dealer even if it's within my extended warranty. Im sure there's good dealers just like there's good and bad tuners etc but they aren't close to me and if I'm shipping the car its going to be to Maryland.

At least she's safe back with you again. I used to do only minimal work on my cars, especially with the STI under warranty. Multiple bad experiences led me to do almost exclusive work on my cars now. If it needs something I can't do like annual inspection or if I'm truly stumped, I go to an independent mechanic with some sense. It's sad that it has to be that way. I've learned to value actual reliability over warranty tenfold now, though luckily overall subaru reliability is very high.

What's the argon for, plasma cutting their mistakes off?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-19-16, 05:51 AM   #116
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I typically do all my own work, there isn't anything I don't have access to when it comes to tools (for the most part). I only did this, because the car is still under warranty.

The argon is to try and make more money TIG welding so I can pay for this mess. :-|
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-19-16, 01:32 PM   #117
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about

That's fair. I'm still on the fence if I'll take mine to Subaru if it blows while under warranty. On one hand I paid for it and I should use it, but on the other hand I don't know if it's worth the risk exposing it to arguably incompetent and/or apathetic individuals. I'd rather go ahead and have a working short block that I could sell when swapping out, but it may not be worth it. That, and I've seen so many times where Subaru took weeks and weeks to get the job done. I'd hate to go without the car all that time, then be without it even longer during the engine swap, and all the while it might even have new issues from its time at Subaru. It almost isn't worth it to me.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-21-16, 06:37 AM   #118
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I recommend not taking it there. I'll have the pictures up soon... I'm going very much public with the retaliation that resulted from me refusing to have the car serviced by them
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-21-16, 06:40 AM   #119
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I've read too many similar posts where the dealer just boxed shit up once the consumer decided to go elsewhere rather than pay for a stock block...damaged parts, missing bits, stripped bolts, etc. All that damage and half the time you have a four figure bill to "repay" them for all that useless "work." No thx, I'd rather pay out of pocket than run that risk.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-21-16, 07:31 AM   #120
sti_mtl
Donating Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough

It really all depends which dealership; the one I deal with, has 2 guys who are heavy into modding sitting at the service desk. I was assured, not on the record and discretely, that if my engine blew and I brought the car back with stock parts and tune back on, that they would push a new shortblock through warranty. Luckily it never came to that, but just goes to show you its luck of the draw with how dealerships react. Sorry to hear that you got a crap one...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement