GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85 - Page 11 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
2014 DGM Sti  *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: 2014 DGM Sti *IAG*KillerB*ID* 467WHP/485WTQ E85

Old 02-05-16, 06:07 AM   #101
sti_mtl
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti * Stage 2 Tuff * Car is still at the dealer... who even knows any mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
You guys ever think about selling it all and moving to Hawaii?
Because its closer to the source of all things JDM?
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-16, 06:23 AM   #102
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2012 DGM STI 5 door
Fav Mod: No car payment
My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti * Stage 2 Tuff * Car is still at the dealer... who even knows any mo

Hawaii, no. I don't see that there is that great of a lifestyle to be had there. You can be a broke surfer a lot of other places with less effort. However, I do value simplicity in life.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-16, 06:28 AM   #103
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti_mtl View Post
Because its closer to the source of all things JDM?
Hey that works too :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfnamedsmurf View Post
Hawaii, no. I don't see that there is that great of a lifestyle to be had there. You can be a broke surfer a lot of other places with less effort. However, I do value simplicity in life.
True, but man... is it nice.

I'll just get myself a Honda Ruckus and just work at Starbucks.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-16, 06:30 AM   #104
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about

Haha perhaps there is something in between
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-16, 08:15 AM   #105
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

There probably is, but man, Hawaii.

I can dream for a little bit. For now the dreams are of one day having my Sti back
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-12-16, 04:21 AM   #106
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti * Stage 2 Tuff * Car is still at the dealer.Tried to sell me on a 50

Heard back from SOA... they offered to cover half the cost. heh Thanks.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-12-16, 04:22 AM   #107
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2014 DGM Sti * Stage 2 Tuff * Car is still at the dealer.Tried to sell me on a 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
Heard back from SOA... they offered to cover half the cost. heh Thanks.
why HALF? did they just pick a number that worked for them out of their asses? did they give you details on why?

I understand the engine was modified and really, half is not so bad, better than nothing, but not without justification
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-12-16, 05:05 AM   #108
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboytaktix View Post
why HALF? did they just pick a number that worked for them out of their asses? did they give you details on why?

I understand the engine was modified and really, half is not so bad, better than nothing, but not without justification
That's what is killing me, they won't let me see the paper work or the pictures. They are basing all of this on assumptions.

Literally said it was an oiling issue, and then said the ECU appeared modified and ran outside of its designed parameters. If an engine is starved for oil at red line, there will be more than one rod bearing spun.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-12-16, 06:19 AM   #109
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Lol I'd ask if I can put that money toward them having it towed to your builder / tuner. Honestly if my goes and km not 100% stock within warranty I'll just bypass the dealer
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-12-16, 07:24 AM   #110
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfnamedsmurf View Post
Lol I'd ask if I can put that money toward them having it towed to your builder / tuner. Honestly if my goes and km not 100% stock within warranty I'll just bypass the dealer
Exactly.

Luckily I'm personal friends with the builder. I sleep in a bed with him every day. It's me haha
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement