GR Hatch: Re: '13 DGM Hatch "Shiva the Subie" - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Re: '13 DGM Hatch "Shiva the Subie"
Re: '13 DGM Hatch "Shiva the Subie"
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Re: '13 DGM Hatch "Shiva the Subie"

Old 06-17-16, 12:07 PM   #51
ChinookFE
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Q300 / Accessport
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ChinookFE will become famous soon enough
Default Re: '13 DGM Hatch "Shiva the Subie" (Work CR Kiwami Installed!)

Installed the Whiteline Steering Rack bushings and Cusco Power Steering brace today. Install wasn't bad at all and I noticed an immediate difference in the steering feel. I don't know that it eliminated the deadspot in the steering completely, but it definitely tightened it up significantly.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-16, 07:41 PM   #52
ChinookFE

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Made an appointment yesterday to get my rear fenders rolled finally. I've been starting to chew up the tires and it needs to get done ASAP.

So... Upside... I get to check out Lachute Performance's shop in Quebec while they do the roll.

Downside... It's about a 4 hour drive from here and I'll be spending my Independence Day in Canada.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-05-16, 06:24 AM   #53
ChinookFE

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Fenders are all rolled up. Lachute did an awesome job, the fenders look great and they got the whole job done in about 45 min. Drove 4 hours home and didn't have any rubbing issues at all.

Daniel from Lachute gave the fiancee and I a tour of their facility and I was thoroughly impressed with the work they were doing. I'm definitely considering them when I get around to doing the protune on my car.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-16, 11:45 AM   #54
ChinookFE

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Thanks to a friend that is possibly trading in his STi, I might be picking up a carbon fiber hood for next to nothing. I should find out in the next day or two if he decides to go through with it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-03-16, 09:46 AM   #55
ChinookFE

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: '13 DGM Hatch "Shiva the Subie" (PasswordJDM Gurney Flap is on)

Had a friend come over yesterday morning and give the car a good buff and polish. He was able to get a lot of the little scratches and even some of the bigger, more annoying ones taken car of.

She's looking Good:

Also got the PasswordJDM Carbon Fiber Gurney Flap added to the spoiler yesterday afternoon.

Last edited by ChinookFE; 09-04-16 at 10:09 AM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 12-12-16, 01:34 PM   #56
ChinookFE

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Haven't really posted much lately because even though I still drive the car every day, I haven't really done anything new to it.

I did get married in October and that ate up a lot of my time and budget, but I wanted to share one of the wedding photos that the wife let me have done...

Last edited by ChinookFE; 12-12-16 at 01:43 PM.
Likes 6 Dislikes 0

Old 09-04-17, 11:14 AM   #57
ChinookFE

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

So, I haven't been around much because I've been out of the country and away from the car for the last seven months. The car has been in the garage for all that time apart from my wife taking it out and washing it and driving it around town about once a week. It's had less than 500 miles put on it while I've been gone, but it seems like this is when loads of problems are showing up.

It started with the brakes... a few times she had left the car parked for more than two weeks and when she would try to pull it out of the garage, the car just wouldn't move. Like the brakes weren't releasing. At one point a neighbor came over and jacked the car up and took the back wheels off and got them to release. This was mildly annoying but I have a full brake upgrade sitting on the shelf waiting to go on when I got home, so I was just dealing with it. I've had the car do that to me if I washed it and then didn't drive it right away, but never bad enough that it WOULD NOT move. Has anyone else had that problem?

Then the car needed a new battery, no big deal, installed and it's all good...

But today she called me in tears because she tried to pull it out of the garage to wash it since I'll be home on Wednesday and the car wouldn't go into any gear while the engine is running, but I had her shut the car down and it goes into gear just fine. So I'm thinking it could be a bad slave cylinder. Any thoughts? I had her face time me while I looked at the fluid level and it looked like it was right where it should be. Thoughts on this? Has anyone experienced anything similar. I'm not looking forward to coming home to a full clutch job. She said the car was fine when she parked it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-16-17, 04:47 AM   #58
ChinookFE

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: '13 DGM Hatch "Shiva the Subie" (UPDATE- Coming home to car problems, NEED INPUT)

The car hasn't given me any problems going into gear, so I don't know what the deal was with that.

As far as the brakes, I had a short day at work yesterday so I came home and got the car up on jacks to finally install my Stoptech pads and rotors. Got the fronts completely done yesterday, even after snapping a wheel stud off when pulling the lugnuts.

The rears are torn down, but I ran out of daylight so that is my project this morning. I'm also replacing the parking brakes and all the little hardware that go along with it and that was fighting me pretty hard last night.

As another update, I finally also got my Prosport boost gauge installed on the A-pillar.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-16-17, 05:31 AM   #59
CTSparky
Becoming A Master Contributor
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: SS lines and master cyl brace
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

CTSparky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '13 DGM Hatch "Shiva the Subie" (UPDATE- Coming home to car problems, NEED INPUT)

Most likely the brake issue is that same you experienced. Just harder with more time sitting.
The clutch issue I'm not sue about but I think you may be on the right track.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-07-18, 08:05 AM   #60
ChinookFE

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: '13 DGM Hatch "Shiva the Subie"

Not a whole lot has been happening with the car until recently. It was just doing its duty as my daily driver. And I recently made the move from Northern New York to Southern Alabama.

Since I finally have a two-car garage, I was able to get my '67 Beetle project out of my sisters back yard and have really been going hard on that thing. It needs a lot of work so it's been taking up most of my time.

But the STi has been getting some love. I was not impressed with the PasswordJDM gurney flap, so I decided to ditch it and went with the Perrin one instead. It looks a million times better bolted to the spoiler rather than just stuck on with tape. Also this weekend, I finally got my RCE Yellow Springs and Cusco struts installed. The factory struts and springs had about 68000 miles on them, so it was a night and day difference. It feels like an all new car.

I'll try and get a few updated pictures in the next couple days.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement