Nox's 09 OBP STI
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Nox's 09 OBP STI

Old 09-12-14, 01:55 PM   #41
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for tha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboytaktix View Post
no winter isssues....it's 5-w30 for god sakes, there's no way it can be too thick...it's exactly on spec with what Subaru recommends!! lol

Well, honestly, whatever oil works and is available. And just watch it carefully to see if it burns. Since owning my car I have used rotella (about 25k km) and never had any oil loss or blow by or wtv. Oil is always at the same level as it was when I changed the oil.

As for the amsoil, if I were you, I'd just order 3 oil change worth of oil, save the 25% on it with the membership, and you're good for a year or a bit longer. No stress. I usually stock up on 2-3 containers of rotella when it's on sale, I always have more for the next oil change. Sometimes I just happen to be in wal-mart or Crappy Tire and see it on sale so fore myself to buy a few lol

Alright, good stuff! Subaru also recommends Mobile 1, but it's not the best as it runs thinner than what it's advertised which is why it's bad. Then again, I'm nearing 100k with the bulk oil so I have a bit of hesitation to switch as apparently it's working for my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-14, 03:54 PM   #42
S1monQc
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: EWG
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S1monQc has a spectacular aura aboutS1monQc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for that lo

LP has been using Redline oil for years in their race cars! It is a very good oil from what I've red myself (and I'm pretty OCD believe me)
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 09-13-14, 08:25 PM   #43
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for tha...

Well, after a fail yesterday, finally a victory today!

I wasn't able to detach the old clutch line without potentially stripping the hard line nut. Cheap tools ftl. I'll be getting it done this Thursday including a flush swap to some Motul goodness.

Installed the Group N power steering cooler today!

I still kept the stock location. I lowered the Hellas using the brackets that came with them originally.

Simon, this one is for you! My blue hellas used to pop through even though I have the thick Grillcraft grill. They could be seen easily, but not anymore. You should try lowering them. Using two brackets puts them right behind the bumper beam., and they're still loud.

Converted Group N piping to AN fittings

Fully connected!

Flushed my fluids, burped succesfully and upgraded to Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF.

While removing the intake, I noticed my filter was pretty neglected... Ooooops! Acceleration is sooo much smoother, lesson learned! Take this as a reminder to check yours.

Last edited by Noximus; 10-06-14 at 12:11 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-14, 10:31 PM   #44
S1monQc
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: EWG
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S1monQc has a spectacular aura aboutS1monQc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for tha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noximus View Post
Well, after a fail yesterday, finally a victory today!

I wasn't able to detach the old clutch line without potentially stripping the hard line nut. Cheap tools ftl. I'll be getting it done this Thursday including a flush swap to some Motul goodness.

Installed the Group N power steering cooler today!

I still kept the stock location. I lowered the Hellas using the brackets that came with them originally.

Image Link

Simon, this one is for you! My blue hellas used to pop through even though I have the thick Grillcraft grill. They could be seen easily, but not anymore. You should try lowering them. Using two brackets puts them right behind the bumper beam., and they're still loud.

Image Link

Converted Group N piping to AN fittings

Image Link

Fully connected!

Image Link

Flushed my fluids, burped succesfully and upgraded to Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF.

While removing the intake, I noticed my filter was pretty neglected... Ooooops! Acceleration is sooo much smoother, lesson learned! Take this as a reminder to check yours.

Image Link

Nice Chris

The horns look great hidden in that spot hehe

Very clean job with the oil cooler!!

Yeah, you better clean that filter more often. Every oil change is optimal!!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-14-14, 12:24 PM   #45
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - Group N power steering cooler! Moar air! SS Clutch line soon!

Participated in a treasure hunt rally today. We wanted to go solo, but they said we should pair up as it would be complicated enough to require a navigator. It was a pure navigation rally where your goal is to finish with zero points. We decided to pair up in my friend's Mazdaspeed3. I was the navigator, no pressure, hah. We finished with 6 points as we were 3mins early on the first control point, and 3mins late to our final location. We arrived in the parking lot right on time but we didn't know we had to find the end spot to turn in. We finished in first place! Second place came in at 7 points and the others were 30+ points behind, lol!

We're starting to like these rallys more than our track days!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-17-14, 01:33 PM   #46
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - Group N power steering cooler! Moar air! SS Clutch line soon!

All pretty for a special occasion? hummm

Last edited by Noximus; 10-06-14 at 12:13 PM.
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 09-18-14, 05:09 AM   #47
lukev
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 2008 STi GTX3076r
Fav Mod: HFS-3
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lukev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Group N power steering cooler! Moar air! SS Clutch line soon!

Looking good buddy! Are you coming to halifax for the ECS fall cruise?
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-18-14, 08:30 AM   #48
sti_mtl
Donating Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Group N power steering cooler! Moar air! SS Clutch line soon!

Excellent journal, list of mods, and list of mods to come.

Can't wait too see how it progresses.

Also great to see another montreal subaru enthusiast (not like there is a shortage lol).

You'll have to try to join Evan, Simon, Teo and I next time we have a mini meet
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 09-18-14, 09:02 AM   #49
Dspin_1080
Advanced Mastery Level IV

Car: Carless
Fav Mod: Would rather answer a quantum physics question...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dspin_1080 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti_mtl View Post

Also great to see another montreal subaru enthusiast (not like there is a shortage lol).

You'll have to try to join Evan, Simon, Teo and I next time we have a mini meet

No, No... It's ok, Don't mind me
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 09-18-14, 01:12 PM   #50
sti_mtl
Donating Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dspin_1080 View Post
Image Link

No, No... It's ok, Don't mind me
LoL, aww, now I feel bad.

I just didn't drop the your name as I question how worthy we are of having the legendary Marc and his LP700 at our small gatherings. Perhaps one day we will be so blessed. Rest assured I will continue to invite you in the hopes that one day we see you roll up in the phoenix. Sadly I have been out of the loop the last couple meets, the Lachute gathering included, as I had my bachelor party in Vegas that weekend (epic), and am getting married in early October. Hopefully we can squeeze in another casual meet before the winter shows up.

I will be at Lachute monday around 10am for some basic maintenance, and to caress your car...

Last edited by sti_mtl; 09-18-14 at 01:17 PM.
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement