Nox's 09 OBP STI
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Nox's 09 OBP STI

Old 09-08-14, 08:22 AM   #31
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for tha...

Running two tone today!

Black or Gold?

Wife says black, I say gold.

Last edited by Noximus; 10-06-14 at 11:00 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-14, 04:13 PM   #32
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for that low!

Back to gold! Man, I had forgot how much I loved this BBS gold.

Btw, if you're planning to plastidip your wheels, do it right. It's a pain in the pumpkin to remove when it's not thick enough or has been there for too long. I wasn't able to peel it. It would flake in extremely tiny bits. They recommend four cans which is one per wheel, but they don't mention that the more spokes you have the more you need. It makes sense when you think about it (i know :O). If I were to redo these, I would definitely get a minimum of 6 cans, maybe even 8. I had to use Dip Dissolver which would have worked well if I had more than one bottle. The first two wheels went great, but I ran out on the third wheel. I ended up getting some Goof Off and Goo Gone to finish. Goo Gone was the best of the two. After some research, I found out that Dip Dissolver was basically a more expensive Goo Gone. It evens smells the same. The only difference I could tell was that Dip Dissolver was a little thicker which allowed it to stay in place to expedite the liquification process instead of running off curved areas.

I also re-bled the brakes again. Wowzers is the pedal ever stiff now. Love it! There was quite a bit of old fluid left and plenty of bubble at the furthest wheel. We must not have bled that one properly when we did the SS lines.

The coilovers are doing great. I'm really happy with Fortune Auto. I've found that a medium setting was best as a DD. It makes for a better ride than stock all while allowing plenty of control for spirited runs. The soft setting is just too bouncy with my current sway bar and tire pressure setup. The hard setting is just unbelievable. The car stays so flat, it's unreal. I can't wait to try to this out at autox.

My AN fittings are in. Moar blue and power steering cooler Saturday!

I've been researching different motor oils lately. I've seen some interesting point of views on different brands. I think the Mobil 1 Euro Spec or Castrol Edge German Spec are my favorite so far. My main goal is trying to find a reliable brand that I can source locally without any issues. I still have 2500km to make my decision though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-11-14, 04:33 PM   #33
Dspin_1080
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Carless
Fav Mod: Would rather answer a quantum physics question...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dspin_1080 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for tha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noximus View Post
Running two tone today!

Image Link

Black or Gold?

Wife says black, I say gold.

Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-14, 06:36 PM   #34
LuvMyBlueSTI
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: WRBlue 10 STi
Fav Mod: Ankle Twitch Enhancer
My Subaru Parts for sale

LuvMyBlueSTI is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for that lo

Great detail work. Beeeutiful!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-11-14, 08:47 PM   #35
saajand
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 2015 F150 3.5 EB
Fav Mod: Seller's Remorse
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

saajand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for that lo

What class power engineer are ya?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-12-14, 05:06 AM   #36
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyBlueSTI View Post
Great detail work. Beeeutiful!
Thanks! I actually have a few swirls to take care of, but overall the paint doesn't reflect the car's mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saajand View Post
What class power engineer are ya?
I'm an EE MIT working for the provincial electrical utility on the distribution side. We don't really use PE classification unless you're working on the generation side.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-12-14, 07:31 AM   #37
S1monQc
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: EWG
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S1monQc has a spectacular aura aboutS1monQc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I've been researching different motor oils lately. I've seen some interesting point of views on different brands. I think the Mobil 1 Euro Spec or Castrol Edge German Spec are my favorite so far. My main goal is trying to find a reliable brand that I can source locally without any issues. I still have 2500km to make my decision though.

I would just ask Lachute Performance to ship me some 5W40 (or more viscous if tracking the car) Redline oil if I was in your situation
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-12-14, 07:51 AM   #38
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1monQc View Post
I would just ask Lachute Performance to ship me some 5W40 (or more viscous if tracking the car) Redline oil if I was in your situation
Or even better, just go amsoil and you can order directly off their site! Add the 'preferred Membership' for only $10 and get 25% off! And they will ship right to you. Was going to go that route before I decided on Rotella, which is available at my local Wal-Mart for about $40 for 5L. Can't beat price/quality on that!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-12-14, 09:08 AM   #39
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for that low!

Thanks for the great tips. I'm trying to avoid a dependance on shipments for all my fluids. I'm already dependant on Touge Tuning for Motul's RBF660 since no Motul dealer around here actively carries any Motul in stock even though they're marked as a dealer. :|

I'll have to check Walmart. Great idea. We have some Rotella T6 here at CT, but I need more convincing on this one before jumping on the bandwagon. I believe it to be too thick for our winters. The last selection I've been contemplating would be going with Rotella for the summer and Mobile 1 Euro in the winter. I still have to do some research on Redline.

Have you had any issues with hard startups in the winter using Rotella?

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-12-14, 09:16 AM   #40
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Thanks for the great tips. I'm trying to avoid a dependance on shipments for all my fluids. I'm already dependant on Touge Tuning for Motul's RBF660 since no Motul dealer around here actively carries any Motul in stock even though they're marked as a dealer. :|

I'll have to check Walmart. Great idea. We have some Rotella T6 here at CT, but I need more convincing on this one before jumping on the bandwagon. I believe it to be too thick for our winters. The last selection I've been contemplating would be going with Rotella for the summer and Mobile 1 Euro in the winter. I still have to do some research on Redline.

Have you had any issues with hard startups in the winter using Rotella?

no winter isssues....it's 5-w30 for god sakes, there's no way it can be too thick...it's exactly on spec with what Subaru recommends!! lol

Well, honestly, whatever oil works and is available. And just watch it carefully to see if it burns. Since owning my car I have used rotella (about 25k km) and never had any oil loss or blow by or wtv. Oil is always at the same level as it was when I changed the oil.

As for the amsoil, if I were you, I'd just order 3 oil change worth of oil, save the 25% on it with the membership, and you're good for a year or a bit longer. No stress. I usually stock up on 2-3 containers of rotella when it's on sale, I always have more for the next oil change. Sometimes I just happen to be in wal-mart or Crappy Tire and see it on sale so fore myself to buy a few lol
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement