Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Nox's 09 OBP STI

Old 08-25-14, 05:44 PM   #21
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Super Pro passenger bushing fits the 2015 rack after all!

Those fogs look great Chris! Output looks to be spot on, also really interested to see and here your thoughts on the Group N P/S cooler

I have the Hella Horns on my car, will it be possible to put the Group N P/S cooler in front of my Hellas? Is it easier to route the P/S cooler to the middle empty portion of the front bumper?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-14, 07:09 PM   #22
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Super Pro passenger bushing fits the 2015 rack after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dspin_1080 View Post
That groupN P/S cooler though !
I know right. It's really a damn shame it's not plug and play. I think we're just missing out on a "kit" part number from the JDM database. It came with zero hardware, but that's a good thing as now I have "no choice" to order proper AN fittings, better clamps and hoses that may even add engine bling at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiDetailing View Post
Those fogs look great Chris! Output looks to be spot on, also really interested to see and here your thoughts on the Group N P/S cooler

I have the Hella Horns on my car, will it be possible to put the Group N P/S cooler in front of my Hellas? Is it easier to route the P/S cooler to the middle empty portion of the front bumper?
From what I read, I believe the attachment point and bend will fit behind my Hella leaving the coils exposed to uninterrupted airflow.

I'll be doing a full write-up/how-to on the install process including a full list of parts. There is a couple install threads, but there are many unanswered key questions in them. Hopefully, I'll be able to clear those up to allow others to do it easily. I'll be doing the cooler install last on the list though to allow more time to document properly.

Last edited by Noximus; 08-25-14 at 07:39 PM.
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 08-25-14, 07:21 PM   #23
S1monQc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: EWG
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S1monQc has a spectacular aura aboutS1monQc has a spectacular aura about

Are u coming to Subiefest near Montreal september 6 brah?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-14, 07:51 PM   #24
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1monQc View Post
Are u coming to Subiefest near Montreal september 6 brah?
Naaah, not this year. I was just there for Heavy Montreal without the subie. Plus, I'm trying to save for a straight jump to stage 2+/3.

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask if you guys knew who owns the bronze STI (i think vinyl wrapped). I saw it on a flatbed. Is there are journal for that car?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-30-14, 08:37 PM   #25
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - JDM fogs! moar parts to install!

Fixed front clunk I had been hearing lately. It seems the gold bushing Whiteline braces were getting loose and tilted a little. They were making contact with the frame. I paralleled them with the frame, but I think they might still make contact. Does anyone know if these are mandatory? I don't really see their use.

Re-greased the Whiteline sway bar bushings. They were bone dry close to just one year in! I used some marine lube this time. It should last longer

Brake SS lines are in!

Motul 660 brake fluid is in!

Coilovers are in!

Looks like I need to buy a low profile jack and ramps now, haha Dropped quite a bit. Smooth ride and no rubbing so far, love it! Pic update tomorrow as we finished at midnight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Noximus; 10-06-14 at 10:45 AM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 08-31-14, 08:55 AM   #26
S1monQc

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - JDM fogs! moar parts to install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noximus View Post
Fixed front clunk I had been hearing lately. It seems the gold bushing Whiteline braces were getting loose and tilted a little. They were making contact with the frame. I paralleled them with the frame, but I think they might still make contact. Does anyone know if these are mandatory? I don't really see their use.

Image Link

Re-greased the Whiteline sway bar bushings. They were bone dry close to just one year in! I used some marine lube this time. It should last longer

Brake SS lines are in!

Motul 660 brake fluid is in!

Coilovers are in!

Looks like I need to buy a low profile jack and ramps now, haha Dropped quite a bit. Smooth ride and no rubbing so far, love it! Pic update tomorrow as we finished at midnight

Let us know how you like the Fortune Auto coils after some driving time

I'm considering going coils but with winter here, kind of a heart breaking situation... And I keep rubbing my front lip on sidewalks with Eibach coil springs only... Can't imagine even lower...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-31-14, 09:48 AM   #27
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Let us know how you like the Fortune Auto coils after some driving time

I'm considering going coils but with winter here, kind of a heart breaking situation... And I keep rubbing my front lip on sidewalks with Eibach coil springs only... Can't imagine even lower...

It's actually a really great ride! Very smooth compared to stock. So far, as good as I thought it would be.

Our winters is the main reason I wanted fully adjustable coils. I'll run stock height in the winter and low in the summer. I'm a bit concerned for rusting and seizing as these are made of aluminum. I'll find out next spring after a long winter. If I had the money, I would have gone for KWs as they're made of SS which should make them pretty invincible to our winters. They just didn't fit with my stage 2+ timeline goal. We'll see how these do, but so far I've read nothing but good things about these even in Canadian winters.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-31-14, 10:28 AM   #28
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

East Coast Subaru!

JDM fogs

Low!

Before:

After:

Best part, no rubbing! Photog pics coming soon!

Last edited by Noximus; 10-06-14 at 10:48 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-31-14, 06:14 PM   #29
S1monQc

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - JDM fogs! moar parts to install!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noximus View Post

After:

Image Link

Best part, no rubbing! Photog pics coming soon!

Stance is great!!

God I so want coilovers now
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-31-14, 06:18 PM   #30
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - Goodridge SS lines! Fortune Auto Coils! Them feels for tha...

Quote:
Stance is great!!

God I so want coilovers now

do eeeet!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement