Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-14, 06:19 PM   #12
Dspin_1080
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Carless
Fav Mod: Would rather answer a quantum physics question...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dspin_1080 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI

Congrats on starting a Journal of your own, Chris

Clearly you've been busy ... Quite an impressive list of aftermarket parts

No doubt, as well as others I'll be keeping an eye on your progress as you push forward towards the goals you've set your sights on

That being said... More "revealing" pics of that sleeper GRB of yours .... NAO !
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-15-14, 07:10 PM   #13
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1monQc View Post
But why Subaru OEM Mobil 1 oil ?!?!?!?!

Why??
It's the best readily available around here. Rotella T6 will be used soon. I still have to find a reliable place to get some. CT doesn't always have some here. The local market makes finding quality fluids quite challenging. My Motul is coming from pretty far as no one in the atlantic was actively carying stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dspin_1080 View Post
Congrats on starting a Journal of your own, Chris

Clearly you've been busy ... Quite an impressive list of aftermarket parts

No doubt, as well as others I'll be keeping an eye on your progress as you push forward towards the goals you've set your sights on

That being said... More "revealing" pics of that sleeper GRB of yours .... NAO !
Thanks Marc! Will do... soon!

It seems the list feature doesn't work in Tapatalk. I'll have to figure something out for that.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-14, 10:44 PM   #14
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

You asked for them, you get them! Pics!

Fixed Tapatalk list bb code issue. It ends up Tapatalk BB codes are case sensitive.......lol

Installed Stoptech Street Performance front brake pads today. The dealer I bought it from last year told me they had changed the brake pads not long ago....well, I can tell you they didn't do the front ones. Them suckers were rusted in there pretty bad. I decided to look at the history to find out they've been in there for 52kkm! Looking further, the rear pads have been in for 43kkm! /sigh

Looks like I'll have to do the rotors before autox starts up again next month.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-19-14, 06:17 PM   #15
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Pics!!! Stoptech!

Installed the rear brake pads today. Now that I have all four, these are not the upgrade I was expecting to feel. Great pads for a stock car. I would definitely recommend the Stoptech Street Performance for daily driving. If you're planning to track more than occasionally or are modded up with extra power, I wouldn't recommend these. There's a slight bite increase, but nothing major. I think the increase in feel people report is mostly coming from the pad thickness compared to new OEM pads. I'm looking forward to testing them on the track and seeing how much dust they produce. I will definitely be getting the Ferodos as originally planned once these have done their time.

The rear rotors are in pretty good shape. I inspected the front ones again. They're not as bad as originally perceived. I think I might be able to get away with it for the second half of autox. I'll keep an eye on them to find out if I have to change them for winter.

I've been meaning to change my sway bar settings for a while now. The harshness on the road was starting to kill the ride experience daily driving. It could be my stock struts that are starting to show their age, but I didn't really complain before I went full stiff. Since I have the Fortune Autos coming hopefully this week, I've decided to change from 23f/23r to 22f/21r. Hopefully combined with the coilovers, this setup will work great for the track and for daily driving as I would no longer have to go under to switch to the track setup.

I re-installed some new front bumper supports to repair part of last winter's damage causing a dead center crack on the lower portion of the bumper. You couldn't really tell it was there unless you're looking for it. Adding the braces and attaching the bumper again did relieve some sag. It should be good for another winter.

I inspected the steering rack. Everything looks great as it should. The passenger side bushing deserves to be changed though. You can tell it's broken in. It's as squishy as the original GR bushing that I had on my old rack. I started removing the bracket and tried to remove the bushing, but ran out of time. Shorter days ftl! I'll have another go at this one tomorrow. Hopefully the Super Pro bushing will be in. I'll have to cut it a little, but it should work out.

Last edited by Noximus; 08-19-14 at 06:24 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-20-14, 03:30 PM   #16
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Stoptech Pads installed! Sway Bar setup ready for coilovers!

Super Pro passenger side steering rack bushing now installed. No overlap once it's set in place and torqued down.

Here's what the 2015 bushing looked like after 1500kms. yikes!

Now I'm officially out of parts to install until the shipping gods allow it

Last edited by Noximus; 10-06-14 at 10:42 AM.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Old 08-25-14, 02:19 PM   #17
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - Super Pro passenger bushing fits the 2015 rack after all!

Fog light kit w/ JDM fogs installed this weekend. So beautiful! Here's what my front end looks like now

Coilovers!

Group N PS cooler!

Install to do list now, yay!:
  • Brake and clutch fluid flush
  • Brake and clutch ss lines
  • PS cooler
  • Mobile 1 ATF syn PS fluid (OEM fluid sucks)
  • Eibach camber bolts

I still need to order some extra fittings and hoses for the cooler. OEM fit, but not really plug and play :/

Now I need to go help my wife assemble her new living room furniture, lol. Because,

Last edited by Noximus; 10-06-14 at 10:45 AM.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Old 08-25-14, 03:06 PM   #18
Poindextrous
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: 2011 OBP STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Poindextrous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nox's 09 OBP STI - Super Pro passenger bushing fits the 2015 rack after all!

Where'd you order that PS cooler from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-25-14, 03:18 PM   #19
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindextrous View Post
Where'd you order that PS cooler from?

The cooler doesn't seem to be available to Canadian dealers. I got it (and the fog bezels) from Heuberger Subaru Parts online. Great service from Bryce. I'll definitely buy from them again.

http://heubergersubaruparts.com/

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-25-14, 04:45 PM   #20
Dspin_1080
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Carless
Fav Mod: Would rather answer a quantum physics question...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dspin_1080 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Super Pro passenger bushing fits the 2015 rack after all!

That groupN P/S cooler though !
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement