Old 04-17-15, 12:46 PM   #181
CTSparky
Becoming A Master Contributor
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: SS lines and master cyl brace
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

CTSparky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Alignment, and more to come!

Hey Nox,

I've been looking at the RE-71R's as well do you mind telling me why you went with them over the RE-11 (a) ?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-15, 01:30 PM   #182
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSparky View Post
Hey Nox,

I've been looking at the RE-71R's as well do you mind telling me why you went with them over the RE-11 (a) ?
The initial reports rate them better than the RE-11A. They're also supposed to be replacing the RE-11As eventually. Despite the lack of threads, they are said to have better wet traction than RE-11A. Of course, they also have better dry traction just by looking at the design. I got them for so cheap that I think the RE-11A that are still available would have been more expensive. Honestly, I'm an early adopter on almost everything I buy so I always tend to jump to the "newest" and "greatest". Time will tell.

Edit: On another one, this guy is mainly the one who sold me on them. If you have time, watch all three videos: https://www.iwsti.com/forums/4114540-post167.html
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-17-15, 03:47 PM   #183
STIGR-Wagon-Dad
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: DGM 08 WRX STI Zenki
Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about

I had the old RE71 tires on my AE86 Levin in Japan. That was a great tire. Overkill for the low power, but it was fun. I may try them after my Pilot Super sports wear out.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-15, 09:18 AM   #184
CTSparky
Becoming A Master Contributor

Fav Mod: SS lines and master cyl brace
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

CTSparky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noximus View Post
The initial reports rate them better than the RE-11A. They're also supposed to be replacing the RE-11As eventually. Despite the lack of threads, they are said to have better wet traction than RE-11A. Of course, they also have better dry traction just by looking at the design. I got them for so cheap that I think the RE-11A that are still available would have been more expensive. Honestly, I'm an early adopter on almost everything I buy so I always tend to jump to the "newest" and "greatest". Time will tell.

Edit: On another one, this guy is mainly the one who sold me on them. If you have time, watch all three videos: https://www.iwsti.com/forums/4114540-post167.html
Thanks Nox.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-27-15, 06:24 PM   #185
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Potenza RE-71R, DBA4000 & Muteki!

Moar parts! My rear wheel bearings are shot. I decided to take advantage of it by swapping the rotors at the same time. This way we'll only have to play with those caliper bolts once. I'll have sexy wheels & rotors in the back, and sexy wheels and crap rotors in the front, haha. I'll get the fronts later this summer. I stuck with the DBAs simply because the turn around for them compared to Girodiscs was way more convenient. The performance difference between both brands considering the few driving I'll be doing was not worth the price either for now. Bonus if you find the sneaky cat!
  • DBA T3 4000 series slotted rear rotors
  • Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40R18 97W
  • Muteki Lug Nuts 12x1.25 Closed End Black

Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 04-30-15, 07:57 AM   #186
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Potenza RE-71R, DBA4000 & Muteki!

mmm nice rotors and solid wheels
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-30-15, 06:02 PM   #187
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Greddy replica front lip & start of the blue cap conversion

Front lip arrived! I decided to go with the replica for obvious reason. I don't want to have a cracked $400-700 lip at the end of the summer.
  • Greddy replica polyurethane front lip

Last edited by Noximus; 07-15-15 at 09:15 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-03-15, 05:45 PM   #188
Noximus

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Podi gauges & Greddy replica front lip

Front lip test fit! Very happy, perfect fitment. It's holding without any hardware or tape for this pic.

Podi gauges finally installed! All are working except AFR. It's powered, but no sensors until I get my downpipe.

Last edited by Noximus; 05-03-15 at 06:08 PM.
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 05-04-15, 02:44 PM   #189
STIGR-Wagon-Dad
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: DGM 08 WRX STI Zenki
Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Podi gauges & Greddy replica front lip!

Nox's 09 OBP STI looks good!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-06-15, 01:24 PM   #190
sti_mtl
Gold Member

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Nox's 09 OBP STI - Podi gauges & Greddy replica front lip!

Man o man those re-71r look just fantastic.

Tread pattern looks mean, look forward to some more info to see how they compare as the successor to the mighty re-11a.

And all those gauges...I'm lovin my innovate gauges, but the color match fanatic in me is envious of your gauges which match the stock HuD.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement