GR Sedan: awenthol's 2013 - Replace all the things - Page 22 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
awenthol's 2013 - Replace all the things
awenthol's 2013 - Replace all the things
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: awenthol's 2013 - Replace all the things

Old 06-21-16, 07:36 AM   #211
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: awenthol's 2013 - Replace all the things

I figured out what you should do... Sell your stock location GTX3067R to me and buy the new turbo.

I put a lot of thought into that solution. lol
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-16, 12:40 PM   #212
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: Tint
My Subaru Parts for sale

awenthol is a jewel in the roughawenthol is a jewel in the roughawenthol is a jewel in the rough

I'm still on stock turbo... Pushing it to its limits, so we'll see how long it lasts. I have plenty of other things I'd like to take care of before a turbo.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-26-16, 01:25 PM   #213
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

awenthol is a jewel in the roughawenthol is a jewel in the roughawenthol is a jewel in the rough

Had the chance to do a test and tune at US131 drag strip, Friday. Temps were in the 90's and IAT's were over 140F, so naturally my times were embarrassing. But, got the chance to beat on it and nothing broke (surprising).

Was able to roll it over a scale to find I'm sitting at 3120lbs, with 3/4 tank of fuel. Was expecting less but at least I know where I'm at. Want to be under 3000 but I don't really want to completely gut the interior. Not sure what I have left for "big loss" but I know I have quite a bit of weight that will go back on with the air to water...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-16, 05:21 PM   #214
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Phone quality photos, per usual. No parts updates (though I did get Carbotech XP10's on, and am waiting for rotors to show up). Just driving it...About to hit 13k miles.

Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 10-05-16, 06:03 PM   #215
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Not much for updates. Finally got around to a track day...i'm extreme newb, yet, so my lines are garbage. Also, dash cam cuts out once in a while but can't complain for dash cam quality video.

https://www.youtube.com/v/fA1HIQFgW70
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-17-17, 08:45 AM   #216
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Miscellaneous updates...

1) put the car away for the winter
2) Full detail
3) Stripped all arms, sways, links, etc to grease bushings
4) Fixed some interior wiring
5) Cleaned up some front end wiring (horns, light ballasts)
6) Painted mufflers
7) Beefed up the factory fender braces. Don't like how the GTSpec and Summit braces add so much unnecessary weight and rigidity where the car needs none...
8) Started and still working on rear seat delete
9) Started and still working on air-to-water.
10) Heat shields for ball joints and tie rod ends (deleted heavy factory dust shields)

Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 01-17-17, 08:59 AM   #217
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Damn, You've been busy!

I'm curious about the fender braces, I like the idea of retaining the stock ones. I debated about just making my own as well, didn't really think about just triangulating the OEM ones.

Have you thought about, or maybe already done, the front bumper beam? Supposedly weighs 19lbs.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-17-17, 09:02 AM   #218
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
Damn, You've been busy!

I'm curious about the fender braces, I like the idea of retaining the stock ones. I debated about just making my own as well, didn't really think about just triangulating the OEM ones.

Have you thought about, or maybe already done, the front bumper beam? Supposedly weighs 19lbs.
Front and rear bumper, air bags, and many other unnecessary items already deleted.

Rear seats were quite a bit of weight and if I ever get the money, front seats will be gone too.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-18-17, 05:34 PM   #219
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Poor lighting in the garage so it's hard to get good pictures. Still working on the upper back piece then they'll butt together and hopefully be seamless.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-19-17, 04:27 AM   #220
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I knew a cylinder was running rich but it wasn't showing in the plugs

Still having issues with oil everywhere...but I do think it's my breather system. Found the check valve broken. Coming up with some new options. Resealing everything for good measure and had to fix a leaking valve stem seal, anyway (my fault for not replacing them when I had the heads apart)

Just about done with swat delete

And, trying to decide how I want to do this...consideting EWG at the up-pipe since I have the engine back out and need to fix the header, anyway. It seems like a waste to have such an efficient CAC with 3" plumbing but trying to then squeeze it back through such a small throttle body. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Boomba TB and machine the intake manifold while it's apart.

Last edited by awenthol; 02-19-17 at 04:32 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement