GR Sedan: awenthol's 2013 - Replace all the things - Page 21 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
awenthol's 2013 - Replace all the things
awenthol's 2013 - Replace all the things
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: awenthol's 2013 - Replace all the things

Old 05-30-16, 03:35 PM   #201
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: Tint
My Subaru Parts for sale

awenthol is a jewel in the roughawenthol is a jewel in the roughawenthol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: awenthol's 2013 - Replace all the things

Not much in the way of updates but I recently took a Project Engineer role for an automotive Tier 1 in SW Michigan... Hauled the car out and got situated.

Still have major oil leakage and what I thought was from the turbo drain may actually be rear main. Cam is still leaking. Going to pull the engine and fix everything. Starting to wonder if the exhaust venturi can keep up under all conditions, and maybe I'm building crank pressure (blow seal out). So, I'm going to put a check valve and VTA if crank pressure exceeds atmospheric. Then I'm going to plump in a temporary gauge to monitor crank pressure.

Working on the tune, slowly but surely.

Advanced keys stopped working after the rewire, so I still need to fix that... Though I'm confident the actual module took a crap.

Wheels showed, so those will get tires mounted tomorrow.

Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-16, 06:33 PM   #202
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

awenthol is a jewel in the roughawenthol is a jewel in the roughawenthol is a jewel in the rough

Can't get better pics until the engine is back in and I can roll it outside. Pretty sure front is going to rub on lower control arm.

Miles of Brake clearance

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-16, 04:54 AM   #203
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Oil leaks fixed... Too much crankcase pressure and it blew the seals out. Vibrant e-vac is not doing its job and I'm the idiot that didn't get a vac gauge on it to confirm it's pulling vac through entire range. Temporarily band-aided my breather system.

Wheels fit perfectly. No rubbing anywhere. Grip like I've never felt in my life.

Before anyone asks, I'm waiting to do a turbo before I install the air to water setup. I need to be able to clock the compressor housing for piping. Earliest will be late summer but it will likely be a winter project.

Coilovers are next, to fix saggy butt. Then axles, then turbo.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-16, 05:36 AM   #204
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

What turbo are you planning on?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-16, 05:48 AM   #205
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Haven't decided yet. Wasn't looking for big HP and I wanted to keep peak torque below 4k rpm (and ideally over 500lb-ft wheel)...but with these cams, that's probably not going to happen. If it looks feasible (when I get it on a dyno), I'll do a GTX3076. If not, I'll just go ahead with a GTX3582 and bump Rev limit to something like 8500rpm.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-16, 05:56 AM   #206
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Haven't decided yet. Wasn't looking for big HP and I wanted to keep peak torque below 4k rpm (and ideally over 500lb-ft wheel)...but with these cams, that's probably not going to happen. If it looks feasible (when I get it on a dyno), I'll do a GTX3076. If not, I'll just go ahead with a GTX3582 and bump Rev limit to something like 8500rpm.
Mmmmm GTX. Stock location or rotated? From what I've seen from the different dyno graphs, the torque comes in earlier.

It's hard to really gauge it, obviously, because setups/dyno's are different. But it's something I'm acutely paying attention to as well, being that I'm stock heads/cams.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-16, 06:24 AM   #207
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Stock location. And when I say below 4k, I mean to say below 3500ish--where it was before blowing up. Was awesome having that kind of torque on tap, in traffic.

Their dyno was clearly garbage but my butt dyno said low end was good.

Last edited by awenthol; 06-10-16 at 06:34 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-11-16, 05:10 AM   #208
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Stock location. And when I say below 4k, I mean to say below 3500ish--where it was before blowing up. Was awesome having that kind of torque on tap, in traffic.

Their dyno was clearly garbage but my butt dyno said low end was good.

Image Link
Exactly, I want that low end torque as well, it's just more fun.

That looks like 429 torque at like 3.2k?!?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-13-16, 11:18 AM   #209
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
Exactly, I want that low end torque as well, it's just more fun.

That looks like 429 torque at like 3.2k?!?
Yes, and it feels like I'm still around that with the current setup. Just want more...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-20-16, 02:35 AM   #210
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

That's dream worthy. LOL I can't even fathom that much so quick, at the moment. But I know what you mean by wanting more, it's always a battle of wanting more. At least for me it is.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement