GR Hatch: Maz's 2013 DGM STI - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Maz's 2013 DGM STI
Maz's 2013 DGM STI
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Maz's 2013 DGM STI

Old 12-28-14, 07:28 PM   #41
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Spoolinator
My Subaru Parts for sale

MazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to all
Default Re: Maz's 2013 DGM STI

Yeah, I was hoping to do the same thing with the spoolinator. Install it, ask for a conservative tune, and reinforce the block with drop-in pistons. As Prime are far more of experts than myself, I think it would be foolish of me to tell them to do something other than their recommendation. Once IAG responds, maybe that's another option. I did all the things that to my knowledge should help the block: killer b pickup, AOS, ELH, and I'm anal about my real-time monitoring, checking oil, and oil analysis.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-15, 03:34 PM   #42
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

MazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to all

Ever since I reflashed to get rid of a bad shift that showed up in FKL, my null boost weirdness disappeared. Haven't seen a smidge of knock either in a while.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-05-15, 05:46 PM   #43
S1ckWrx
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 2012 DGM WRX
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S1ckWrx is on a distinguished road

have you fixxed or come up with why your A/F learn 1.a.b.c.d were going crazy negative? my car is doing that lately aswell cant figure why.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-15, 06:06 AM   #44
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yes and no - I don't have a reason but the AF Learning skews were related. Since I reflashed the highest it ever got was on start up of 8.59. It seems each cold start it then adds or subtracts from that and repeats the same philosophy on entering 6th gear. However, since the reflash, it doesn't do that in 6th anymore... I took several drives and even in 6th gear on the highway it was rock solid and only went above the 1.5 range or so on deceleration and such.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-08-15, 06:14 AM   #45
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

After some deep thought, while I'm not pulling the trigger until I hear back from Prime, obviously, the power level I want really requires a built motor and therefore that is a sunk cost. My car is my daily driver and any track days are just a fun excuse to get on the pedal a bit harder. Looking at the useable powerband of other cars... I think the Spoolinator really is the right option for me. And it gives me a more unique car thats just a bit shinier and flashier than the one next to me #bigexpensivetoy
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-08-15, 07:25 AM   #46
SHIFT-D
Master Contributor Level 2

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

SHIFT-D will become famous soon enough

The Spoolinator tempts me for sure. I looking forward to seeing how you like it. When are you looking to get it done?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-08-15, 07:48 AM   #47
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

1st week of February has been my goal.
I'll have Prime do what they can first such as assemble the block I guess?
I presume the bottleneck will be sending my uppipe back to Killer B for modification. I think that is a week or so turn-around.
Now I need to start looking for the cheapest rental options available and figure out if I should rent for a long period of time or if extensions of my rental run the same price...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-13-15, 06:01 AM   #48
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Alrighty, so:
1) Everything is ordered but I haven't put in a request with a car rental company as I want to give Prime some time to ensure delivery dates as it is a lot of parts and I'm not sure what Killer B's turn-around is.

2) After seeing some posts from [email protected], it would seem even he thinks its only a matter of time before the kit takes out the stock block so it even more so confirms Prime's opinion. Though I admit I got a tad misty eyed thinking of the fact I'm killing my stock block... it runs so freaking beautifully... but I have no way to transport it home or care for it or whatever a stored block needs ... time to research I guess...

3) I get to reinstall my daughter's old carseat in July
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-15-15, 11:48 AM   #49
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Found a used Corsa catback... current user thinks its too aggressive and disturbing to his neighbors... this worries me slightly but tempted to pick it up as its a steal and I want a full 3" before I get tuned...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-15-15, 11:58 AM   #50
LuvMyBlueSTI
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: WRBlue 10 STi
Fav Mod: Ankle Twitch Enhancer
My Subaru Parts for sale

LuvMyBlueSTI is on a distinguished road

Killer B is running about a 2 month lag on the Spoolinator.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement