GR Hatch: Maz's 2013 DGM STI - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Maz's 2013 DGM STI
Maz's 2013 DGM STI
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Maz's 2013 DGM STI

Old 09-09-14, 11:24 AM   #21
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Spoolinator
My Subaru Parts for sale

MazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to all
Default Re: Maz's 2013 DGM STI

Ok, will upload some videos later.

I'm overall very satisfied. The butt dyno on Stage 2 wasn't sure. The butt dyno on this tells me "Holyfreakingcrap." I've always loved my car but now I love it enough I want to replace the front bumper and add in some bling

Junior's tune seems rock solid still. On Sport which is apparently an 18ish PSI boost tune, it's solid and easy to drive. Literally zero knock unless I purposefully TRY to make it knock. Yes, the tune was so clean I had to resort to that as my paranoid self was wondering if somehow the knock sensors werent working or were disabled. I know Jr wouldn't do that per prior discussions but it was just THAT solid. There may or may not be a stumble... the engine occassionally feels as if it chokes a bit as it heads into boost but driving more aggressively or just staying in boost removes that issue. I only drive it on Sport#, the 21 lb boost mode, when I want to scare people or have a brief moment of fun. Its also rock solid and the choke does not seem to be present there... its just so darn fast that I'm nore sure I'm comfortable driving it 24/7 on that mode I have to actually pay attention. Oh, and the A/F learning is perfectly normal now... apparently it just takes a while for the ECU to learn the trims? Apparently a full tank of gas.

Ok, so... despite the fact its overkill and probably not needed, very happy I got the killer b ultimate collection. Very happy with the headers and the change in noise is fine by me. The turbo inlet I presume is fine. The AEM CAI I have some reservations about. I like SOME of the noise but not all of it... but on the other hand its EASY to tell when youre hitting boost and to maintain boost thanks to the feedback. The sensor who knows but as Jr's tune previously was 22 psi, I figured no harm. The TMIC is icy cool to the touch so I presume its fine. The fitment isn't perfect as the hood inlet doesn't precisely line up (There's a gap to the left of several inches) but based on the fact my engine is running SO MUCH COOLER than with the stocker, I'm thinking its irrelevant.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-14, 10:12 AM   #22
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

MazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to all

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1rU...p=docslist_api
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-15-14, 09:51 AM   #23
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Dyno Plot

Untitled by mazrimnj, on Flickr

Last edited by MazNJ; 09-15-14 at 12:38 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-14, 02:44 PM   #24
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

3G Pull (Because the police were kind enough to forgive my 4G pull)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byo...it?usp=sharing

Some shifts
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byo...it?usp=sharing

Would love any input.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-05-14, 11:13 AM   #25
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Got a warning from an officer in another town last night and a complaint about how loud the car is. I'm going to use this opportunity to force myself to drive more responsibly.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-05-14, 05:30 PM   #26
Bassler
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: can't play favorites anymore
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bassler is a jewel in the roughBassler is a jewel in the roughBassler is a jewel in the rough

Around here they will pull you over but don't give tickets. The statute doesn't define a measurable scenario for what is too loud. Loud and objectionable is an excuse for cops to pull you over and look for other things.

They don't expect a 32 year old finance professional with a recaro child seat in the back. Always gives me a smile to see how their demeanor changes instantly.

But you're right, it teaches you to have a little more discretion.
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 12-06-14, 03:32 AM   #27
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Good thing I don't have a tan.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-12-14, 08:03 AM   #28
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Switched over to Sport from Sport# engine and throttle mapping to try and lesson the amount of naughty driving I do... plus its winter. Attempted to also reflash my map last night but the reflash didn't seem to work at all. I'm wondering if its an AP bug. I'll check for updates with my AP and if necessary, just reload the map completely.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-18-14, 06:44 PM   #29
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Reflashed two or three days ago to clear a bad shift on my part from FKL that was annoying me and the car seems much happier. I've started double clutching on my downshifts and making my upshifts more deliberate and its made my prior occasional shift knock become even less.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-19-14, 06:55 AM   #30
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Waiting for my estimate from Prime.

Realizing I keep adding to this and kicking the price up to the point where I'm thinking it might not be affordable for me and I'll have to be split it up into 2015 and 2016 (if beyond, I'd probably just give up at that point).

As an alternative to going full on stupid with the build, I guess I could:

2015 - Uppipe, EWG, BOV, TGV, Airpump Delete, Fuel pump
2016 - Spoolinator & Turbo, Clutch, Pistons, Rods, Stumble Kit

The only problem here is my car would be down for some serious time for both periods as I currently have the non-EWG killer b uppipe and they would have to modify it and I have no idea how long that takes. The EWG and TGVs would give me a small power boost and would be fun.

Another option is just say screw it and maybe do something like GTWorx Bilsteins or coilovers or whatnot and call it a day. Definitely want to do something with my tax return.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement