GR Hatch: Maz's 2013 DGM STI - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Maz's 2013 DGM STI
Maz's 2013 DGM STI
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Maz's 2013 DGM STI

Old 06-11-14, 04:58 PM   #11
Bassler
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: can't play favorites anymore
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bassler is a jewel in the roughBassler is a jewel in the roughBassler is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Maz's 2013 DGM STI

Congrats on the progress! Where did you order the spearco tmic from? Do you anticipate any issues fitting it? I'm considering one but haven't found definitive info on the install for GRs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-14, 05:18 PM   #12
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Spoolinator
My Subaru Parts for sale

MazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to all

Used from the shop doing the install, belonged to the tuner.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-11-14, 05:35 PM   #13
Bassler
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: can't play favorites anymore
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bassler is a jewel in the roughBassler is a jewel in the roughBassler is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Re: Maz's 2013 DGM STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazNJ View Post
Used from the shop doing the install, belonged to the tuner.
Nice score! I picked up a new process west for 900 and was happy with that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-14, 07:21 PM   #14
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

MazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to allMazNJ is a name known to all

New cluster:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byo...it?usp=sharing

Ready for racing!:

My car, sweet and innocent, before going on the track. Afterwards, the tires were much leaner and the wheels were coated in brake dust:
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-07-14, 12:02 PM   #15
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Sadly, KillerB delays mean end of August installation at best
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-20-14, 06:30 AM   #16
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

From [email protected] on Monday, my headers should be in some time this week at which point they'll ship them out for coating and we can schedule my installs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it can somehow be next Thursday. I'd love to take Thursday and Friday off The wife is slightly suspicious... I've focused on the AOS and Oil Pan/Baffle/Pickup Also decided next year, presuming I can save up for it, the Corsa exhaust. After clearing off my credit card after the last purchase, my savings account is way too low for it being only August and sadly my central air went so now I have another expense as it will have to be replaced as the system was 5 years older than me...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-22-14, 11:32 AM   #17
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Talking Re: Maz's 2013 DGM STI

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
MY HEADERS ARE IN!!!
SCHEDULED INSTALL OF ALL PARTS: Thursday 8/22
SCHEDULED TUNE: Friday 8/23
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-28-14, 06:09 AM   #18
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

TGV deletes cancelled due to time constraints.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-29-14, 02:05 PM   #19
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Update: Tune completed.
How does the car feel? Delightful.
How do I feel? Grumpy.
First, my A/F Learning is exceedingly high so I guess there is a post MAF pre-turbo leak?
Second, I couldn't find the cord to connect my AP to my laptop.
After my wife (who apparently hoards cords) managed to find an old Palm Pre cord that's USB A to Micro B, I was able intermittently connect and download the logs but apparently while tuning, the fields I log got reset (I guess for tuning purposes as I don't even know what these things are). And the A/F Ratio isn't logged, only fbk fkl a/f learning 1, etc so I'll have to get more data.

Mind you I didn't realize the A/F learning 1 issue until later but the car pulled phenomenally and drove FAR better than my prior tune with Gears 1 and 2 and 3 completely drivable. I thought I felt a slight stumble at... oddly enough... 4K RPM but I am not certain.

Last edited by MazNJ; 08-30-14 at 03:22 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-30-14, 04:09 AM   #20
MazNJ
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Just to give my feedback regarding what I can differentiate:

The new intercooler was cool to the touch after my commute home. The engine bay was likewise rather cool compared to the norm.
Spearco fitment appears superb and the hood splitter seems to mesh just fine or Prime did a fine job making it so.

Intake air temps at cruise were 10 above ambient which /IS/ cooler than the stock runs for me.
So far satisfied with AEM CAI w/splash shield.

As already mentioned, the car drives utterly beautifully absent the A/F learning 1 being shot. So I guess the pump and injectors are great. No surging. Possible stumble at 4k rpm in 1st gear but I need to test more.

My dip stick feels like it doesn't stick exactly the same which doesn't make sense to me since the pan and stuff are completely separate from the fill tube. Might just be me being silly. However, oil is also appearing on the sides of the dip stick when I check which is different so maybe there's just some oil climbing up the tube. Was filled with Motul so that may be it.

The oil pressure does read a bit higher especially after spirit driving idle so that might be a factor of the oil.

Overall very happy, just have to get this leak fixed. As we replaced the CAI, Header, Intercooler and Turbo Inlet, there's tons of culprits.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement