GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust! - Page 8 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

Old 04-18-15, 12:48 PM   #71
STIGR-Wagon-Dad
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: DGM 08 WRX STI Zenki
Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

I got my Moddiction 4" shifter extension. It feels easier to get into gear.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-15, 02:54 PM   #72
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about

I removed the moddiction shifter extension. It shifted easier, but getting in reverse was getting a little annoying. I did install the Superpro roll center kit. I noticed less bumpsteer, less nosedive, less body roll. I do need to get an alignment, though. I did notice that the front tires are now toeing out. The steering wheel has less tendency to auto center and steering feels too light. Plus the front wheels squeak a little more when I make my normal turns. It feels twitchy.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-22-15, 05:36 PM   #73
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

The twitchy, unstable feeling was bothering me so I went ahead and temporarily adjusted the steering rod ends. Feels really stable now. I didn't realize how sensitive the car is to toe adjustments.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-15, 08:49 AM   #74
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I drove my car to work this morning. It took the bumps I normally run over very well. The steering wheel stayed in place while removing the rest of the choppiness from the suspension. The curves I normally take has more grip in the front end and removed the rest of the body roll. A great mod if you are lowering the car.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-29-15, 04:56 PM   #75
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I stopped by Synapse Engineering today just to say, "hi" and to see how everyone is doing. It ended up being that and then a discussion about my car, then it ended up roughing out the edges on my tweaks to the old v1.02 Cobb stage 2. It feels more smooth and more low end torque and power up to redline. They want to tune it with the new injectors I had bought from them a couple of months ago. I do want them to tune it but also at the same time I want to get the bigger turbo installed, which I still need to buy. I'm glad they had become a Cobb Pro tuner which I have been waiting for awhile. I no longer feel the need to drive up Oceanside and above to get a protune. I'd rather support the local tuner in San Diego.

Last edited by STIGR-Wagon-Dad; 05-08-15 at 07:53 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-30-15, 02:22 PM   #76
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I stopped by the the base auto hobby shop again to install the Prothane shifter bushing kit. It was easy to remove the soft old bushings, but installing the hard polyurethane one were hard to install, especially the rear bushing. Shifting is easier, still pretty quiet like stock, but you can now hear the transmission whine. It reminds me of old Japanese cars I grew up with. I also went ahead to realign my corsa exhaust. I also noticed after the adjustments to the old cobb map, the car is a lot more quieter. Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-01-15, 08:09 AM   #77
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I like after just slight tweaks to the old cobb stage 2 v102, power comes on sooner and I get better gas mileage. Now to decide if I want the GTX3071R or the GTX3067R.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-08-15, 04:15 PM   #78
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

New JDM sunshade. Only the Japanese can market stuff like this. My youngest son approves.

Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 05-12-15, 12:40 PM   #79
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Beatrush undertray to replace my melted stock one.

Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 05-12-15, 02:39 PM   #80
BlueFlash
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Sways
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueFlash is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you manage to find this? I can only seem to find the GD one.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement