GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust! - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

Old 03-22-15, 06:44 PM   #61
STIGR-Wagon-Dad
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: DGM 08 WRX STI Zenki
Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

After going through 2 tanks of gas, I did notice a slight improvement in MPG. With the last engine oil Red line 5w30 and old map, I could avg at best 19MPG, but normally get 17-18. Now even with running thicker 5w40 and zero load comps, I avg 21-22 according to the MPG meter.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-15, 12:59 PM   #62
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about

I have adjusted the shocks stiffer than before. The ride prior to changing the endlinks felt stiff on little rough road surfaces, yet bouncey/floaty on big road humps. With the current setting with shorter endlinks and stiffer shock settings, the small bumps are well absorbed and the large road humps are firm and controlled. The ride feels sporty and compliant as opposed to just stiff and bouncy.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-23-15, 05:59 PM   #63
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIGR-Wagon-Dad View Post
I have adjusted the shocks stiffer than before. The ride prior to changing the endlinks felt stiff on little rough road surfaces, yet bouncey/floaty on big road humps. With the current setting with shorter endlinks and stiffer shock settings, the small bumps are well absorbed and the large road humps are firm and controlled. The ride feels sporty and compliant as opposed to just stiff and bouncy.
Great feedback. This might just be what's missing on my setup as well. I've been really happy with my most recent setup. I was able to finally adjust sways to allow full use of my dampening all the way to soft without the bouncing, but I still feel something is overpowering my coilovers on large road humps/dips. I may have to consider swapping to shorter endlinks. It's hard to tell right now as the coils are abnormally stiff due to the cold weather, but another month, and I should be able to determine how it feels.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-15, 10:47 AM   #64
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I ordered the shifter bushing kit from Prothane. I've had excellent results using Prothane on past projects. $23 for shifter bushings and rear shifter bushings is really cheap.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-03-15, 06:50 PM   #65
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I'm experimenting with the idea of roughing the surface of the oil dipstick end to get more consistent dipstick readings. I figure Toyota did it for my beloved 85 Corolla, it should work well for my Subaru.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-05-15, 05:28 PM   #66
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

The Syms Racing induction box is back on.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-15, 02:08 PM   #67
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I don't know why it took me so long to get a roll center kit for my Subaru. It's one of the first suspension upgrade I've done for my old AE86 projects in the past. Same thing with the brake lines, too. Cygnus Performance delivers once again, but this time I received it oh so fast. I've tried many places and I find myself coming back to Cygnus. I may need to stop wandering around and make them the "go to" place. Check out the goodies!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-15, 05:07 PM   #68
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIGR-Wagon-Dad View Post
I don't know why it took me so long to get a roll center kit for my Subaru. It's one of the first suspension upgrade I've done for my old AE86 projects in the past. Same thing with the brake lines, too. Cygnus Performance delivers once again, but this time I received it oh so fast. I've tried many places and I find myself coming back to Cygnus. I may need to stop wandering around and make them the "go to" place. Check out the goodies!

Image Link
You won't regret it!

I just got mine installed, and got an alignment today. Wow, does it ever feel good now. No more twitching! It allows for the 2015 steering rack retrofit to shine ever more. Tech who test drove the car after the alignment said my steering was extremely tight now. He loved it.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 04-17-15, 05:46 AM   #69
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

If it will do what I expect it to do i.e. reduced bumpsteer/understeer, I will be satisfied. I can't wait to put them on.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-17-15, 11:26 AM   #70
KManZ
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

KManZ will become famous soon enoughKManZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noximus View Post
You won't regret it!

I just got mine installed, and got an alignment today. Wow, does it ever feel good now. No more twitching! It allows for the 2015 steering rack retrofit to shine ever more. Tech who test drove the car after the alignment said my steering was extremely tight now. He loved it.
Yeah dude, I had the RCA installed along with the '15 rack... whole new car. Almost eliminated that annoying bumpsteer/twitch you get in corners.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement