GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust! - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

Old 02-02-15, 12:21 PM   #51
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIGR-Wagon-Dad View Post
The Kartboy endlinks are designed for stock height cars. They are too long for the ride height that I want. I've already broken the bushings and the front suspension ended up making a clunking noise. The Kartboys were great when I was stock height.
How much of a drop are you going for?

I had a 2" drop with them this summer and now a 1" drop without issues. Unless your sways are stiffer than mine which makes them unreachable?
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-15, 03:27 PM   #52
STIGR-Wagon-Dad
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: DGM 08 WRX STI Zenki
Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about

I raised it up about an inch. It was lowered about 2 inches when the bushings broke. It still has too much pre-tension. My front sways are 22mm solid bars.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-07-15, 10:01 AM   #53
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about

I have not found the time, yet, to install the endlinks. The only way I'm doing it is when I get a chance to get it on a lift. I have been pretty busy catching up with some old friends and some family time. I did, however, got the IAP stumble fix installed for preparation of a protune and billet turbo wheel upgrade.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-15, 07:47 AM   #54
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I zeroed out my load comps last night. I drove the car to work this morning and I noticed the engine rev range is alot more smooth than usual. Another thing I noticed is the I was able to get higher mpg from the last few reflash es I've done. Prior to modding the comps, my mpg meter would avg 20-21mpg. Today I was able to get 25mpg. I need to drive it more during the week to see if it maintains better gas mileage.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-14-15, 12:39 PM   #55
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Just got the front endlinks in for now. It was getting too hot in the auto hobby shop. 87 degrees in the winter time. The ride back home is a lot more smooth.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-18-15, 06:20 PM   #56
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I have been running Red Line oil for the past 15 k miles. First starting off with 10w30, another run of 10w30, and then 5w30. I had oil consumption for both oils. 10w30 did better than the 5w30. It ran a little rough with 10w30 and worse with 5w30. This time I went ahead and went 2 thickness up and I am trying the 5w40. It definitely runs smoother, and little hotter than the earlier oils. I would average 185-195degrees with Xw30. Now I run about 195-205degrees with the 5w40. I did notice on my oil pressure gauge is that I am running slightly lower oil pressure than the 5w30. I was expecting it to go higher. I'll give it another fill up on gas to see if the oil consumption has slowed down.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-21-15, 10:29 AM   #57
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I did a transmission/differential gear oil change. It was 10k miles overdue. The transmission shifts as smooth as I remember it when I did the last oil change. My transmission and diff use Amsoil severe gear 75w90. I also went ahead and swapped out the rear endlinks with the AVO Turbo adjustable endlinks. The pretension is much lower and the car handled bumps much better now. I will look into increasing the damper stiffness.
Next will be replacing my faded mudflaps with new ones from Rallytech.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-21-15, 02:42 PM   #58
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good. I never thought of pre-tension before. It makes sense, mine were pretty tight as well. Do you have a comparison shot with the Kartboys again?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-21-15, 05:43 PM   #59
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I will make a comparison photo, soon. But in the meantime, here's a pic of my kartboy. Look how far the sway bar is pushed up.

Last edited by STIGR-Wagon-Dad; 03-21-15 at 05:58 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-22-15, 09:58 AM   #60
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

The comparison between the two endlinks length.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement