GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust! - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

Old 10-11-14, 09:22 AM   #21
STIGR-Wagon-Dad
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: DGM 08 WRX STI Zenki
Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyBlueSTI View Post
I heard a stage 2 Outback on the dyno yesterday with the Corsa. It sounded great! Louder than I expected but I love rock and roll and that Outback was a rockin'.
Nice. Was it turbo or a 6cyl?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-14, 02:18 PM   #22
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about

Adam's Rotors and Corsa performance exhaust
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 10-11-14, 07:58 PM   #23
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

More on the exhaust. The exhaust does not reverberate in the neighborhood. WOT is loud but not annoyingly loud. Definitely no drone through any rpm or throttle inputs. It seems like the engine likes this exhaust over the last as it has better throttle/engine/turbo response. It has a hollow sound to it. It sounds like the rasp has a bit of reverberation and it does not sound like a weedwacker. It does not sound like your traditional subaru with EL manifold. Very unique.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-14, 12:30 PM   #24
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I put the car on the lift to adjust the e brake after the rotor and pad install. I also finally installed the Thermotec velocity exhaust jackets I had ordered a few months ago. It brought down the under hood temps and the turbo spools slightly quicker to the effect that I was hitting the rev limiter sooner than what I was used to.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-19-14, 05:29 PM   #25
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I replace the pcv, perrin turbo inlet+maf hose, and grimmspeed aos. I started to have oil in the intercooler and didn't see a reason to have remain installed. The Samco turbo inlet replaces the Perrin stuff. It started to rip from the bottom due to chaffing. The Samco had a port to plug in the cranks pcv. I wanted to plug the pcv electrical plug back on but the hose was too thick, so it remained off. It was hard to install the venair maf hose to the turbo inlet.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-01-14, 01:43 PM   #26
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I finally got off my lazy butt and installed these rear lower Cusco Power Brace I got from Rallysportdirect.com months ago. Noticeable difference in steering feel and response. I guess it alleviated some of the chassis flex in the rear.

It was easy to install. It requires cutting the plastic fuel tank protectors. A Dremel tool is needed to speed up the process. Shears would have torn up the plastic.

Last edited by STIGR-Wagon-Dad; 11-02-14 at 08:07 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-15-14, 03:07 PM   #27
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I took my car to the base auto hobby shop to try to get my caster bushings more evenly set and to get the transmission bushings and mount swapped out. What I really need to do is get an alignment done. Anyways, I swapped out the stock transmission mount with the STI Group N and AVO Turbo polyurethane transmission mount cushions. Upon removing the transmission mount, I had discovered that my mount is actually broken on both sides. I was wondering why I have been miss shifting, even with the pitch stopper installed, because it wasn't doing this before. NVH slightly increased but not to the point that it's annoying. I didn't get the gear whine everyone was reporting after they did the swap. I took it to the freeway and shifts are cleaner and solid. The car has over 60k on the odometer and I'm slowly getting some maintenance done. Next will be swapping out the stock radiator and hoses with a Koyo and Samco hoses. I'll get to installing the Mishimoto oil cooler kit with thermostat, too.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-16-14, 02:15 PM   #28
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I'm starting to enjoy more of the car after replacing the mount and bushings. It was like driving it for the first time. But this time, the shifter is doing what it's supposed to, get in gear! I might have to look into a 2015 STI steering rack swap. Twisty roads are much more fun to drive now with a lower chance of mis-shifting.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-15-14, 01:39 PM   #29
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

After trying several combinations of seat mounts, I found a combination that fits well for my height. I removed the Wedge bracket and replaced it with a newer version of Sparco bracket. It has better mounting slots to mount bigger/wider seats. Also, to make up for my height, I got a set of OMP tall side mounts. I now have a much better field of vision. Thanks to Jeff at Planted technology for helping me choose a combo that would work with me, even though my new set up didn't have any Planted stuff. I unfortunately had to removed the Planted side mounts I had, which were too low for me. Excellent customer support!

I put together my radiator upgrade. Before install, I went ahead and got the Mishimoto pnp fan shroud. It will have samco hoses and the whole assembly is ready to drop in.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-17-14, 03:22 PM   #30
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Just installed the Mishimoto thermostatic oil cooler kit. It's 65 degrees in SoCal and in traffic, coolant temps hovered around 180-183. Before they would be around 190-197.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement