GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust! - Page 24 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

Old 11-29-15, 10:35 AM   #231
STIGR-Wagon-Dad
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: DGM 08 WRX STI Zenki
Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

E85+VF48 feels like I have a big engine under the good. The spool is pretty much instantaneous. I'm liking the 9.0:1 compression pistons. This combo works well. If only someone made a quiet intake. The Cobb SF intake I had a while ago felt great but was too loud. It would have made more power and response over my stock airbox I have now. Response and boost recovery is faster now with the tune and it enhances what my Synapse Engineering DV had brought to the table.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-15, 10:48 AM   #232
AW2010SE STI
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V3
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

AW2010SE STI is an unknown quantity at this point

Your numbers seem a bit low but I could be wrong. We have relatively same mods, both running e85 but I'm putting out 330/420. What kind of dyno did you have the work done on?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-29-15, 11:02 AM   #233
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW2010SE STI View Post
Your numbers seem a bit low but I could be wrong. We have relatively same mods, both running e85 but I'm putting out 330/420. What kind of dyno did you have the work done on?
Mustang. Stock STI is 200whp on this particular dyno. I've read about Dynojet are 10-12% higher reading and it calculates to the numbers you have, and it feels more powerful than what my numbers indicate.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-15, 02:17 AM   #234
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIGR-Wagon-Dad View Post
Mustang. Stock STI is 200whp on this particular dyno. I've read about Dynojet are 10-12% higher reading and it calculates to the numbers you have, and it feels more powerful than what my numbers indicate.
At a certain point, especially since you're planning on upgrading, you're better off keeping it conservative anyways.

I've always done better not pushing smaller turbos to their limits. And just keeping things down tuned a little bit until a bigger/more efficient turbo goes in.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-03-15, 02:32 PM   #235
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

My Buddy Club rear adjustable lower control arms have arrived! This should fix the rear roll centers after lowering, camber, and endlink height. I guess the JDM cars have an auto headlight leveling adjustment built into the arms.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 12-06-15, 02:05 PM   #236
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

The rear lower arms are installed, but now the toe is out. These cars are really sensitive to toe adjustments. The rear end felt too loose.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-09-15, 07:28 AM   #237
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I'm liking the smooth running engine on AMSOIL 0W40. I was running AMSOIL 5W30 0W30 when I first bought the car. After running Mobil 0W40 5W40 (ran rough), Redline (smooth but felt some reduced response), I've liked the AMSOIL the best.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-11-15, 08:35 AM   #238
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Alignment in progress
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-11-15, 02:19 PM   #239
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

The alignment went well. The rears were out of wack, but the tech was able to dial it in to my specs.
FR camber 2 1/4
FL camber 2 1/4
Toe 1/32 in
Caster 7

RR camber 1 3/4
LR camber 1 3/4
Toe 3/16 in
The car feels stable and steering feels more responsive. I can't wait to try driving it in the mountains again.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-12-15, 06:36 AM   #240
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIGR-Wagon-Dad View Post
My Buddy Club rear adjustable lower control arms have arrived! This should fix the rear roll centers after lowering, camber, and endlink height. I guess the JDM cars have an auto headlight leveling adjustment built into the arms.Image Link
Image Link
After driving around, I noticed that the bumps I normally drive over are well dampened now. Before, the small bumps would feel like I hit a deep pothole and the ride would feel bumpy. The rear lower arms had the same effect as the roll center kit I installed up front. The rear feels planted and stable.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement