GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust! - Page 21 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

Old 11-05-15, 05:17 AM   #201
STIGR-Wagon-Dad
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: DGM 08 WRX STI Zenki
Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!

My parts came in yesterday and went ahead and installed the fuel pulse damper this morning. The short term fuel trims went more negative as expected from the previous install. The car runs more smooth but the stumble is still there, but this time instead of stumbling hard at 3000-3500 rpm and triggering a P0303 with the CEL staying on, it shifted the stumbles back down to 2600-3000 rpm triggering the CEL, but it goes on for less than half a second and then stays off. Below 4000 rpm, the short term fuel trims go negative as low as -15%. I wouldn't have thought that a damper can have such an effect on afr that much.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-15, 08:23 AM   #202
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

You have to have something funky going on with that stumble. There is no reason it should be back...

Maybe fuel pump is on it's way out?

Have you thought about new rails?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-08-15, 09:59 AM   #203
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

Fav Mod: RalliTek sway bars+ Kartboy endlinks, Synapse Engineering Diverter valve
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura aboutSTIGR-Wagon-Dad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
You have to have something funky going on with that stumble. There is no reason it should be back...

Maybe fuel pump is on it's way out?

Have you thought about new rails?
I don't think the pump is going out. It's just the typical stumbles when going 1000cc and up injectors. The harmonics in the fuel line shifted the stumbles lower than where it was. My car is a little different. It didn't stumble on the older Cobb stage 2. OTS V3.33 and up, it stumbled hard. It just needs fine tuning. It's scheduled for a retune to take advantage of the higher compression and to remove the stumble.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-15, 10:02 AM   #204
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I have this undertray sitting around. I need to get this thing installed.Don's 08 STI. STI Hatchback/Wagon or bust!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-09-15, 02:33 AM   #205
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

I know what you mean when you say your car is weird, mine was weird too... I never really even had the stumble. I guess if I had to point out a time when I had it, the car was completely stock. I ended up building the lines with the older style FPR and a damper on the return because it just seemed like a good idea lol
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-09-15, 11:24 AM   #206
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Going back on the dyno on the 16th. I'm curious to see what improvements will be with the 9.0:1 compression and forged bottom end.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-11-15, 10:18 AM   #207
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I will be experimenting with another fuel damper to see how it affects the stumble. It will be the OE damper from an older STI, but this time on the return line.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-11-15, 04:25 PM   #208
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

The quick connect to AN fittings leaked heavily. I had to resort to cutting the IAP stumble kit and installed the return side damper. It smoothed out the stumbles a little and the CEL doesn't stay on as easily. The feed side will have the Radium Engineering damper go back on, but this time with the plastic quick connects. Those have not leaked on me, yet(knock on wood).

Also, my HKS Premium Suction kit arrived today. I'm going hard turbo inlet and MAF.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-12-15, 06:05 AM   #209
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Read this and thought of your issues: (If unsolvable)

https://www.iwsti.com/forums/4202256-post316.html
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-12-15, 08:17 AM   #210
STIGR-Wagon-Dad

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
Read this and thought of your issues: (If unsolvable)

https://www.iwsti.com/forums/4202256-post316.html
I have considered the aftermarket fpr. I have one ready to go in. I thought it would go away after installing the IAP stumble kit, which it did, but not for the bigger injectors.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement