GR Hatch: '08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap 2018/19 - Page 131 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
'08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap 2018/19
'08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap 2018/19
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: '08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap 2018/19

Old 09-19-18, 08:02 PM   #1301
JeremySmith220
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Borg Warner EFR7670
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: '08 JDM Sti - Cage and Safety time

There were some delays with contractors etc plus a few other personal issues which meant that I only get the car delivered back this Sunday.

Car prepped for a buff tomorrow, I like the way it looks at this stage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 5 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-18, 12:17 PM   #1302
wrcfan21
Becoming A Contributor

Car: '08 JDM GRB STI DGM
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

wrcfan21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice! Be interesting to know if you notice a difference in body stiffness?
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-20-18, 02:22 PM   #1303
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Thats a tight fitting cage. Hard to notice in the front.

Good progress. Whats next? Just run or more development?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-18, 03:26 PM   #1304
JeremySmith220

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAG View Post
Thats a tight fitting cage. Hard to notice in the front.

Good progress. Whats next? Just run or more development?

Yes the cagebuilders philosophy is to try make as close to the bodywork as possible, makes it look invisible too!

What’s next is I’ll run the car in a few local club events, then maybe upgrade to flex fuel and e85 before the new Superlap season starts. This will involve new clutch, 1650cc injectors, flex sensor, tune, maybe EGT sensors too. Also need to tidy up the front bumper, maybe with some aluminium plates and ducting. There’s always a massive list but I really want to up my drive time this year.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-21-18, 01:09 AM   #1305
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

I have the Bosch motorsport 1650cc injectors.

The list never ends but from experience. Just spend the money driving it.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-05-18, 01:34 PM   #1306
JeremySmith220

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: '08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap 2018/19

Quick Update:

Entered the NZ Superlap season for 2018/2019 in Street Class again as my tyres from last season are still good.

Car is currently getting prepped for the season with a few new additions, these include,

APR Carbon Brake Duct plates and associated ducting from bumper including a dual duct for oil cooler
New Endless ME22 Front Brake pads
Bosch Motorsport 1650cc injectors and HV Electronics Ethanol sensor for E85 tune coming up - hoping for cooler running and a little more power, maxing out the EFR7670 to the turbo speed limit.
Fresh Motul 75W90 Gearbox Oil
New 2.4L AFFF Lifeline Fire Extinguisher
Fresh Wheel alignment most likely 3.2 front and 2.5 rear
Will have the car Corner Weighted so interested to find out after the cage went in.
Most likely stuff i have missed but keen to get back in the drivers seat. Have a test day 23rd Nov with my tuner and mechanic, then competition on 24/25th Nov.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-05-18, 03:39 PM   #1307
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Try testing a bit earlier if you can. So you can fix anything you may break in first test.

There are fire extinguisher balls too. Given your 2.4l limits you may want to add that too.

Camber will depend on how you drive but can go up to 3.5 and in some cases mid 4s.

You will be in 550whp range on e85.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-05-18, 03:58 PM   #1308
JeremySmith220

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAG View Post
Try testing a bit earlier if you can. So you can fix anything you may break in first test.

There are fire extinguisher balls too. Given your 2.4l limits you may want to add that too.

Camber will depend on how you drive but can go up to 3.5 and in some cases mid 4s.

You will be in 550whp range on e85.

Yes that would be the ideal situation, I may get the car back a week before so will only be able to street test otherwise will have to chance at the track.

I was going add a plumbed in 4L fire extinguisher later after the first round, but I’ll look into the balls, are there a certain brand that are good?

I ran 3.2 and 2.5 last season and it seemed pretty good and even tyre wear but I’ll play around with it abit more. I like the car tail happy, so like more camber in the front. I may have a play on decent semi slicks too in preparation for some circuit work later next year.

Yes will be interesting to see what it gets, turbo speed will be the limiting factor, the limit is 140k and I hit 130k regularly on 29psi on pump gas. I did hit 145k once when the wastegate had a temporary fail and that was 34.5psi. I’m not too worried about it, just hoping I don’t need a new clutch, and over 400kw atw.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-05-18, 04:03 PM   #1309
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Not sure what brand. I have 5l mechanical firebomb from Sabelt and considering a fire ball.

For low speed tracks for sure but anyyhing high speed, being tail happy will be hard to drive at anything close to limit.

I guess dyno numbers are all relative. As long as it is within potential of the package and feels nice, should be ok.
My three laps in WTAC were 30 pounds, 2.5l engine, GTX 3582 gen 2 and on race e85. 410wkw.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 11-11-18, 07:55 PM   #1310
JeremySmith220

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Progress on front bumper, next up duct holes for Racetech ducts for brakes and oil cooler and some paint or carbon wrap to match the scoop.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement