GR Hatch: '08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap 2018/19 - Page 121 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
'08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap 2018/19
'08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap 2018/19
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: '08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap 2018/19

Old 11-27-17, 04:47 PM   #1201
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of
Default Re: '08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap R1 Fastest Lap Video Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith220 View Post
Official results, 2nd Street 4WD, 4th Street King, 21st Overall, I need 5s to catch the Supra. Be interesting what my times at by the next round at this track, with some improvements I have planned, can’t wait, will have to do a track day before the next round.
Image Link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Better tires and suspension is 3 seconds min.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-17, 05:20 PM   #1202
JeremySmith220
Developing Advanced Mastery

Fav Mod: Borg Warner EFR7670
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAG View Post
Better tires and suspension is 3 seconds min.
i really hope so, will go to 265 tyres, and run lower pressures. Also better cooling means longer track time to learn the track's better and maybe a bit more power availability, looking into quite a few options in this area. Incl. move to Water/MoCool or Water wetter, a bit of ducting, possibly a reverse scoop like SJ1000, blocking off uneeded gaps in the bumper, (did this with duct tape with success in the later sessions) maybe even E85 for the cooling properties. Have a mate who has even done a dedicated turbo water cooler to take the load off the radiator with big success, but will do a few things at a time and test.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-29-17, 02:00 AM   #1203
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of

Interesting, so adding a separate cooler for turbo only plus all those but no suspension. I guess this is one way of doing it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-17, 10:20 AM   #1204
JeremySmith220

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of lightJeremySmith220 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAG View Post
Interesting, so adding a separate cooler for turbo only plus all those but no suspension. I guess this is one way of doing it.
I really do get your point however an overheating car cant use those fast coilovers, the separate cooler wont happen or E85 most likely, rest are cheap and easy.

On the coilovers MCA are the only place that does higher spring rates at the rear, which is what i want, little confusing why others don't, with the hatch it'd definitely assist with the understeer.

Last edited by JeremySmith220; 11-29-17 at 12:05 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-30-17, 04:04 PM   #1205
JeremySmith220

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I'm having a real dilemma in my mind about whether to remove the air-con (to get the air condenser out of the way for cooling) and sound system, or leave them in and put the rear interior and sub back in, quieter exhaust back on for the meantime and enjoy the subtle daily driver side of things again.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-30-17, 04:25 PM   #1206
TBAG

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
I really do get your point however an overheating car cant use those fast coilovers, the separate cooler wont happen or E85 most likely, rest are cheap and easy.

On the coilovers MCA are the only place that does higher spring rates at the rear, which is what i want, little confusing why others don't, with the hatch it'd definitely assist with the understeer.

MCA is a good option. Their quality has dropped a bit but they remain a very good manufacturer.

Keep it subtle and a street car imo.
Get better coolers and shrouding.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-04-17, 01:21 PM   #1207
JeremySmith220

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default '08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap Picture Dump

Some more pics from the event

Back to daily driver mode, quieter exhaust back on, interior in and sub back in the boot until next year. Looks a bit funny with the bumper cut up but the noise has completely disappeared.

Last edited by JeremySmith220; 12-04-17 at 01:28 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-03-18, 10:23 AM   #1208
JeremySmith220

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: '08 JDM Sti - NZ Superlap Picture Dump

So I’ve been in the Atlanta area for the last month or so and wondering if it’s worth seeing road Atlanta even if there’s no events on? I go back to NZ in a few days.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-03-18, 07:54 PM   #1209
tylerandreas

Fav Mod: Wingless
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
So I’ve been in the Atlanta area for the last month or so and wondering if it’s worth seeing road Atlanta even if there’s no events on? I go back to NZ in a few days.

Road Atlanta is one of the best tracks in America in my personal opinion. So yea, if you can get out there probably pretty cool if you could. Also, hope you're excited to go back to Summer. Because I'm ready for it to be back!

How come you're in ATL?
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-04-18, 04:24 AM   #1210
JeremySmith220

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Thanks! Yeah so cold over here! I’ll try get up there today, my wife is from Atlanta

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement