GR Sedan: Stealth-baru! IAG S2 Tuff | EFR7163 | Ohlins | HFS-3 Meth - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Stealth-baru! IAG S2 Tuff | EFR7163 | Ohlins | HFS-3 Meth
Stealth-baru! IAG S2 Tuff | EFR7163 | Ohlins | HFS-3 Meth
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: Stealth-baru! IAG S2 Tuff | EFR7163 | Ohlins | HFS-3 Meth

Old 02-21-14, 11:22 AM   #21
Dspin_1080
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Carless
Fav Mod: Would rather answer a quantum physics question...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dspin_1080 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: Tire/Suspension Upgrades this spring

Out of those options.. and given your current mods.. and target budget

I'd say a quality Coilover with a good range of adjustment

I just PM'ed a friend with better knowledge than I ... most lightly will chime in soon to drop is 2 cents
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-14, 11:30 AM   #22
sti_mtl
Donating Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: Tire/Suspension Upgrades this spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dspin_1080 View Post
Out of those options.. and given your current mods.. and target budget

I'd say a quality Coilover with a good range of adjustment

I just PM'ed a friend with better knowledge than I ... most lightly will chime in soon to drop is 2 cents
Ty sir!

So you think a coilover with stock suspension will do the trick?

Will this whole meaty tire adventure end up sacrificing handling/performance? A few people have told me to just stick with stock tire size, saying that the car was designed for that tire size and to not mess with it. Don;t want it to just look purdy
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-21-14, 12:18 PM   #23
Dspin_1080
Advanced Mastery Level IV

Car: Carless
Fav Mod: Would rather answer a quantum physics question...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dspin_1080 is on a distinguished road

Spring/Strut/Coilover FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying them! - NASIOC

Enjoy Alex
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-14, 12:38 PM   #24
sti_mtl
Donating Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dspin_1080 View Post
Thnx Marc,

Have checked that out already; still leaves me with the same questions lol.
It seems as thought there is no real way to go about this without sacrificing performance, which only further confuses me, as pretty much every setup seems to be running 255 and over tire widths.

Last edited by sti_mtl; 02-21-14 at 12:44 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-25-14, 08:00 AM   #25
sti_mtl
Donating Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Glorious morning so far!

SMY stuff arrived this morning, specifically the DAMD d-shaped steering wheel and the Push start/keyless entry kit.

Pleasantly surprised with the smallness of the remote start/keyless entry card. Seemed bigger in the photos. Its really small

Also happy with the DAMD wheel, didn't think there were finger grooves on the back. There are! Even has that new car smell!

Last edited by sti_mtl; 02-25-14 at 11:01 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-25-14, 08:05 AM   #26
sti_mtl
Donating Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Still have more research to do, but stumbled across this, which has made me rethink my whole suspension upgrades/budget this spring.
If this can stand the test of time vs Montreal winters, and deliver performance wise/improve suspension, I just don't know if I can resist. The adjustable control is too sweet to be ignored. I wonder how it compares to coilovers; if this is not reliable or sacrifices performance I will pretend I never saw it. Definitely more reading to do on the subject. If anyone has any opinion on this don't be shy:

Air Lift Performance Air Suspension Digital Combo Kit Subaru STI 2008-2014 95754 at RallySportDirect.com

Last edited by sti_mtl; 02-25-14 at 08:32 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-25-14, 08:26 AM   #27
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti_mtl View Post
glorious morning so far!

Smy stuff arrived this morning, specifically the damd d-shaped steering wheel and the push start/keyless entry kit.

image link

image link

pleasantly surprised with the smallness of the remote start/keyless entry card. Seemed bigger in the photos. Its really small :d

image link

also happy with the damd wheel, didn't think there were finger grooves on the back. There are :d even has that new car smell!

image link
jealousss!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-25-14, 08:28 AM   #28
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti_mtl View Post
Still have more research to do, but stumbled across this, which has made me rethink my whole suspension upgrades/budget this spring.
If this can stand the test of time vs Montreal winters, and deliver performance wise/improve suspension, I just don't know if I can resist. The adjustable control is too sweet to be ignored. I wonder how it compares to coilovers; if this is not reliable or sacrifices performance I will pretend I never saw it. Definitely more reading to do on the subject. If anyone has any opinion on this don't be shy:

Air Lift Performance Air Suspension Digital Combo Kit Subaru STI 2008-2014 95754 at RallySportDirect.com

Image Link
i am very curious about this too. The adjustability would definitely make this very ideal for our winters, as I do a lot of winter driving and would love to lift the car for winter months, and then lower it nicely when heading to meets or for the odd track day setting it up for max performance. Curious how well it would perform compared to decent set of coils.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-25-14, 08:29 AM   #29
gratefullife
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

gratefullife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: New goodies!

If be really interested to hear your findings on that site ride system. It's an interesting alternative.

Speaking of the system - SOLD!!!Airlift performance with V2 management, stealth set up

Auto corrected from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk2.

Last edited by gratefullife; 02-25-14 at 08:32 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-25-14, 08:43 AM   #30
sti_mtl
Donating Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: New goodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefullife View Post
If be really interested to hear your findings on that site ride system. It's an interesting alternative.

Speaking of the system - FS (USA,SC): Airlift performance with V2 management, stealth set up - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Auto corrected from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk2.
Nice.

If the kit had more than a 1 year manufacturers warranty I make that guy an offer.

If my research proves that the kit is the real deal, would rather buy it new and not take any chances, dude lives too far away for me to chase him down if something is busted.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement