GR Sedan: Stealth-baru! IAG S2 Tuff | EFR7163 | Ohlins | HFS-3 Meth - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Stealth-baru! IAG S2 Tuff | EFR7163 | Ohlins | HFS-3 Meth
Stealth-baru! IAG S2 Tuff | EFR7163 | Ohlins | HFS-3 Meth
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: Stealth-baru! IAG S2 Tuff | EFR7163 | Ohlins | HFS-3 Meth

Old 02-19-14, 05:34 PM   #11
sti_mtl
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: efr 7163
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeu$ View Post
Nice car!

The wingless looks awesome, I think it really gives these cars a slick look.
Ty sir

And yea wingless is the way to go, especially to stay under the radar from the police (almost lost my license a couple years back), who are quite zealous when it comes to speeding violations around montreal.

Without the wing, i am just another black sedan
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-14, 07:39 PM   #12
S1monQc
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: EWG
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S1monQc has a spectacular aura aboutS1monQc has a spectacular aura about

Almost 18 months of ownership and still no tickets on my record

And that's with my big wing

Nice numbers on the dyno!

And welcome to the IWSTI community.

We need to organize a little meeting for the IWSTI members in the Montreal area
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-19-14, 09:11 PM   #13
gkit19986
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

gkit19986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Def like the wingless look. May have to try it this summer
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-14, 05:57 AM   #14
sti_mtl
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

sti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the roughsti_mtl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1monQc View Post
Almost 18 months of ownership and still no tickets on my record

And that's with my big wing

Nice numbers on the dyno!

And welcome to the IWSTI community.

We need to organize a little meeting for the IWSTI members in the Montreal area
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkit19986 View Post
Def like the wingless look. May have to try it this summer
After buying the plain trunk lid I sold the lid with the wing on it, and I often find myself missing it, pretty much every time another sti drives by lol. I stand by the decision to go wingless; the low profile is necessary for me. The wing, however, did turn heads. When I got the car, the guys at the dealership thought I was mentally ill to remove it.

And I agree Simon, a meet around mtl would be awesome. There has gotta already be some kinda meet going down around here, there are just too many wrx/sti's around for there not to be. Oh, and I don't know how you have managed to get no tickets here. Seriously. Especially driving the STI. Lucky as hell or voodoo magic?

Last edited by sti_mtl; 02-20-14 at 06:25 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-20-14, 06:22 AM   #15
sti_mtl
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Some of my new stuff arrived; Xmas in Feb

Ordered the steering rack bushings from tougetuning, and received the wrong item (ordered KSR207, but received KSR 202 )

Last edited by sti_mtl; 02-20-14 at 07:37 AM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 02-20-14, 06:28 AM   #16
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about

Welcome fellow montrealer! looks like quite the parts list you have there nice progress, I will be following this

I agree that a Montreal meet is necessary! I go to 1-2 car meets most weeks in the summer, they are all types of modified cars there usually. However, I do thursday motorcycle meets at the julep, and last tummer I saw about 5-7 subies meeting there at the same time....but now I can't very well show up to my bike meet with my car :P we will have to arrange something though! It is always nice to put faces to the people on the forums, especially when they are local to you
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 02-20-14, 06:50 AM   #17
sti_mtl
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboytaktix View Post
Welcome fellow montrealer! looks like quite the parts list you have there nice progress, I will be following this

I agree that a Montreal meet is necessary! I go to 1-2 car meets most weeks in the summer, they are all types of modified cars there usually. However, I do thursday motorcycle meets at the julep, and last tummer I saw about 5-7 subies meeting there at the same time....but now I can't very well show up to my bike meet with my car :P we will have to arrange something though! It is always nice to put faces to the people on the forums, especially when they are local to you
Most definitely.

Oh and how is the Julep police situation anyway? I've heard tons of stories about how they wait around the corner to bust people; was led to believe showing up at the Julep for car meets was like asking to be harassed by the cops about your ride.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-20-14, 06:58 AM   #18
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti_mtl View Post
Most definitely.

Oh and how is the Julep police situation anyway? I've heard tons of stories about how they wait around the corner to bust people; was led to believe showing up at the Julep for car meets was like asking to be harassed by the cops about your ride.
naw man never been harassed on my bike or car yet (knock on wood). I see people ripping out on their bikes super quick, and sometimes in their car, so yeah, theyre going to get some unwanted attention from cops. But the cop won't pull you over for nothing, they dont have time for that when they are racing after the douchebags who dont give a damn and go twice the limit and squeal their tires leaving julep to look cool :P
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-20-14, 07:29 AM   #19
Dspin_1080
Advanced Mastery Level IV

Car: Carless
Fav Mod: Would rather answer a quantum physics question...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dspin_1080 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti_mtl View Post
For sure bro, hopefully ill run into you at lachute sometime, ill be up there in a week or 2 to get my new mods installed. My girl will be having our first baby early march so that might put a delay on my plans, but ill give u a shout when ill be around there.

Pm me a few days prior to when the time comes around for that Lachute day of yours

Congratulations on your first born... Exciting times I'm sure
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-21-14, 10:08 AM   #20
sti_mtl
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

So the time is rapidly approaching for me to buy new summers. The Dunlops are finally done and I am excited to get something new. Leaning towards Potenza RE-11a.

I like the meaty tire look, and would want to go to either:

265/35-18 (will need new rims, stock 8.5 will not do according to my research)

or

255/40-18 (can keep stock rims, according to my research, correct me if I am wrong)

I do not want to roll fenders, and want to avoid camber as much as possible.

Was looking at doing some suspension upgrades at the same time (stock right now), so that's on the table.

My budget between tires, suspension upgrades, and possibly rims I would prefer stay south of $3-4K. The less the better; new baby arrival imminent!

The question is, what should I be doing to best insure that these meaty tires/my car perform their best (while still keeping my car a DD)? Specific suspension upgrades? Spacers? Coilovers?
Have read quite a bit on the subject, but the whole tire fitment thing still seems like a lot of voodoo.

Is it even possible to keep performance the same/better while going for the meaty tire look Let me hear your thoughts plz

Going for this look:

and Not the the sunken wheel/tire about to rape fender look(too many potholes where I live):

Last edited by sti_mtl; 02-21-14 at 10:22 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement