GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis - Page 24 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis

Old 01-11-17, 05:39 AM   #231
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: MSI x Ron Davis x KillerB x IAG x ARC x Recaro x Varis - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Wow :-O
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-17, 06:27 AM   #232
Chris05STi
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 35 reviews

Fav Mod: Every single one!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Chris05STi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MSI x Ron Davis x KillerB x IAG x ARC x Recaro x Varis - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Ahhh Titanium dress up bolts for the engine bay!! Very nice!! Let me know what you got in that order. Back in the day I got the BallerBolts in Titanium but he is out of business now.
2002 Midnight Black Pearl Subaru WRX
1986 Black Chevy Camaro

On Order:
My Journal
JDM Ballers Club Member #6
642WHP on e85, 484WHP& 408WTQ on pump (Conservative Tunes)
Tuned at EFI Logics
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-23-17, 08:08 PM   #233
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris05STi View Post
Ahhh Titanium dress up bolts for the engine bay!! Very nice!! Let me know what you got in that order. Back in the day I got the BallerBolts in Titanium but he is out of business now.
Hey Chris, perfect timing with your question because the below update will be addressing everything in detail

Also, wanted to share with you all a milestone that we've achieved...50k views on my journal!! Thank-you all for your continuous interest in my long journey with Gabby. I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to share with you all my pride and joy and the passion that goes into it...you all keep me pushing the boundary and I want to say thank-you.
Another special thank-you goes to one of my best friend's Quincy. This particular update could not have been possible if it weren't for his referral, and being a key player in where my build is today, and who I am as a person today. You always inspire me to be driven and determined and a better person...so thank-you Q.

Hey everyone, it's time for an update!

This particular update takes place at the end of October, and is in regards to sprucing up the engine bay (as seen in the last teaser picture). I really want my engine bay to POP and showcase some attention-to-details that Gabby features. In my opinion, one of the best and most overlooked areas to achieve this is by hooking your engine up with some Titanium hardware.

Let me tell you, replacing your boring stock nuts and bolts with Titanium ones not only gets people's attention when they see it, but makes everything else in your engine bay stand out even more!

I decided to take the step to address this area and got in touch with [email protected] for his Titanium hardware. There are a lot of players in the market of Titanium Hardware, and I'll admit, I did consider a few different companies before ultimately deciding to go with Rick, and here's why:

- Rick's Titanium Hardware is burnt in the U.S. as opposed to being pre-burnt overseas.
- Proper fitting hardware (nothing generic/one-size fits all).
- Available with washers to really make the titanium hardware pop.
- The most different burn variations available (Burnt Green, 24K Gold).
- He came highly recommended by a couple of my friends with magazine-build show-cars.
- His business is forward thinking (Proof Cards of Authenticity).
- He returned my emails in a prompt manner showing that he wanted my business.
- Genuine guy who has similar interests as me (Attention-to-detail, rare parts, relationship building).

So after getting in touch with Rick, I placed the order to purchase the entire engine bay hardware kit, and waited patiently for everything. I believe my STi is the first STi in the world to sport Rick's complete engine bay titanium hardware kit...so I'm humbled to have this opportunity to showcase to you all Rick's work!

Here's a picture of my engine bay, where all of the red circles will be getting the WestCoastFasteners treatment:

The parts arrived, and I quickly opened to see what was inside. They look UNBELIEVABLE!

I'm so happy with the job that Rick did! Please enjoy the array of pictures:

***Please note that the last picture of each category will be where the WestCoastFasteners part will go for your reference. All of these will be installed by Touge Tuning when Gabby comes out of storage.

Strut Tower Nuts w/ Washers:

ARC TMIC Support Bolts w/ Washers

ARC TMIC Bracket Bolts w/ Washers

ARC TMIC Face Plate Bolts

ARC TMIC Support Bolts w/ Washers (Silver Metal Bracket)

Stock BPV

Turbo Heat Shield

Power Steering Clear Reservoir

Power Steering Touching Passenger Body of Passenger Fender

Black Bracket on Passenger Strut Tower

Moroso Coolant Expansion Tank

Ground Bolt near Moroso Expansion Tank

Radiators Stays

Fender Bolts

Special thank-you goes to [email protected] for the opportunity to purchase such amazing hardware. I'm super stoked to have my engine bay pop, and join your crew of clients with 1st Place Trophies who sport your hardware!

Be sure to check out West Coast Fasteners at the following links:

West Coast Fasteners Website
West Coast Fasteners Facebook Page
West Coast Fasteners Instagram

Thank you all for stopping by! I can't wait for Touge Tuning to install all of these for me

Enjoy a teaser picture of some upcoming parts, which I know Gabby will enjoy:

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 02-01-18 at 03:34 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-17, 04:20 AM   #234
Chris05STi
Platinum Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Nice! I did the same with Baller Bolts when they were in business. My bugeye could use some freshening up! Did he mark each package to where each bolt/washer set goes to? How did he determine what you needed? Also, roughly how much was it if you don't mind me asking.
1986 Black Chevy Camaro

On Order:
My Journal
Tuned at EFI Logics
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 02-06-17, 04:11 AM   #235
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris05STi View Post
Nice! I did the same with Baller Bolts when they were in business. My bugeye could use some freshening up! Did he mark each package to where each bolt/washer set goes to? How did he determine what you needed? Also, roughly how much was it if you don't mind me asking.

Hey Chris, yes, each package is marked for where it is supposed to go...I don't think I would've figured it out otherwise

I had a friend identify everything I needed, he took measurements of everything, and then I presented the findings to [email protected], and asked him to make it happen

For everything, you'd be looking somewhere in the $300USD+ range...best thing to do is get in touch with Rick for what you need. Keep in mind though that I also got those purple washers too, which brought the cost up quite a bit.

Hey everyone, hope you all enjoyed the Super Bowl; it's time for an update!

This update takes place at the beginning of November. Judging by the teaser picture from the last post, you know I got something from Grimmspeed and Radium Engineering...the question is, what parts from these companies did I get?

Well I want to complete the rest of my Engine Performance Parts and get Gabby at a Stage 2+ level, so I decided to pick up a couple of parts from [email protected] Tuning. The parts that I purchased include the following:
  1. Grimmspeed Black Ceramic Coated Up-Pipe
  2. Radium Engineering Fuel Pressure Regulator

Now I know what some of you might be thinking... "Why didn't you go the EWG route?"
The reason has to do a lot with the sound. Actually the reason why I bought the car was because of the sound.
Back in 2012 before I bought the Subaru STi, I was driving to school and heading to the parking garage. As I entered, I heard this really loud sounding car, 4 levels down from the main level (yes, it was that loud).

At that time, I had no clue about Subarus...my goal was to get a brand new E92 M3 the day I graduated. When I reached the bottom level, the love to soon have an E92 M3 quickly disappeared when I saw my now best friend Carl's Subaru STi hatchback (White Varis STi from Wheelsco featured many times in my journal).

I didn't know Carl at the time, so I did what every normal car guy would do...I parked my car nearby and walked right up to his window and chatted with him. He told me about performance parts that I'd never heard of (headers, catbacks, all that kind of stuff). But he did tell me his exhaust setup which I paid very close attention to. Carl's STi has the following exhaust components:
  1. Greddy SE Spectrum Elite Catback...I have this.
  2. Cobb Catted Downpipe...I have this.
  3. Perrin Equal Length Headers...I have the Killer B Equal Length Headers.
  4. Perrin Up-Pipe (No EWG)...I have Grimmspeed Coated Up-Pipe (No EWG).

To put it very simply, that day I heard Carl's car and met him, was the day I knew I was buying a Subaru STi!!

Now I've been in Carl's car, heard Carl's car drive by, and driven his car several times. I truly believe that the above combo yields the BEST sounding exhaust for our cars possible! This is entirely why I've tried to follow having an almost identical exhaust setup as him.

Just for fun, enjoy this throwback from early 2013 of Carl's car and my old Jetta at the car wash in the winter:

To get back on track with this post, the reason why I didn't go EWG is because I felt that getting an Up-pipe with the EWG option would overpower the best sounding exhaust, and ruin the sound.

A lot of my decisions with modifications is to not leave power on the table, which is why I went with the best of the best components, and even deciding over parts like (APS Hard Turbo Inlet vs. the competition Silicone Turbo Inlet). The EWG will be the only component that I decide to leave power on the table...so please spare the pitchforks this one time

When I arrived at Touge Tuning, I sat down in Mike's office, and explained to him the above 2 parts that I wanted. I'm sure you all can agree that it's such an exciting feeling hearing, "We have these in-stock." I love leaving Touge Tuning with parts...it's like Christmas every time I get home from Touge Tuning.

Please enjoy the pictures:

Props go to Grimmspeed for producing such an amazing quality Up-Pipe. The welds are unreal, and the finish of the Ceramic Coating is impeccable...I know it's going to hold up very well, even with the little amount of driving Gabby gets

Props also goes to Radium Engineering for continuously releasing innovative parts that impress everyone in the aftermarket community! Seriously, I've never seen a nicer FPR than this! Glad to have finally purchased a part from your company; Gabby will really enjoy this!

Finally, a special thank-you goes to Touge Tuning for being my go-to performance shop for all of Gabby's needs. You guys always deliver an inimitable customer experience, which is why you guys will always be at the forefront of the few shops that Gabby and I visit.

Be sure to check out Touge Tuning at the following links for your performance needs:

Touge Tuning Website
Touge Tuning Facebook Page
Touge Tuning Instagram
Touge Tuning Youtube Channel

Thanks for stopping by, and I will leave you all with a teaser for next post...this purchase was inspired by Marc's LP700R...enjoy:

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 02-01-18 at 04:16 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 02-06-17, 04:41 AM   #236
Chris05STi
Platinum Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

I have the Full-Race twin scroll header and up-pipe with twin EWGs. That is JUST INSANE. Doesn't take the sound away, it sounds more like the exotic JDM STi you would see over in Japan. It is sick, check Full-Race out! Other than that, KillerB is really good for a header/up-pipe config. If Full-Race to me wasn't an option, I would go with KillerB.
1986 Black Chevy Camaro

On Order:
My Journal
Tuned at EFI Logics
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-06-17, 04:41 AM   #237
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

That FPR is <3
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-13-17, 05:49 PM   #238
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Hey everyone, I got another update to share.

This update takes place towards the end of November. This particular update will be a bit shorter, but is one that is pretty unique.

Let me first start off with a non-car part that I purchased, which I thought would be a MUST-SHARE with you all.

As many of you know, I love collecting rare JDM parts/memorabilia. You have seen me post my Top Secret Japan 2001 Jacket, but this one in particular is pretty cool... ARC Parts Catalogue.

I saw on a special ARC Facebook group the owner of Origin Fabrication, Mark, post up the ARC Great Masters Choice Vol.1 Catalogue. The collectors were going crazy over this, and I knew I had to have it. Mark helped me out on the price due to a previous communication error, which was very kind of him, as there were multiple higher offers. Glad to have gotten the opportunity to purchase a collector's item that this Catalogue is.

Enjoy the pictures:

Now onto the teaser picture...way back when on Marc's LP700R journal, I vividly remember Marc purchased something super unique, that most, if not all of us had never heard of...Tommi Makinen GroupN Short Throw Shift Linkage System (35010ZR010).

I knew when I saw that post, I had to have it, and really complete my Drivetrain modifications. I actually lost track about this part for quite some time, and only really remembered about it when I was perusing through Marc's journal in November.

A special thank-you goes to Marc for being one of the inspirations for my build. Marc always looked to push the boundaries for this platform, and this is one of the many parts that was influenced by his LP700R build. In case you've never seen Marc's car, here's a picture of it and the link to his journal:

Marc's IWSTI LP700R Journal

I decided to purchase this part through JapanParts as they had it in stock, ready to go. I'm sure we can all agree that JapanParts is nothing short of awesome, I just love dealing with them. Even though this was my first purchase from them, I've interacted with [email protected] countless times over email to inquire about some rare JDM parts lol...but I'm glad to finally be a client and I know I will definitely be buying more from them in the future.

Please find my formal review for Japan Parts:

Quality: 10/10 ... This Tommi Makinen GroupN Short Throw Shift Linkage System (35010ZR010) is noticeably sturdier than the OEM piece. Here's a photo comparison of the OEM Shift Linkage System vs. the Tommi Makinen GroupN version:
**Photo borrowed from JPNBUY (Top Shelf Japan Parts).

Turnaround: 5/5 ... This part arrived I believe 1 week after I placed the order. I don't think I've ever received a part from Japan that fast. This goes to show that JapanParts was very quick to ensure that once the part was purchased, it was ready to go out for shipping ASAP.

Communication: 10/10 ... Yuki as previously mentioned has been wonderful to interact with. All of my questions were answered promptly given the time differences. Yuki explained what the part was, and ensured that I was getting the best service possible, and that they were doing everything they could to satisfy my inquiry.

Shipping/Packaging: 5/5 ... This part was very well packaged from Subaru. There was tons of protective packaging to ensure that my part was not damaged...plus, who doesn't like reading Japanese newspapers

Overall Experience: 10/10 ... I'm more than happy with my Japan Parts purchase experience. They always deliver exceptional customer service to ensure that all consumers and clients have their needs met. I don't think my experience could have any better...great job Japan Parts!

Now for the pictures! Enjoy:

Be sure to check out Japan Parts at the following links:

Japan Parts Website
Japan Parts Facebook Page

Thank-you all for stopping by! Before I leave, I'm going to conclude with 2 things:

1) A couple years ago, one of my best friends and fellow IWSTI member: "canadianwrxsti," Quincy, visited the Subaru headquarters in Japan. While there, he got a private tour of the secret museum that houses some of the most famous Subarus of all time. Many of us are very familiar with the S206 Nurburgring 24hr. Challenge STi...mainly because of that front bumper. I'd like to share with you all a picture that I drool over on a daily basis:

More pictures of this car will be posted in the next update...again thank-you to Quincy for capturing this beautiful car in person, and making me aware of this back in 2015, as I hadn't heard of it at the time.

2) Enjoy this teaser picture of what's to come for Gabby:

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 02-01-18 at 04:31 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 02-15-17, 02:17 PM   #239
blurred
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: GTX2867R
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

blurred will become famous soon enough

Nice Alex, I haven't seen your build thread before!

a few small things.

1: You can plumb the EWG back into the exhaust further down so you don't leave much/any power on the table and don't get the ugly howl. Also, if you use the company23 ebcs you wont get the stupid helicopter sound
2: Send back the DW fuel pump and get something else, its not a part I would put on your car considering your attention to detail.
3: are those push pins or bolts holding on your air inlet scoop? Those could use some titanium as well if they are threaded as well as the headlight bolts Love the ti, i'm going to look into that
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 02-21-17, 04:10 AM   #240
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurred View Post
Nice Alex, I haven't seen your build thread before!

a few small things.

1: You can plumb the EWG back into the exhaust further down so you don't leave much/any power on the table and don't get the ugly howl. Also, if you use the company23 ebcs you wont get the stupid helicopter sound
2: Send back the DW fuel pump and get something else, its not a part I would put on your car considering your attention to detail.
3: are those push pins or bolts holding on your air inlet scoop? Those could use some titanium as well if they are threaded as well as the headlight bolts Love the ti, i'm going to look into that
Hey Jason,

I'm just going to stick with non-EWG.

Thinking of maybe doing some Radium Fueling options lol.

Air Inlet Scoop will be gone. And apparently the headlight bolts are very special...I remember my buddy saying something about them having "shoulders" on them, which hold the headlights in place...so I'll just retain those.
Ya definitely look into them Jason; it's a great way to spruce up the engine bay.

It's update time people, and this is a big one!

Let's first start with the S206 Nurburgring 24hr. Challenge STi that Quincy visited in Japan. This car is definitely an eye-opener to all of us. It is probably one of the best-looking STi's that I've ever seen. I love everything about the look of this car: the fenders, the hood, the rear bumper, and most importantly, the front bumper with integrated Carbon Fiber Brake Ducts and Carbon Fiber IPF Fog Light Surrounds. Here's a picture for your reference of what it looks like:

As you know I have those same rare and discontinued IPF Version 1 Fog Lights, but unfortunately, I would lose them if I bought the carbon brake ducts from APR. It would be really nice to purchase this bumper setup. So I called Subaru Japan, and out of the dealerships that could speak English, I was advised that it was a one-off part created by Subaru's racing team, and that they are not available for sale. I even tried emailing APR to see if they were interested in making it...they said they weren't interested, as the cost would be too great to profit from. Oh well, I guess I'll just continue to drool over this bumper.

Please enjoy the pictures of Quincy's visit to the special Subaru Museum:

Alright moving forward, the major part of this update has to do with the BIG purchase that I made at Touge Tuning...I'm the proud owner of a Willall Block!!! ... KIDDING
Bad joke, I know, but mark my words that one day, you will see me post about buying the Willall Block!

So the big purchase has to do with the last teaser picture in the previous post. I'm sure you all are tired of seeing me post buying parts and not installing them...don't worry, I am too. I can't wait until Gabby comes out to play this summer with all of these parts that I've accumulated over the past couple of years. So to finish up all of the engine performance parts for Gabby and get Gabby prepped for her Stage 2+ setup, I decided to stop by Touge Tuning and order everything else that is needed for this setup to run optimally.

Here's the list of what I purchased:
  1. Deatschwerks 65c Fuel Pump
  2. Injector Dynamics1000cc Fuel Injectors w/ Pigtails
  3. Radium Fuel Pressure Regulator Gauge
  4. PTP Turbo Blanket for Stock Turbo Subarus
  5. Grimmspeed Turbo Heat Shield Ceramic Coated Black
  6. Killer B Motorsport High Capacity Performance Racing Oil Pan
  7. Killer B Motorsport Oil Baffle Windage Tray
  8. Killer B Motorsport Ultimate Oil Pickup

When I visited Touge Tuning, I experienced that same exciting feeling described a couple posts ago when I heard Mike say, "We have these in-stock." They had all of these parts in stock, and I left very happy as always.

Enjoy the pictures:

Now something to share with you all; when I purchased the Killer B "trio," the baffle wasn't packed in the box with the other two.

I notified [email protected] of this and he promptly got in touch with [email protected] of this and within a day the situation was resolved...no questions asked. I received the Killer B Baffle a couple days later, Killer B paid for shipping as well, which was much appreciated.

I think this situation goes to show how awesome both Touge Tuning and Killer B are. On one side, it goes to show that Touge Tuning wants their clients such as myself to have the best experience possible, and that was conveyed to me by their prompt action in finding a solution to resolve the problem. I say this every time and I truly mean it... thank-you [email protected] for ALWAYS striving to deliver the best-in-class, inimitable service. From getting to know you over the years, I know you focus on consistency, whether that's having consistent lap times at the track or consistently delivering the best service to ensure that you guys are the #1 Subaru shop in Canada!
On the other side, it goes to show that Killer B too aims to deliver that same pinnacle service to keep clients happy. Mistakes do happen...we are all human. What I like about Killer B is that they apologized for the incident, and sent a baffle expedited to my house. Thank-you to the Killer B team for ensuring a Win-Win situation for all of us. I'm so happy to support a company that makes cutting-edge parts for our cars, and continues to innovate and improve on existing designs. My Killer B headers and this oil system are a work of art, and I'm so excited to have them installed on Gabby.

Enjoy the pictures of the baffle:

Be sure to check out Touge Tuning at the following links:

Touge Tuning Website
Touge Tuning Facebook Page
Touge Tuning Instagram
Touge Tuning Youtube Channel

I'm going to conclude by making this update more epic:

All I'm going to say is that there is a reason why I got this spare front bumper, and have been driving around this year with no fog lights...remember these pictures from previous posts:

Commence brainstorming people Thank-you all for stopping by.

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 02-01-18 at 05:07 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement