GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis - Page 20 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis

Old 04-14-16, 12:21 AM   #191
stidoug
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: stormtrooper
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

stidoug will become famous soon enough
Default Re: APS x KillerB x IAG x DAMD x Recaro x Varis x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Were you happy with the Damd steering wheel bud, l thought it was a great mod when I fitted mine
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-16, 10:15 AM   #192
belaud
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: Dump Pipe
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

belaud is on a distinguished road
Default Re: APS x KillerB x IAG x DAMD x Recaro x Varis x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Lol that cusco teaser -_-
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-02-16, 02:14 PM   #193
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by stidoug View Post
Were you happy with the Damd steering wheel bud, l thought it was a great mod when I fitted mine
Oh I absolutely love the wheel Doug! In my books, it is a Must-Have, and I even regret not getting it sooner, especially since you touch the wheel every time you drive!

Hey everyone, I've got another update for you all

Ok so this is where things start to get very interesting for this build, and I'm very excited on how this, along with many of its other supportive parts will help transform the way this car drives and handles...wait, did I just give it away So lets see more about what I'm talking about by starting off with that teaser picture from the last update.

It was a picture of some Cusco instructions, hmmm I wonder for what part?

I'm proud to say it's the Cusco Front Member Power Brace (CUS 692 492 FM) !!!
I am currently in the process of buying more chassis braces for my car, and this was a great first addition to get the ball rolling on this plan. I ultimately want this car to be as aggressive of a ride as possible (especially since I hardly drive it), and I want to be able to have a much more connected feel to driving it, which is also part of the reason why I upgraded all of the drivetrain first before adding power. In my mind, this will help me learn the car and its maximums/extremities as much as I can with the stock power.

I purchased this brace back in February from my friend Brian (IWSTI member "belaud"), who was selling it as it wasn't compatible with his FMIC. The bonus was that it was only "used" to test-fit and see if it could fit, but unfortunately did not. This brace according to RallySportDirect "Will stiffen the front area of the vehicle chassis during hard cornering." I'm very excited for what this brace will do for my car and how turn-in will be improved!
On a side-note, Brian's car is definitely one of my favorite STi builds of all time, and in case you may not remember what car he drives, here it is...the Eggplant-Colored Varis GV STi known as the "Pooparu"

To see more of Brian's car, be sure to check out his journal here:
belaud's IWSTI Journal

Be sure to give Brian a follow on Instagram:
Brian's Instagram

Here's my review for Brian regarding this brace:

Quality: 8/10 ... There is a tiny bit of blue paint that may have been chipped off during the test-fit process, or even during the painting process, but other than that, it's perfect!

Shipping/Packaging: 5/5 ... Brian shipped the product in its original Cusco plastic packaging, and shipping was quick, as Brian is also located in Canada.

Overall Experience: 10/10 ... Just wanted to give a special thank-you to Brian for selling this brace to me! I was very excited to purchase this from him, and I'm super pleased with how the overall transaction went. He kept me in the loop constantly and I felt very comfortable buying from him.

Enjoy the pictures:

Let's take a minor break from braces; I bought something back in February that will really help maximize the amount of airflow that goes into the engine... TGV Deletes !! At the time, I had to decide between the beautiful IAG Billet TGV Deletes and Composite ones made by Zerolift. IAG makes a fantastic TGV delete kit, but for my build I decided to go with the Zerolift Composite ones given the fact that they are made of FRP, which will arguably better act as a "Thermal barrier between the Intake Manifold and Cylinder head to assist in keeping IATs low," as mentioned on Zerolift's website.

I purchased this from my friends over at Touge Tuning, and as always, they are a real pleasure to deal with! They had these available in stock, which bypassed the ordering and waiting process! Feel free to check them out at these links:

Touge Tuning Website
Touge Tuning Facebook Page
Touge Tuning Instagram
Touge Tuning Youtube Channel

Enjoy the pictures of the Zerolift Composite TGV Deletes:

Why don't we conclude this post by going back to the topic of braces. So there is a particular brace that I have been longing to get, but unfortunately was sold out everywhere. I literally called almost every shop in Canada and the United States to see if they had this brace available, yet no one did. I ended up contacting a company located in Portland, Oregon called Rallitek to see if they had this brace in stock, as I remember seeing them a couple years ago list it on Amazon.com. So I decided to try my luck seeing as again that was two years ago. They didn't have it at the front of the office area, so they decided to look hard in the back warehouse for me. I get a Facebook message shortly after the phone call from the guys at Rallitek showing a picture of the brace in stock and ready to be shipped out! Immediately, I told them get it ready for packaging because I'm ready to buy it!
To further build the suspense, this brace is currently one of the most difficult to get braces to get a hold of, and it is to my knowledge that I purchased the last available brand new one at that point in time back in February, as it may have been discontinued from future production!
So are you curious and anxious to find out which brace it is? Let me just say that this brace is the most updated version of its type, and will really help tighten up the car, especially the rear-end. Did that give it away?

GTSPEC Rear A-Brace Version 2!!!!

Before getting into the pictures, here's my review for the guys at Rallitek for this GTSPEC Rear A-Brace:

Quality: 10/10 ... These braces are extremely well built! The version two is the most aggressive brace of its kind. It features three connection points: lateral link, subframe and the differential.

Communication: 10/10 ... I'm very happy with the interaction between myself and the Rallitek team. They always had someone available for me to get in touch with, and were very friendly to deal with!

Shipping/Packaging: 5/5 ... The item was very well packaged to ensure that it wasn't damaged during the shipping process, and it arrived very quickly from the U.S. to me in Canada!

Overall Experience: 10/10 ... I'm beyond excited to have these braces in my possession! I can't wait to install these braces and get the car super tight and precise! I most importantly want to thank the Rallitek team for the prompt responses and getting this taken care of for me. I also appreciate you digging through the back warehouse to find these for me!

Be sure to check out Rallitek at these links:

Rallitek Website
Rallitek Facebook Page

Enjoy the pictures:

Here's a picture courtesy of Lachute Performance on Marc's journal showing the brace in action:

So all I'm going to say is that in that Lachute picture right above, one more part in that picture has recently been purchased, and it too at this point in time is extremely rare and discontinued.

Thanks as always for stopping by, and to conclude this post, really big things are coming for Gabby this summer, so please enjoy this double-whammy of a teaser

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-22-18 at 08:03 PM.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-16, 03:44 PM   #194
stidoug
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: stormtrooper
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

stidoug will become famous soon enough

Some serious chassis tuning going on bud, have you poly bushed all your oem rubber ones ? Those tumbler deletes are a work of art.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-24-16, 02:19 PM   #195
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by stidoug View Post
Some serious chassis tuning going on bud, have you poly bushed all your oem rubber ones ? Those tumbler deletes are a work of art.
Lol thanks Doug, got plenty more stuff coming for chassis stuff...but now I might have said too much Yup, all bushings for the drivetrain are poly'd-up or solid Thanks, I can't wait to get them installed!

Hey guys, it's update time

Last update I had mentioned about recently purchasing a rare, discontinued part that was in the underbody picture taken by Lachute.

The part that I bought is the Rear 4-Point Subframe Brace from GTSPEC!! This brace IMO is much better than the similar Cusco brace, as this has two more connecting points, whereas the Cusco version only connects both sides of the subframe together.

The really cool thing was how I found this brace. As I mentioned, it is rare and discontinued. I called the majority of performance shops in Canada, and the U.S., and no one seemed to have this in their inventory. I eventually stumbled upon an eBay ad from "EricsPerformanceParts," who had a brand new one available!! From my extensive research of scanning the market, it seemed to be the only one available, let alone being brand new, so I immediately bought it.

Here's my review for the guys at EricsPerformanceParts for this GTSPEC Rear 4-Point Subframe Brace:

Quality: 10/10 ... These braces are extremely well built! This has 4 connection points, making it the most aggressive brace of its kind.

Communication: 10/10 ... Very good to deal with. Prompt responses, and very attentive to ensuring that everything was taken care of.

Shipping/Packaging: 5/5 ... The item was very well packaged to ensure that it wasn't damaged during the shipping process, and it arrived very quickly from the U.S. to me in Canada!

Overall Experience: 10/10 ... I'm excited to have this brace installed in my car, because I've heard that it tightens up the rear end a fair bit! I had a very nice experience with Eric's Performance Parts, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again in the future!

Enjoy the pictures:

Ok so I'm super excited to address those two teaser pics from last update; lets start with the SUMMIT picture.

So for those of you who aren't familiar with SUMMIT-Racing Equipments, they are a manufacturer of chassis bracing, and are based in the UK. So what's interesting with this company is that they have the exact same design as the GTSPEC chassis braces! After a bit of research, the same manufacturer makes both, and the design is licensed out to both companies. Now SUMMIT's braces are more eye-catching than GTSPEC's braces...why? They sport a Halloween Orange finish, as opposed to GTSPEC's slate-color.

Alright, so now that we've gone over that, let me tell you, getting a hold of SUMMIT braces was quite difficult. No one in North America seemed to carry them, so over I turned to the European market where the company is located. Fortunately when Googling them and adding Europe at the end of the search, I quickly found one company called JCP Performance (Japan Car Parts), who is a major wholesaler of SUMMIT braces, along with other brands like Injen, Invidia, DEPO and STRI Racing. They are based in Holland, have a 9000 square-foot stocking facility, and have been in business for over 15 years, focusing on EVOs, WRXs, GTRs, and 350/370Zs.

Here is a tour of their facility in Holland:

So I had the pleasure to deal with [email protected] Performance and was inquiring about a brace that I've wanted for a VERY long time... Fender Braces!!! Ton advised me that they had only one SUMMIT Fender Brace in stock available, until they placed another order for more, so boy was I in luck. Immediately I told him I'd take the brace, and the rest is history. Funny enough with the time difference from here in Canada to Holland, when I placed the order, he quickly got it ready for shipment and the DHL courier had literally just arrived at the door, so the brace was shipped pretty much right when the transaction went through!

Before I get into the pictures, here is my review of [email protected] Performance for my SUMMIT-Racing Equipments Fender Braces:

Quality: 10/10 ... These braces are extremely well built! They will provide a much better improvement over the stock brace.

Communication: 10/10 ... Ton was a real pleasure to deal with! He was always available to communicate with, and ensured that I was kept in the loop the entire time. Out of all the shops I've dealt with, Ton is definitely one of my favorite people I've had the chance to interact with!

Shipping/Packaging: 5/5 ... The item was very well packaged to ensure that it wasn't damaged during the shipping process, and it arrived very quickly from Holland to me in Canada!

Overall Experience: 10/10 ... I can't praise Ton enough for being such a great friend to me throughout this interaction. We got to know each other on a more personal level aside from just conducting the transaction. He shared information regarding the hard work he's invested into the business, and him being very attentive to the finer details of the car scene...sounds just like me! Ton even threw in some SUMMIT-Racing Equipments patches for my soon-to-be racing suit! I'm thrilled to get these fender braces installed, and feel the car turn-in tighter and handle more precisely. I'd advise anyone looking for GTSPEC braces to strongly consider SUMMIT-Racing Equipments braces, as they are in stock and ready to go at JCP Performance, not to mention getting fantastic customer service by [email protected]!

Be sure to check out JCP Performance at these links:

JCP Performance Website
JCP Performance Facebook Page

Enjoy the pictures:

So the last part of this update will address the final teaser picture from the last update I made, and that had to do with the DSS Carbon Fiber Driveshaft!!!

Yes that's right, I managed to scoop up a used DSS CF Driveshaft from my friend Yan who is a fellow IWSTI member whom you may be familiar of... "Yanbags." So long story short, Yan was parting out his STi for another car, and I noticed he was getting rid of his DSS CF Driveshaft. I quickly messaged him and managed to close the deal, as his price was more than fair for a slightly used DSS CF Driveshaft.

Before I get into the pictures, here is my review of Yan for my DSS Carbon Fiber Driveshaft:

Quality: 7.5/10 ... The carbon fiber part of the driveshaft was in great condition. Only reason this didn't receive an 8 or higher was due to the slight surface rust on the brace, and the DSS sticker on the brace slightly showing some peeling. At the end of the day, the DSS CF Driveshaft still works perfectly, which is all I care about

Communication: 10/10 ... Yan was great to deal with. He was prompt with his responses when we interacted over Facebook, and he ensured that I knew exactly what I was getting without any surprises of when it arrived to me. I would most definitely purchase parts again from Yan!

Shipping/Packaging: 5/5 ... The item was very well packaged to ensure that it wasn't damaged during the shipping process. Yan wrapped up the driveshaft with several layers of foam-wrap, to ensure it was secure and carefully protected.

Overall Experience: 10/10 ... Super happy to have had the opportunity to purchase this driveshaft from Yan. I can't wait to get this installed and reap all of the benefits I've read here on IWSTI regarding the driveshaft. Thanks again Yan, and all the best with the new car, you will always be a part of this journal, and a friend of mine!

Enjoy the pictures:

As always, thank-you for stopping by! To conclude this post, enjoy this teaser of some cool things coming for next update...lets just say that my car is going under the knife immediately when it comes out of storage (took place in late April)

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-22-18 at 08:33 PM.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Old 05-24-16, 05:32 PM   #196
couvar
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Car: 2011 DGM STI
Fav Mod: Alutec Subframe Brace
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

couvar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DSS x KillerB x IAG x DAMD x Recaro x Varis x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Enjoy the Summit Racing fender braces. I have the same ones and they are great!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-25-16, 04:32 PM   #197
awenthol
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: Tint
My Subaru Parts for sale

awenthol is a jewel in the roughawenthol is a jewel in the roughawenthol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: DSS x KillerB x IAG x DAMD x Recaro x Varis x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

That's a lot of corrosion...the DS is new, unused? May want to see what DSS has to say. You should not be receiving brand new parts in that condition.

If you really don't care, clean it up and hit it with some rust-adhering/preventing paint.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-25-16, 10:42 PM   #198
user1029
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: HTA86.
My Subaru Parts for sale

user1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud of

wow that is a lot of rust, I just received my DSS today no rust

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-25-16, 10:43 PM   #199
beelow
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: CRTEK + Prova D-shaped
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

beelow is on a distinguished road

His is not new, so...
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-26-16, 09:26 AM   #200
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

Definitely not new, look at the mismatched homemade shipping box :P
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement