GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis

Old 12-16-13, 06:24 PM   #11
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Alex's 2013 ST-Eye-Popping Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM Coachworks View Post
Alex,

Thank you once again for your business and for your support. I look forward to working with you and Gabriella again soon. Oh, and I'm jealous of your exhaust

Happy Holidays,
Alex
Thank-you Alex, again, it really is a pleasure to do business with someone like yourself!
I'm going to make a video of the exhaust...it's awesome!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-13, 06:33 PM   #12
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdot Teen View Post
Hoping to see your car in hypermeet next year, maybe we'll be judges together again.
Ya that was fun Sean, we might, who knows!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-18-14, 08:11 AM   #13
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I miss her so much!

Can't April come sooner!!

Some definite upcoming plans:

1) Redoing Headlights to look exactly like this...
08+ WRX/STI Headlight Split | DIY Painting | Baking - NASIOC
Courtesy of a local member on TSC (Duvanator)

2) Redoing Taillights to look exactly like this...

From far-away, my current tail-lights look similar to the work above, however they are in no-way of the same workmanship, precision, and detail as the work of fellow IWSTI member Nexson. So this job will be done Courtesy of Nexson! If you haven't seen his work, here's a link to his thread... How to Properly Paint Tails, Pics. It's clear that he definitely enjoys and takes pride in the work he does, and I'm really happy to work with him on this project of mine!

3) JDM Power Folding Mirrors w/ Auto Folding Module.
Thanks to fellow member Lithiumus (Garrick) recommendation, I have consulted with fellow member Monkiboy (Marcos) to order the JDM folding mirrors with the auto folding module. I am really excited to get this from Marcos, and will have Garrick install this for me!

Expect a full review on each of these upcoming modifications!

Thanks for looking

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-07-18 at 10:12 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-14, 08:46 AM   #14
user1029
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: HTA86.
My Subaru Parts for sale

user1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud of

Since when did STI's become GT2s that are only meant to be driven in warm weather? Take that cover off and rip it down some twisties
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Old 01-20-14, 07:17 AM   #15
JPM Coachworks
Account Inactive
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: Form & Function
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JPM Coachworks is an unknown quantity at this point

I am curious to know your thoughts on the mirrors. I still have not had a chance to install mine! :-/

Alex
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-20-14, 07:19 AM   #16
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM Coachworks View Post
I am curious to know your thoughts on the mirrors. I still have not had a chance to install mine! :-/

Alex
I will be getting member Lithiumus to work on mine. You will really like them Alex, totally functional, and beneficial, especially when parking downtown!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-03-14, 09:45 AM   #17
lithiumus
Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: AW 10 WRX STi SE
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lithiumus is an unknown quantity at this point

Figure I would jump on Alex's thread! Looking forward to working on your car, and you working on my car!

As some of you know, Toronto has gone through some pretty cold (-9F/-22C) standing temps with some melting and refreezing and the mirrors performed like a champ! I drive my family around all the time so I'm constantly taking the kids to swimming, snowboarding, hockey, you name it... so I'm always in and out of parking lots usually filled with mini-vans, SUVs, etc and it's wonderful to be able to close the mirrors when the spot is tight to keep the space in between the cars open.

I've parked in an underground long term (a few days) for a conference and I found a spot by the wall and I parked literally inches away so no one could get behind the car while the other side was exposed to lighting and cameras. (it was single spots along a wall).

Finally, my main reason I purchased the JDM mirrors is to be able to fold my mirrors as I reverse in between my houses to my backyard where my garage is located. I need the mirrors out to aim, but there are 2 spots where there is a hose faucet and a power line that comes out of the house where I need to close the mirrors and open when I'm clear. I need to be able to do this in the drivers' seat. Before I had the JDM power mirrors, I'd either climb over to the passenger seat and pull the mirror closed or try to drive around it which meant snaking the car around when I've only got inches to spare.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-03-14, 10:07 AM   #18
lidrew
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 2011 DGM Sedan
Fav Mod: Brake Dust
My Subaru Parts for sale

lidrew will become famous soon enoughlidrew will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1029 View Post
Since when did STI's become GT2s that are only meant to be driven in warm weather? Take that cover off and rip it down some twisties Image Link
Even if I had a 996tt or a GTR it would have snow tires for winter.

people enjoyed your fkn car you spent all that money on!

Old 02-03-14, 10:18 AM   #19
lithiumus
Contributor

Car: AW 10 WRX STi SE
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lithiumus is an unknown quantity at this point

While I whole heartedly agree... there are some limits where bodywork damage is not worth the minimal enjoyment of driving in the winter! Both the 996tt and GTR are high enough off the pavement, I would definitely drive those as well during the winter... in fact, that would be a selling point to convince my wife that they fall in the "family car" category!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-03-14, 01:01 PM   #20
RallyDrivR13
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Car: 2015 STI Launch
Fav Mod: Crawford AOS
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

RallyDrivR13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Living in salty Northern Climates I could understand not driving a nice brand new car in the winter, but down South or out West I say rip sh*t on winter!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement