GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis - Page 18 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis

Old 10-29-15, 08:05 AM   #171
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: IAG x Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x ARC x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Sunday August 23rd marked the 12th annual Subaru Hypermeet held at the Subaru Canada Headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario. For those of you who have never heard of the Hypermeet, think of it as the Wicked Big Meet (WBM) for Canadians living in Southern Ontario.

This was my 3rd time in a row attending the Hypermeet and I was super stoked this year to see some awesome cars, and also compete again in the Show and Shine category for "Cleanest Subaru."
Last year, I finished in 2nd place for Cleanest Subaru; it was very close and came down to my wheel wells being a bit dirty...no problem I took the advice from the judges last year and made sure I addressed that issue for this year to give myself the best possible chance I could at winning the title.
So did I win or not...you'll have to wait and see below, but regardless, it is a charity event that supports the Ronald McDonald House, which provides a "home away from home" for seriously ill children and their families. Great cause that raised over $20,000, and Subaru Canada decided to match that for a cumulative total of $40,000 raised! I'm so grateful to be part of a car community like this and it really goes to show that the Subaru group for the most part are good people!

I honestly didn't take that many pictures this time around because I was mostly hanging out with friends while there, but nonetheless, please enjoy the below pictures of some of my favourite cars at the meet:

Seeing as it's almost Halloween, I thought I'd also include a couple pics after the meet where I stopped off for coffee, only to be greeted by a special "Halloween edition" E92 M3 with a sick Volk TE-37SL setup. Plus, you'll also get to see how clean my car was for the event:

Oh...did I mention I won cleanest car?

Funny story though, so this was my first time ever being up on stage to be awarded something of this nature, and there was this gorgeous model (pictured above) who kinda looked like Avril Lavigne waiting to present me with my award. I was terribly nervous to take a picture with such a beautiful woman, but I got up there in front of all my friends, was presented the award and took a couple pictures with her...at first though I was doing the "floating hand" as I was too nervous to put my hand around her because I wanted to respect her space ...I manned up though and decided to go for it...and so I kissed her!!! Lol just kidding, but I did get this nice picture with her. I was respectful and she gave me a nice smile afterwards...more motivation to win next year and try talking to her and make a friend

Hope you guys enjoyed the update, and me making fun of myself! Life's too short to take things seriously, so just be yourself and be awesome!
Stay tuned for the next update:

Teaser:
Special thanks to one of my best friends Quincy (canadianwrxsti) for the inspiration on the below part...Voila! :

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-20-18 at 01:19 PM.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-15, 08:50 AM   #172
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IAG x Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x ARC x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiDetailing View Post
Funny story though, so this was my first time ever being up on stage to be awarded something of this nature, and there was this gorgeous model (pictured above) who kinda looked like Avril Lavigne waiting to present me with my award. I was terribly nervous to take a picture with such a beautiful woman, but I got up there in front of all my friends, was presented the award and took a couple pictures with her...at first though I was doing the "floating hand" as I was too nervous to put my hand around her because I wanted to respect her space ...I manned up though and decided to go for it...and so I kissed her!!! Lol just kidding, but I did get this nice picture with her. I was respectful and she gave me a nice smile afterwards...more motivation to win next year and try talking to her and make a friend
You're not a bad lookin' dude, assertiveness will take you very far in life with the ladies.

Also, don't be afraid of touch, as long as you aren't touching her chest
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-29-15, 10:35 AM   #173
STi Addict
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: Turning the key over
My Subaru Parts for sale

STi Addict is a glorious beacon of lightSTi Addict is a glorious beacon of lightSTi Addict is a glorious beacon of lightSTi Addict is a glorious beacon of lightSTi Addict is a glorious beacon of light

YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN HER A NICE CHEEK KISS AT THE LEAST

Congrats on winning!! I'll give you a run for your money next year
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-15, 01:48 PM   #174
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about

It's time for an update!!

Sorry guys, school has been a bit hectic with all sorts of projects and whatnot, but I think this update will make up for it... ok so where to start, let's talk about that teaser pic that I posted before.

Background Story Behind the Carbing Titanium Strut Tower

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this strut tower, this strut tower is titanium, is quite rare and seems to only be sold in JDM-land. This car part was inspired by Quincy (canadianwrxsti), he's been such an inspiration in my build in terms of where I want it to go eventually! Ok so my good friend Matt (EMAGNDNIM) purchased this strut tower, and was aware that I really wanted one...and he ended up selling me his as he has the JDM connections to get one again should he choose to (wish I had those connections ). So special thank-you to Matt for being an awesome friend and helping me get to where I want my car to be!

Ok so here are the much awaited pictures of the Carbing Titanium Strut Tower:

I am really happy with how it looks, and even more excited to install it on my car...wait, there's a problem! There's a Brake Master Cylinder Brace built in, and it's on the opposite side. Everyone, please note that this strut tower is made specifically for the JDM RHD STis as they have the Brake Master Cylinder on the opposite side of the USDM/Canadian models...functional strut towers ftw...said no one ever...except for this time!! I was well aware of this prior to purchasing it, and I had the plan to cut off that portion of it in a very clean way to make it seem as though it was never there; I really wish that they would have made a USDM version, because it would've been a cool feature to have.

So I called up my buddy Mario who I've mentioned before in the previous Porsche post, and I was familiar that him and his dad had a very reputable Machining shop called CMJ Precision Machining Co. with strong core principles and exceptional workmanship! This is evident in the work that they've done together on their Porsche, and I knew that they would be the best ones that I fully trust to take care of cutting off the portion of the titanium strut tower.

Quality: 10/10 ...Mario did a fantastic job at removing the strut tower brace portion. The machining quality is unbelievable, and the edges were chamfered to look neat and professional. Had I not have told you about this being done, you would think it had came like that...which says so much about how great Mario's work is!
Turnaround: 5/5 ...Mario was able to work with me on a very quick timeline, and I was able to pick it up the same day I dropped it off!
Communication: 10/10 ...Mario explained to me exactly what he was going to do in detail prior to when I arrived, and also when I arrived to ensure that there were no grey areas about the whole process. He did so in a clear way that even someone not as technical as me could understand!
Overall Experience: 10/10 ...For those who are looking into any sort of machining work, and want the best overall experience, I highly recommend if you are in the surrounding Toronto area to check out Mario and his dad's company CMJ Precision Machining Co.!

Again, a special thanks goes out to Mario! I'm so glad to have you a part of this build and journey to where I want the car to go! Here's his awesome Porsche If you want to see more of his car, check out his Instagram: @Mariocork

Here's the final pictures of how it turned out, enjoy:

Here's how it will look, unfortunately though the ARC Alternator Cover has been sold, but I will revive my build with an ARC part in some way...very soon

Alright, now to conclude this update, I purchased some more parts back in August from my favourite shop Touge Tuning! Like always, Chris and the whole team at Touge Tuning have been such a pleasure to deal with, and I'm so glad to work with them on my build, after all, they are the best Subaru shop in Ontario, and Gabby only gets the best!

Here's what I got from them back in August:
  • Hawk HPS Pads
  • Grimmspeed EBCS
  • Grimmspeed Brake Master Cylinder

I hope you enjoy the pictures, and again, special thanks to Touge Tuning for the great customer service and helping me get these parts...oh and I'm sure you know why I got an EBCS for my car...Stage 2? !

Oh and what do we have here...a teaser pic of a part coming from Japan...I wonder what that could be?

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for what's next!

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-21-18 at 08:20 AM.
Likes 5 Dislikes 0

Old 12-05-15, 08:26 AM   #175
EMAGDNIM
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Fav Mod: Shopping on YAJ/Up Garage
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

EMAGDNIM is on a distinguished road

Talk about an update! Looking good my man!

And no problem, that strut bar is quite the piece of hardware. It will look a lot nicer in your bay, then in mine
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-13-15, 10:03 AM   #176
beelow
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Fav Mod: CRTEK + Prova D-shaped
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

beelow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IAG x Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x Carbing x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabb

Reidetailig, would you do me a favor and lay out the content of the plastic bag (hardware for the brace)?
I somehow lost mine and luckily the red button appeared again. Now i need to find me new hardware.

I would greatly appreciate your help!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-17-15, 03:09 PM   #177
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: IAG x Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x Carbing x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelow View Post
Reidetailig, would you do me a favor and lay out the content of the plastic bag (hardware for the brace)?
I somehow lost mine and luckily the red button appeared again. Now i need to find me new hardware.

I would greatly appreciate your help!
Hey there Simon! Please call me Alex I'd love to help out with your request! Below (pun intended), you will find a picture of the attached parts in the bag. Some of those bolts had writing on them, so I wrote them on the paper for your reference...let me know if there's anything else you need Simon

Ok, so I have an update for everyone, and I think you're all going to like and really appreciate this one...it's related to that teaser picture I posted right above about the part coming from the JDM-Motherland!

Background story for the DAMD D-Shaped Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel (Black Stitching)

I always was interested in this wheel back when I first saw one of our prominent members on IWSTI and a mutual friend of mine, sti_mtl - Alex, post his DAMD D-Shaped Steering Wheel with red stitching, which looked fantastic. I was pretty settled on that until I saw another prominent member Bassler post his DAMD Carbon Fiber D-Shaped Steering Wheel. I had no idea that they even offered it, and seeing how I wanted to stick with the theme of nice and subtle carbon fiber touches here and there on my car, I thought it would be a nice touch to the interior.

As you may or may not know, I have the JPM Coachworks shift and e-brake boots in black with Shark Grey stitching, as I'm not a fan of red stitching, not to mention my Recaro seat doesn't have any red, so I was pleased to find that DAMD offered the wheel I was looking for in Black stitching...subtle, but still good!

Due to the Canadian dollar's sluggish performance, I opted to purchased this steering wheel from a company called AVOJDM, which you may/may not have heard of but they are based in Japan, and seem to have a wide variety of DAMD products available. I did my research and they checked out as being reputable so I decided to place my order with them. I had the pleasure to interact with Derek [email protected], and he made the process seamless and treated me like a valued customer, even though I was a new customer!

Below you will find my review on the overall experience that I had with them, which I was extremely satisfied with, like all the places I order from, I try to stick with the best! After the review you will find lots of detailed pictures of the wheel, followed by more updates, I hope you enjoy!

Quality: 10/10 ... The quality of the leather is really good! The wheel is perforated on the sides, and features nice leather. Now note that it is not the absolute best leather but it still nonetheless is very good. The quality of the carbon fiber is exceptional with no flaws noticeable.

Turnaround: 5/5 ... Derek notified me before purchasing this wheel that due to the nature of it being carbon fiber, it was a wheel that was made-to-order, so it would take roughly 2-3 months. Something to note is that I can be impatient at times (I'm trying to work on this negative quality), but I was just super excited to receive it! The wheel came just under 3 full months and was just like Derek said

Communication: 10/10 ... Derek as I've mentioned was a real pleasure to deal with. His customer service and always keeping me in the loop, giving me updates on the process was much appreciated!

Shipping/Packaging: 5/5 ... The steering wheel was very well-packaged and also well-protected from any damage that could have arisen during the shipping process, as you will see below.

Overall Experience: 10/10 ... I'm super pleased with my overall experience with [email protected], he was great to deal with and I highly recommend anyone interested in a DAMD steering wheel to look no further and purchase from him! It may have been a long wait, but it was well worth it! Thanks so much Derek for convincing me to be patient and go through with the order because 60-90 days is a while, but this is by far one of my most favourite modifications I've done with the car yet!

For more info on AVOJDM, check them out here:
AVOJDM Website
AVOJDM Facebook

Enjoy the pictures!

Also, during the month of August, I stopped by a local meet that had some of my most favourite cars of all-time...

I also purchased a Limited Edition STi Ugly Christmas Sweater, although I don't think it's very ugly haha...

Ok and to conclude this post, I have another teaser below...BIG things are coming people, and for this teaser, think outside the box of the image...it may be simple it might not be what you expect lol. Until next time, thanks for stopping by and keep an eye out for the next update

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-21-18 at 08:49 AM.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Old 12-17-15, 03:26 PM   #178
stichubz
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

stichubz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IAG x DAMD x Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x Carbing x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gab

Awesome update as always. I need that wheel in my life!!! Lol can't wait for what's to come!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-18-15, 02:11 AM   #179
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IAG x DAMD x Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x Carbing x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gab

Steering wheel looks awesome!!!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 12-18-15, 03:41 AM   #180
beelow
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Fav Mod: CRTEK + Prova D-shaped
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

beelow is on a distinguished road

Awesome service with hardware overview. Thank you Alex!

update is awesome too!

i got the hint, but i won't spoil it 😎
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement