GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis - Page 17 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis

Old 08-20-15, 03:25 PM   #161
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: IAG x Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x ARC x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

It's time for an update, and what better way to start it by addressing what that Teaser picture was that I recently posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_STI View Post
Looks like a door pull...been talking to Jason?
DING DING DING, Kyle's the winner!

It definitely is a Porsche GT3 Door Pull Kit from the one and only, Jason @ Overland Designs.

Before I get started, this mod is inspired by my friend Kyle (CNY_STI) who I believe is the pioneer of the door strap pull kit here on IWSTI. You can go check out this awesome door strap pull kit and more of his beautiful car sporting those gorgeous Volk ZE40s here at his journal link:
2012 WRB STi - BRAKES ARE DONE!

Also, a very special shout-out goes to Kyle (CNY_STI) again for sending me some detailed responses on PM on how to remove the door panel, and install these door straps. I really appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to do something like that for me, and it really goes to show how fantastic this forum is, and how everyone looks out for each other, and is so helpful; it really does feel like a family, and I'm so happy to be a part of experiencing yours and many of the other members' journals.

Also, a special thank-you goes out to my good friend Renato who drives a beautiful WRX! Renato came by my house to install the door straps for me, and he did a professional job following all the instructions on the door-panel removal and installation of the door straps, essentially treating my car gently and carefully as if he was working on his own car!

Here's my review on my order from [email protected]_Designs:

Quality: 10/10 ... The quality of the Alcantara is top notch, and I'm super happy with the attention to detail that Jason put in making the stitching perfect and also accommodating my request to have it in Shark Grey.

Turnaround: 6/5 ... I give this a 6/5 for a couple of reasons; first, the product was shipped extremely quickly after it was built by Jason. The reason why I gave it a rating of beyond 100% satisfaction is because I have the annual Subaru Hypermeet here in Toronto, and I wanted to get these in time for the meet. Jason is a busy guy with his business, but given my time constraint, he went out of his way on his own personal time to help me out and get them to me as soon as possible, and it is that customer service why he will always have my business!

Communication: 10/10 ... Jason was very pleasant to deal will over the phone. Very kind, humble and driven person that exudes passion in what he does. His customer service as I've mentioned I think is a great differentiator from him compared to his competitors.

Shipping/Packaging: 5/5 ... The door straps were very well packaged in plastic and were not damaged in any way.

Overall Experience: 10/10 ... I'm super stoked to send more of my business through this journey to Jason! He really wow'd me with the quality of these door straps, and having seen his journal on NASIOC, along with some of his customers' products, it's very clear that his attention-to-detail is simply amazing; and attention-to-detail is a very important aspect in this build. Jason, thumbs up to you buddy, I am so happy with the door strap pull kit, and I'm sure they'll turn the right heads for the right reasons and more business comes your way as a result of it, because these handles are FREAKIN' AWESOME!

Now for the pics! Thanks again everyone for stopping by, and stay tuned for a CRAZY post coming up!!

For those interested, I've posted Overland Designs' contact information below, and social media outlets:
Overland Designs
Overland Designs - Home | Facebook

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-10-18 at 05:45 PM.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-15, 03:41 PM   #162
Goose42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Surgeline pro tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Goose42 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IAG x Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x ARC x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Very nice indeed
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-20-15, 04:39 PM   #163
mac_sti
Advanced Contributor Level 4

Fav Mod: Holy Header!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

mac_sti will become famous soon enoughmac_sti will become famous soon enough

Looks good Alex
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-15, 04:54 PM   #164
CNY_STI
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: EFI Logics Tune
My Subaru Parts for sale

CNY_STI is a jewel in the roughCNY_STI is a jewel in the roughCNY_STI is a jewel in the roughCNY_STI is a jewel in the rough

Look great...looking forward to see what's next on the modding path.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-20-15, 05:07 PM   #165
stichubz
Becoming A Contributor

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

stichubz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Alex!! It's Ricardo. They look freaking amazing!!!!!!! Can't wait to see them in person man!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 08-21-15, 01:58 PM   #166
EMAGDNIM
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: Shopping on YAJ/Up Garage
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

EMAGDNIM is on a distinguished road

I had the chance to check those out in person, and I need to get myself a set now haha!

The quality is amazing, and they look classy to boot.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-12-15, 09:00 AM   #167
ReiDetailing
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about

Went to support my good friend Mario and his dad's car debut at the Porsche Oakville meet. Such a beautiful story behind it...in a nutshell, it's a father and son project. They bought the car last year I believe and restored it to what you are going to see below.

If you want to see more of his car and its progress, add him on Instagram: @mariocork
Mario Corkovic (@mariocork) • Instagram photos and videos

You can't go wrong when you're spending a day with friends enjoying the beautiful weather surrounded by beautiful cars! Enjoy the pics of some of my favourite cars at the Porsche Oakville event!

Oh and here was a snazzy pic of my car after the event looking spiffy

Stay tuned for many more updates coming soon!

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-10-18 at 06:00 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 10-12-15, 10:09 AM   #168
S1monQc

Fav Mod: EWG
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S1monQc has a spectacular aura aboutS1monQc has a spectacular aura about

Stock wheels must go!!! :P
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-12-15, 11:49 AM   #169
user1029
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: HTA86.
My Subaru Parts for sale

user1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud of

What a meet
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-13-15, 04:23 AM   #170
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Just went from page 1 to 17, love it! Keep up the good work :-)
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement