GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis - Page 15 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis

Old 03-20-15, 08:06 PM   #141
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x ARC x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjp4419 View Post
That looks better then the goodridge line. How did you order it and how much was it? I looked on their website and didnt see it.
As a matter of fact, it is much better than the goodridge line. It is not on their website rjp4419, but I would highly suggest/recommend that you contact Julien at Lachute Performance (I presume he is the owner), and he will put you in the right direction for ordering one, but again it's custom from them!

If you want, just say you want the same thing that was done on the LP700R, or to make it easier, say you want the exact same clutch line that you did for Alex recently!

Thanks for checking out my page though!

~Alex!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-15, 11:57 AM   #142
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Custom Lachute Performance SS Ron Davis Radiator Tube!!!

So I've got some big news!!! Before showing you all the final half of my order from Lachute Performance, I would just like everyone to stay tuned for an update this week because Gabby is coming out of winter storage now that the weather has hopefully cleared up for good! I've surely missed driving her, but I will soon be reunited again...lol that sounded way too cheesy and pathetic lol oh well!

With that introduction out of the way, here is the last part of the update from my last post working with Lachute Performance, and it is my pleasure to introduce to you a custom Lachute Performance Stainless Steel Upper Radiator Tube that is designed for the Ron Davis Radiator as found on the LP700R...I guess there's no going back now lol!!
*Please note that this is only the upper radiator tube. The lower radiator hose unfortunately is not able to be offered in a stainless steel version due to it's location, and is better suited for a Samco one made of Reinforced Silicone that is flexible.

So funny story though behind this was that I actually got very very lucky with my timing. It was around my birthday in late February when I called to place the order, and around the same time was the update on Marc's LP700R build thread, where Lachute Performance posted
on Marc's behalf with pictures of the Ron Davis radiator in the engine...but something was missing! It was the custom stainless steel radiator tube that Marc had mentioned he was going to do like what was on his first STi. So when I called [email protected], I had reminded him about the observation, and told him about how I wanted one. It was to my luck that he said they were going to be making one for the LP700R in the next couple of weeks, so I kindly told Julien how I planned to go with a Ron Davis Radiator, and that if possible, I would like them to make me duplicate of what they were doing for Marc's car. Without a doubt, Julien opened my request with open arms, and the order was placed...lucky huh! I'm still sure that even if it was already done, Julien would have still been open to embarking in this little project, but my timing just happened to be perfect (for once )!!

So with the story out of the way, here's my review on the final half of the order from [email protected] Performance:

Quality: 10/10 ... Simply stunning! I'm assuming "El Fabricator" ([email protected] Performance) was the one behind this masterpiece, so a special shout-out goes to you Yannick, or whomever on the LP Team made this. The welds are unbelievable and have super smooth transitions. The entire product including the clamps and Vibrant Performance couplers were assembled with precision and care.

Turnaround: 5/5 ... Like the LP custom Clutch Line, the order process for the custom SS Rad tube was super quick. Although as mentioned above in the story, I did have to wait a couple of weeks for them to start working again on the LP700R, but I was in no rush whatsoever to wait for this masterpiece of a part to be ready! Like the clutch line, the package for this part shipped and arrived within exactly 1 day!! Again, props goes out to Lachute for ensuring quick delivery.

Communication: 10/10 ... Julien was very good to communicate with, he explained the process, what was involved, ETA to be completed, and all in all, made me feel comfortable and aware of the entire process of what was going on.

Shipping/Packaging: 5/5 ... It was in a Brian Crower crankshaft box so I thought that it was a special gift from Julien haha just kidding! But it was packaged very well and nothing was damaged.

Overall Experience: 10/10 ... I'm just going to say this very casually and loosely...you get the BEST customer experience...nuff said Julien and his team are outstanding to deal with and again, I am super stoked to continue working with them in the future!

Now for the pics! Thanks again everyone for stopping by, and tune in later this week for another update where I have a few surprises coming up!

^Who doesn't like stickers, especially Lachute Performance ones!

For those interested, I've posted Lachute's contact information below, and social media outlets:
Lachute Performance Website
Lachute Performance Facebook

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-10-18 at 02:37 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-09-15, 12:10 PM   #143
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x ARC x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

So as mentioned above, my car was recently taken out of storage and was headed right for an oil change. Now I have a lot of friends who have their own shops like [email protected], but my absolute favourite and #1 place to take my car to is to my really good friend [email protected] ...so that's where the car headed to Tuesday night!

Chris has been my favourite "go-to" person in the tuning community and I really look up to him as a fellow entrepreneur and role model in terms of what he stands for and what he believes in, plus we have very very similar interests so we get along very easily!

Ok so you are all probably wondering what I was getting done at Touge Tuning; was it just an oil change? Could it have been an oil change and more?

Well it was definitely an oil change and more let me tell ya...here's the list of the stuff that was done by Chris, and his fellow team member Richard who does fantastic work and is a true-class guy and a friend of mine:

-SuperPro Rear Differential Full Replacement Bushing
-Motul Gear 300 72w90 Rear Diff Fluid
-Motul X-Clean 5w30 Oil w/ OEM Subaru Oil Filter
-Lachute Performance Custom Stainless Steel Clutch Line (Clutch Line bled)
-Moroso Coolant Expansion Tank w/ Moroso Radiator Cap (Cooling System bled)
-Varis Diffuser rattle fixed (spacer added and brackets tightened)

So below there are going to be 2 parts, the first will be my review on Touge Tuning, and underneath will be pictures of the installation process and below each picture will be some sort of description with how the parts feel after driving it, or just my personal thoughts on it.

I hope you all enjoy and stay tuned for my next update which will be the IAG Race Version AOS

Let's jump right into the review of my great experience with Touge Tuning!

Quality: 10/10 ...While I wasn't there to document my own pictures and have a look at what was going on, I was amazed with how detailed and thorough the job was to install all of these parts. Chris and Richard both worked carefully on my car and took care of it like it was their own, which is why I am fully committed to return every time to them when my car needs something done! They not only performed the work that I was looking to get done, but also went above and beyond to find certain areas of my car that needed some attention (ex: ARC alternator cover was loose and was vibrating...so it was properly tightened to eliminate the rattling). It's little things like that which makes them the BEST shop in the GTA...no questions asked, and I will always stand behind that statement!

Turnaround: 5/5 ...The job most importantly was done with proper care, nothing was rushed, and I had my car back in the time that Chris had estimated that the job would take. The Rear Diff Replacement Bushings took up a majority of the time because it was quite an involving process, so this reflected in the cost of installation being more than the cost of the part itself ... I guess why a lot of people like to go with the inserts (but I don't really care tbh, I want the best of the best for Gabby)

Communication: 10/10 ...As mentioned before, everything was clearly and carefully explained to me, so I was not left in the dark as to what was going on.

Overall Experience: 10/10 ...Best shop ever is quite an understatement for Touge Tuning! It is honestly a real pleasure working with such great people like Chris, his brother Mike who helped out, and Richard! I would highly recommend anyone in the GTA area to take their Subaru to [email protected] for the ultimate experience in customer service, and installation quality!

Again, special shoutout goes to [email protected] Tuning, and his star of a technician Richard who as mentioned before is a really great person with a good head on his shoulders!

Check out their website, along with their social media accounts:
Website
Facebook
Instagram

Enjoy the pics fellas

Moroso Coolant Expansion Tank for some Engine Bay Bling Bling

I'm really really happy with how this brightens up the engine bay and adds a subtle touch to it which is the look I was aiming for!

Lachute Performance Custom Stainless Steel Clutch Line

Driving with this clutch line is unbelievably. It is definitely noticeable of the difference it makes, which is a more firmer and responsive clutch pedal. Looking back at what Marc said about this clutch line is exactly what I feel ("Less loose, and sharper, more precise, amplified feeling of the clutch pedal.").

I would highly recommend everyone get in touch with [email protected] Performance to buy this clutch line if you want the same feeling as mentioned above.

SuperPro Rear Differential Replacement Bushings

My drivetrain bushings are 99% complete, all that remains is getting the ASI Solid Geometry Correcting Subframe Bushings (which will replace my SuperPro Subframe Bushing Inserts).
But back to the SuperPro Rear Diff Bushing, while the install was quite long and involving, I still do not regret my decision of going with these over the Rear Diff Inserts. I can't really comment too much on how the diff bushings feel because I literally just started driving the car again, but I feel that the drivetrain noise did increase NVH ever-so slightly (but I've already surpassed that NVH line that most people stop at when they upgrade to Group-N ). After some more driving, I will comment on these bushings, so stay posted.

Once all of the rain clears up here in Toronto, I will post some clean pictures of the car, followed by a cold start of the GReddy exhaust

Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to check out Touge Tuning if you are in the GTA area

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-10-18 at 02:41 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-15, 06:51 PM   #144
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: IAG x Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x ARC x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Hey everyone,

Before I get started, I just want to say that I haven't forgot about posting some pics of the car all clean and the Greddy SE Spectrum Elite cold start, I've just been super busy with work. But I'm going to get on that this weekend, and I am definitely making up for it with this update!

So speaking of big news, I had an awesome weekend! I went to the track to watch and sit as a passenger in some of my friends' cars (Corwyn with a Fully Built engine, rotated turbo, roll-cage WRX straight from hell, along with my friend Carl's Porsche Carrera, and my good friend Chris's brand new Stage 1 Subaru WRX)! It was such a great time, and an even better time learning about how to approach turns and proper driving lines, and techniques!

Below are some of the pictures I've captured, although I regret not getting video of Corwyn's car because not only was it super quick, but it sounded absolutely stunning!

Oh and here's some more pics of my engine...so clean with the beautiful Moroso Expansion Tank

Finally, what you've all been waiting for, so the goal this summer is to do a proper Stage 2 build...now I don't want to spoil what exactly is coming, but I can assure you it's the best parts available on the market...we'll leave it at that
Without further ado, I present to you the stunning IAG AOS Race Version in Polished finish Special thanks goes out to Chris and Mike @ Touge Tuning for hooking me up with this awesome part!

And who doesn't love IAG stickers :P

Again thanks for stopping by, stay tuned this summer for install pictures and a review on Touge Tuning who will be performing my Stage 2 build

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-10-18 at 02:44 PM.
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Old 05-05-15, 09:56 PM   #145
user1029
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: HTA86.
My Subaru Parts for sale

user1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud of
Default Re: IAG x Recaro x Beatrush x Varis x ARC x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Damn that race version looks spectacular
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-09-15, 07:02 PM   #146
mac_sti
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Holy Header!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

mac_sti will become famous soon enoughmac_sti will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiDetailing View Post
As a matter of fact, it is much better than the goodridge line. It is not on their website rjp4419, but I would highly suggest/recommend that you contact Julien at Lachute Performance (I presume he is the owner), and he will put you in the right direction for ordering one, but again it's custom from them!

If you want, just say you want the same thing that was done on the LP700R, or to make it easier, say you want the exact same clutch line that you did for Alex recently!!
I might be interested in this. I recently did the Circuit Motor sports clutch master cylinder brace and I noticed a better feel in the pedal. Maybe this would complete that feel to true precision.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-09-15, 10:50 PM   #147
Coconutz
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2015 White STi
Fav Mod: Varis / Rays Engineer
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Coconutz will become famous soon enough

I assume the 'Race' IAG AOS doesn't come with an fittings? Would love to see more pictures of it.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-15, 06:44 PM   #148
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconutz View Post
I assume the 'Race' IAG AOS doesn't come with an fittings? Would love to see more pictures of it.
Same here. I was under the impression that it came with all the fittings. This is the reason I was waiting for it in order to the keep the AN fitting sweetness with my power steering cooler lines. Chime in there, Alex! :P
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-12-15, 01:49 PM   #149
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates, a lot of my time has been devoted at the moment to my summer school courses, but I'm making it up BIG TIME with this update...but before I get started, I'm going to address the two posts above this one together:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconutz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noximus View Post
Same here. I was under the impression that it came with all the fittings. This is the reason I was waiting for it in order to the keep the AN fitting sweetness with my power steering cooler lines. Chime in there, Alex! :P
The IAG AOS Race Version that I purchased did not come with AN Fittings, so when I'm ready to install the AOS, I'll be getting some Vibrant Performance AN Fittings. Now from what I've heard, IAG will probably be releasing a complete kit with the AN Fittings included, you'll just have to wait I guess for that. I just purchased the core unit itself.

Ok now with that out of the way, let's get started with this update:

I went recently to a meet not too too far away called Strada with my friend Chris who drives a blue Subaru BRZ. It was pretty good but I'm glad that I left around 10pm because it was starting to get a bit rowdy with the crowd, and I don't like that whole scene with the revving and whatnot.
Here's a couple of shots of my car from that night (photo credit by my iPhone and my buddy Pavel):

Next I noticed something pretty cool on my dash on my way to work :

Moving on to some detailing work that I did recently for my buddy Ricardo on his engine bay. This car was my first ever experience with the 2014 Tsurugi Edition STi:

Here's where my VX5000 (Best/most expensive steamer on the market comes in to clean this engine perfectly)...

Next I polished my Aunt's headlights on her Lexus RX-350 to get them back to the way they were on the day she bought it:

Brace yourselves...they're super foggy due to the oxidation creating a haze:

50/50 shot (the inner portion hasn't been polished yet, but the side closest to the fender is polished) :

All done

When my friend Carl came by to install my Recaro seat, initially we were using the Bride Super Low Rail/Base. When the seat was bolted in, I sat in and literally my eyes were level with the dashboard (and I'm 6'2 ). Needless to say, the rear was at it's "highest" point...why? I'm guessing because race-car
Here's a picture:

Don't get me wrong, it was cool to sit super low to the ground and have a lower center of gravity, but it just wasn't safe. So the Bride rail/base came out, and in went a Planted Technology Side Mount and seat base...no pics but take my word for it, I was sitting higher than stock at it's lowest point. So back to the drawing board, and poor Carl, he's a trooper for having to constantly come by to change out the seat, but 3rd time's the charm right?

So he had a seat Side Mount at his shop that was primarily for European applications by a company called VAC Motorsports and they were just absolutely perfect! I feel like I'm sitting more level and slightly lower than OEM but perfectly upright

I thought I'd also give my Recaro seat a nice cleaning, but before I did, I had to get rid of the Airbag light that was on. To remove it, I went to Sayal Electronics and purchased a 3.3ohm 1/4watt resistor...and voila, the light was gone.
Here's some pictures of the resistors and the seat all clean :

Wow, does the interior look pretty damn good! But, I mean it seems like it's missing something...

ORDERED:

Yup, I pulled the trigger on a steering wheel, specifically the one above. That is the DAMD D-Shaped Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel in the Black Stitching. I purchased it from AVOJDM and I am currently just waiting for it. I dealt with [email protected] and he was a real pleasure to deal with! Unfortunately because this product is made-to-order, it will take roughly 3 months before I receive it Oh well, I'm just going to try and remain as calm as I can until it's in my possession

Next was the CSCS racing event at Cayuga race track. I went to show some support for Touge Tuning, which is by far my #1 shop that I take my car to. We had to leave super early to get there right when it opened, and that allowed for me to capture this really cool shot:

Also, I got this SICK rolling shot taken of my car by my good friend Chris, who's a fantastic photographer! I'm going to make this shot my new journal picture

And I've always wanted to take a picture looking into my sideview mirror, so here was some "Stancenation" Subaru that was behind me...it's pretty cool if you're into that look:

Anyways, we arrived bright and early, and later on in the morning, my dad and my uncle surprised me and actually came out to the event Boy was I shocked (but in a good way), because I've always wanted them to come to one of these racing events at the track! My dad's not really into cars very much, so it was great to do some bonding time with him and my uncle and introduce them to all of my friends at the track! Here's a shot of Chris's shop car ('15 WRX) and Corwyn's GR WRX (same one that was in one of my previous posts).

This was also pretty cool, a Ferrari 458 Liberty Walk body kit was at the track! I got some photo footage:
**BEWARE Ferrari Purists, you may want to close your eyes:

Lastly, my goal for this year was by August, I would have enough saved for a Stage 2 build, but I think that I'm going to wait until next year for that. So for now, the car's engine will remain stock, and I'll just be accumulating parts. I'm excited for what's in store for my car next year, and I can promise you that it will be the ultimate stage 2/2+ machine.

Here's some parts that I recently acquired thanks to my friend's Chris and Mike @ Touge Tuning.

I purchased the Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid along with an ETS Intake in the Brushed Finish.

Special thanks goes out to Chris and Mike for making the transaction so smooth and getting me the parts as soon as possible! Again, I can't say enough good things about these guys because they are the BEST and my personal favourite Subaru shop in the GTA by far!

Here's some pictures of both the Grimmspeed EBCS and the ETS Intake:

Thanks Philip @ Grimmspeed, packaging was spot on

Thanks so much for looking, and stay tuned for another update coming soon

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-10-18 at 03:01 PM.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 07-12-15, 03:39 PM   #150
TonyT
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: Recaro
My Subaru Parts for sale

TonyT is on a distinguished road

Looking promising! Subbed!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement