GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis - Page 10 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Gabby the Nurburgring Challenge STi: Advan x Alcon x ARC x IAG x Ron Davis x Varis

Old 05-27-14, 03:48 PM   #91
PhotoWithArt
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: WRB Avant
Fav Mod: SuperPro, Cusco.
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

PhotoWithArt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Varis x ARC x Nexson Tails x IPF x Greddy x JPM - Alex Introduces...Gabby

you are such a bawler
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-14, 04:25 PM   #92
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Varis x ARC x Nexson Tails x IPF x Greddy x JPM - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoWithArt View Post
you are such a bawler
Lol you're the man Arthur!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-02-14, 11:35 AM   #93
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Varis x BT Aero x ARC x Nexson Tails x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Update Time!!!

Well today was pretty awesome! I received one of the nicest looking front lips for the STi from one of the best shops selling Subaru parts! Today marks the day that my Blacktop Aero Carbon Fiber Front Lip came in, which I purchased from HPT Motorsports. Again,
before I show the pics, I would like to give yet another review on my experience with [email protected]

Eric as you may or may not know works at HPT Motorsports. I am going to be very clear and straight-to-the-point with this statement...if you are looking for the ultimate buying experience, please check out HPT Motorsports and get in touch with Eric. Eric is definitely in the top running for people whom I've had to deal with in the buying process, and there is nothing more that consumers (like you reading this and myself included) want more than to be treated very special (almost tailored to your character) and given complete attention when ordering. Now I understand that some people just want to buy parts, receive them and be done with that transaction, but let me tell you that there's more to it than just buying parts; to me, it's about building strong relationships with people who share similar interests and to be on a personal/friend level. And with that, as I have mentioned before, I'm very happy to have made a great friend out of this process!

Quality: 10/10 ...Extremely glossy and smooth, perfect condition, top-quality carbon fiber!
Turnaround: 5/5 ...The product was stuck in U.S Customs coming from Blacktop Aero overseas for a week and a bit. But once it arrived in the BT Aero U.S. facility, it took 2 days to arrive to my front door. Thanks so much Eric!
Communication: 10/10 ...Thank-you so much Eric for your exceptional service with your constant follow-ups with Blacktop Aero and writing very detailed messages to me explaining what was going on throughout the entire process.
Shipping/Packaging: 5/5 ...Shipping as mentioned before was very quick. There were no dents, rips/tears in the packaging. The package came with fragile stickers which gives me a state of mind that they should have been handled carefully. Lo and behold, two UPS gentlemen arrived carefully handing me over the lip. The packaging was also very neatly packaged, with multiple layers of protection to ensure that my front lip would not be damaged during transit.
Overall Experience: 10/10 ...Until the next order Eric, thanks so much for yet another great experience!

Enjoy the pics everyone:

Another teaser of what is to come with my exterior (just waiting on my Varis CF Exhaust Shields). I will very shortly be going to Auto-Links to get my front lip and the diffuser side extensions wrapped in Avery Nano Fusion PPF Film to protect it from rock chips, swirls, etc.

Stay tuned!

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-10-18 at 07:17 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-14, 11:53 AM   #94
Alex
Authorized Vendor
Feedback Score: 17 reviews

Fav Mod: Driver Edu
My Subaru Parts for sale

Alex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Varis x BT Aero x ARC x Nexson Tails x IPF x Greddy - Alex Introduces...Gabby

Great update!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-02-14, 01:52 PM   #95
STi Addict
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: Turning the key over
My Subaru Parts for sale

STi Addict is a glorious beacon of lightSTi Addict is a glorious beacon of lightSTi Addict is a glorious beacon of lightSTi Addict is a glorious beacon of lightSTi Addict is a glorious beacon of light

nice
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-14, 06:40 PM   #96
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Today was such an awesome day! I headed to Advance Power House (APH for short) to get my Blacktop Aero Front Lip & Side Skirt Extensions installed. The owner of the shop is Brian, and he is a very very close friend to one of my best friends Cosimo who also has an STi (fully-built and strictly a race-car). I have heard really good things from Cosimo and some of my other friends about the work that Brian does, so although it was somewhat of a long drive, I wanted my car to be worked on by the best, and for that reason, I came to see Brian.

Before I post pics and the overall review, just some background info on Brian and APH. Brian has tons of experience with cars, from basic street cars to race-cars, not to mention he owns one of the coolest looking, strongest performing Mitsubishi Evo's in Canada. The shop that Brian runs (APH) just relocated to a new facility that has a very large waiting room, and 2 garage bays with plenty of room and hoists to work on many cars. Not only was the facility large, but most importantly, you can tell how good a shop is by how clean it is. Let me tell you guys, I came towards the evening today, and everything was neatly organized and not dirty whatsoever! APH offers plenty of services including dyno tuning, performance mod installations, and much much more!
If you are in the GTA or very close by, check them out for the ultimate performance shop experience! Here's the link to the Advance Power House site and their Facebook page...
APH Dyno | Car Tuning, Auto Services
Advance Powerhouse (APH) - Home | Facebook

Ok so enough with the background, lets get into the review of [email protected]

Quality of the Install: 10/10 ...My parts were handled with extreme care, nothing was damaged during the install, car was safely lifted on the hoist, parts were very steady and showed no signs of movement after the install was complete
Turnaround: 5/5 ...The process took 2 hours worth of labor to install, and Brian's rates are extremely fair, given that they are the top shop in the GTA.
Communication: 10/10 ...Brian carefully explained what was happening throughout the process, and he was very clear and to the point when I asked him certain questions. During the telephone calls, Brian was a real pleasure to deal with. Very kind, courteous and straightforward guy! What was very important that I actually really valued, especially from a business owner like myself's standpoint is that today first thing in the morning, Brian called to confirm that I was ok to come in today. It's so important to follow up with your clients, because if Brian weren't to follow up, and I just didn't happen to show up, that would mean he doesn't have a job, which could have been booked for another car to come in. On a side-note, it's very nice to see businesses do these little things, because it really makes it clear that their time is just as important as my time!

Overall Experience: 10/10 ...I want to give a special thank-you to [email protected], Brian's dad [email protected] for keeping me company and enlightening me about how awesome China is (I'm dying to very soon go on a trip to the East ), and most importantly, thank-you very very much Brian for your attention to detail and special care for the installation of my parts, but most importantly, thanks for treating me like I've been a customer of yours for years, I know our friend-base is very close, but I want you to know that out of this process, I made such a great friend. I can't wait for my Varis Exhaust Shields to come in so that I can send some more business your way!

Enjoy the pics everyone, and ALSO, please note that Auto-Links did a custom install on my front grill by wrapping the bottom portion of the grill in Gloss Black. Stay tuned for a review on that, and also a review on Auto-Links wrapping my lip and side skirts in the Avery Nano Fusion Paint Protection Film (PPF):

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-10-18 at 07:33 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-20-14, 09:47 AM   #97
icedcoco
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2014 WRX Premium SWP
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

icedcoco is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great. Plus I enjoy reading your review of the shop, work done, customer service, etc.

Old 06-21-14, 08:56 PM   #98
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Good morning everyone...here's a sneak peak of what happened Thursday night at Auto-Links in Toronto Stay tuned for the full write-up and review of what I had done at Auto-Links

P.S., mine is the bottom-right one

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-10-18 at 07:36 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-22-14, 12:37 PM   #99
ReiDetailing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Update Time!!!

Back on Thursday that just passed, I made a trip down to my friends at Auto-Links to get the Blacktop Aero Front Lip & Side Skirts, and Varis CF Rear Diffuser Extensions wrapped in the Avery Dennison Nano-Fusion PPF (Paint Protection Film). This was a custom job as there were no pre-cut templates for Steven and [email protected] to use. While people may think that this is overkill, my main priority is to protect this car from stone chips and to keep it in pristine shape, as again, I would like to keep this car for a very very long time. So keeping my CF Lip and Side Skirts and Rear Diffuser Extensions and perfect shape was the goal and I can happily say that they will never see a rock-chip...PERIOD!

For those of you who don't know, the day I got the car, I had it a few days after sent directly to Auto-Links in Scarborough (whom I'd never dealt with before) to get them to install this new ground-breaking PPF that lots of people were talking about on the detailing forums, along with my Formula1 Tint, which is exclusive to them solely in my area. After the job that John, Steven, Cody and Benny did on my car, along with how great of friends they've been to me, I am and always will be a loyal customer to Auto-Links. I cannot speak highly enough about them, as there is so much to say about the quality of their work, their professionalism, and their drive to maintain their reputation as the best shop in the GTA for the services they offer!

Also while I was there, I had an idea that I'd like Steven to try...this mod was inspired by one of my favorite build threads on this site, and that is from IWSTI Member: Januch09.
I loved what he did with his front grill by getting the bottom portion professionally painted Gloss Black, however after calling one of the top Autobody shops in the GTA, I was blown away that it'd cost $500 roughly to do. That is why I turned to [email protected] to perform a Gloss Black vinyl wrap on my grill. [email protected] did a very careful and safe removal of the front grill with the bumper still on the vehicle, and Steven did an exceptional job carefully removing each part of the grill for a perfectly hidden vinyl-job...seriously, you wouldn't even be able to tell it was wrapped

Again, before I post the pics, here is a non-biased review of my experience at Auto-Links:

Quality: 10/10 ...The quality of the PPF and vinyl install for my Lip, Side Skirts, Diffuser Extensions, and Front Grill were done so well and cut perfectly that you wouldn't be able to tell that it was even there. Auto-Links even let me come in yesterday to have an inspection to make sure the work was done perfectly!
Turnaround: 5/5 ...I want to give a special thank-you to Auto-Links for this category, especially because around this time of year, they are fully booked for a few months ahead of now. John and Steven did a very special favor by squeezing me in after-hours to perform these jobs for me (because they knew how OCD and paranoid I'd be if my car was not protected). I sincerely want to say how grateful I am that you guys took the time out of your evening to do this for me, especially because I know you have families to go back home to right after work, so thank-you very much guys!
Communication: 10/10 ...I was told what was to be done for this custom job in a very clear and simple to understand manner, along with updates as how the progress was coming along!
Overall Experience: 10/10 ...I can't say enough great things about these guys. I refer all of my friends to Auto-Links consistently because these guys are the definition of what a shop should be...outstanding customer service, top-quality installs with serious attention-to-detail, and a genuine passion in cars. If you are meticulous about your car and want only the best hands working on your car, check out Auto-Links below!
Auto-Links : Toronto Tint, Window Films, Alarms, Stereo
Auto-Links - Home | Facebook
Auto-Links - Scarborough - Scarborough, ON | Yelp

Enjoy the pics everyone, and also note that while at Auto-Links, I got a few other friends with their STi's and we had a nice meetup:

**Avery Dennison Nano-Fusion being printed/cut

**Steven taking measurements

**John getting low to apply a full coverage install of Avery Dennison Nano-Fusion on my Blacktop Aero Side Skirts

**Steven working his magic and carefully installing the Nano-Fusion on my Blacktop Aero Front Lip

**Action shot of Steven's full coverage install of the PPF

**All done!!

**A shot of the Varis Rear Diffuser Side Extensions wrapped perfectly in Avery Dennison Nano-Fusion. Thanks again for this custom job Steven! Picture was taken at home btw.

**Stock grill...notice the bottom portion how it comes grey from stock...It seriously looks like Subaru forgot about the bottom portion of the grill

**Close-up of the grey

**After Cody removed the grill, Steven carefully removed it piece by piece for full coverage of the vinyl wrap (Nothing but the best attention to detail from Auto-Links).

**Steven doing his thing!

**After-shot...WOW!!!

**Some shots with my friends (pictures were taken inside of Auto-Links)

Special shout-out goes to [email protected], I had an Exhaust leak which really affected the sound of my Greddy exhaust, so I took it directly to Brian yesterday and he was able to fix the problem, and now it sounds like it should have again Thank-you Brian for your help! Here's a link to APH's site...
APH Dyno | Car Tuning, Auto Services

Last edited by ReiDetailing; 01-10-18 at 08:00 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-23-14, 01:22 PM   #100
Nexson
Account Inactive
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Nexson is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking good brother, things are coming along!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement