GR Hatch: Giulia I've Wanted You For 10 Years - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Giulia I've Wanted You For 10 Years
Giulia I've Wanted You For 10 Years
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Giulia I've Wanted You For 10 Years

Old 08-02-13, 07:19 PM   #1
Toivonen
Super Moderator
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 2013 STi Hatch
Fav Mod: Wicked Performance Group, Killer B stuff, RCE 3w Clubsport Coilovers, 13:1 rack, alignment, bushings
My Subaru Parts for sale

Toivonen will become famous soon enoughToivonen will become famous soon enough
Default Giulia I've Wanted You For 10 Years

This year marked a wonderful transition when I finally was able to purchase my own car, a 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. From even before Subaru started to import turbocharged vehicles into the United States, I was well aware of what the old Impreza GT's, the light, 2750lb Acura NSX killer could do from travels in Europe. You always knew one was approaching from the audible boxer rumble, often closing quick too.

Subaru first caught my eye in 2001 when it started selling the WRX to our shores; it was a neat car, but it had flaws. When, 2 years later the STi arrived, I immediately knew that was the car I always wanted to have in all of its capacities. Sadly, the situation of my life did not allow for me to buy one, a situation made almost totally unbearable by the fact that I had tried GD STi's through the years and found them to be overall the most tractable, streetable, fun sort of car that you could use to rip snort your way through the gaps in traffic on your daily commute.

10 years later, the dream is finally mine. A relative crashed the old car we were sharing; it still runs and has been assigned winter car/total beater status because it really was never the same, and badly so after that accident where I was in the car. The demands on my life meant that I no longer wanted to play musical chairs having to beg, make sure I could have a car and have to wake up or go to inconvenient places to meet up with the wife or other relatives or friends for a ride or a car if I wanted to take the kids on an outing. Certainly having less cars than people is one way to save money, but at what cost? Sheesh, staring down 40 I was too old, and had too much money to have to slum it like hat. Enough!

With a family, I was looking for a car that was fun to drive, at least somewhat practical, roomy in the inside, but not too big, and above all, with a manual transmission. A rolling multimedia machine was of no interest; if it lacked bluetooth, Apple or smart-product connectivity, internet and those stupid back seat TV's, so much the better. But it had to be fun, so.... I got my STi. When my old car kept disappointing me, one day I finally said fuck it, and I drove to the dealer after having looked for one. There were only two brand new STi's within hundreds of miles, and there was a dealer not a dozen miles from my house with one. I called them, advised them of my interest, and went right after work. I wrote a check for 2/3s of the value of the car not sure if I would trade in my old one (I ended up keeping it as a beater) and went home anxiously awaiting preparation, a few options and delivery.

It was hard to sleep at night waiting to take delivery, really. I had been waiting 10 years of my life to finally own an STi; back in the day I promised to myself that one day I would have one, I couldn't believe it was finally here.

Many of my friends knew of my like for the STi and asked if I would name it. For a while I would say "I'll just call it the STi". But with the passing of time, I decided to name it after a woman that just like the STi, was equally the fancy of my fantasies and desires for a decade, and since there was another very cool car by this name, I christened "the STi" as "Giulia".

Here are photos on the day I took delivery. I had a shit eating grin from ear to ear; my wife had given me a ride, I could hardly contain my excitement.
Attached Thumbnails
Giulia I've Wanted You For 10 Years-sti1-jpg   Giulia I've Wanted You For 10 Years-sti2-jpg  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-13, 07:19 PM   #2
Toivonen
Super Moderator

Fav Mod: Wicked Performance Group, Killer B stuff, RCE 3w Clubsport Coilovers, 13:1 rack, alignment, bushings
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Giulia I've Wanted You For 10 Years

reserved
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-13, 07:20 PM   #3
Toivonen
Super Moderator

My Subaru Parts for sale

in waiting for full post
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-13, 07:41 PM   #4
msalvas
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Car: 2013 WRB STi hatch
Fav Mod: Flossy boo berry shift knob
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

msalvas is an unknown quantity at this point

is that a fucking man purse???
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-13, 08:39 PM   #5
BlobEyeGuy
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: 05 Aspen White STi
Fav Mod: ...Pick 1?
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlobEyeGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Giulia I've Wanted You For 10 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalvas View Post
is that a fucking man purse???
Umm no. It's a hanging fanny pack for men, aka the hanging manny; and its a testosterone filled monster truck loving place where men put all of their most precious and manliest things.... Like chapstick, and gum, and anything else the wife tells you to "don't lose this like you did with the other one"

Geez. This guy. A man purse, hahahah.

Seriously though, that is a camera bag, right?
Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-13, 08:57 PM   #6
msalvas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlobEyeGuy View Post
Umm no. It's a hanging fanny pack for men, aka the hanging manny; and its a testosterone filled monster truck loving place where men put all of their most precious and manliest things.... Like chapstick, and gum, and anything else the wife tells you to "don't lose this like you did with the other one"

Geez. This guy. A man purse, hahahah.

Seriously though, that is a camera bag, right?

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-13, 09:06 PM   #7
qingshan
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Car: CGM Fo/SWP Sti 06/12
Fav Mod: autodim
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

qingshan is on a distinguished road

Hey, even if it were, he drives an Sti - all else is forgiven (unless he abuses his wife, his car or drives like a DB)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-13, 09:22 PM   #8
Dchee
Super Sakura Dominator
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: '06 AW STi
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dchee is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice bag and sense of fashion. Now show your pretty face.

Oh, nice STI too.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-13, 09:32 PM   #9
msalvas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by qingshan View Post
Hey, even if it were, he drives an Sti - all else is forgiven (unless he abuses his wife, his car or drives like a DB)

ehhh... idk if I could hang or wrench with a guy that wore boat shoes and toted a fucking fashion statement around on his shoulder lol
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-13, 09:56 PM   #10
five0three
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 13 GR
Fav Mod: all the rattles ive added
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

five0three is an unknown quantity at this point

i like what has happened in here