GR Sedan: New pictures last page w/ penny vein powdercoat 18x10 +38 RPF1 - Page 15 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
New pictures last page w/ penny vein powdercoat 18x10 +38 RPF1
New pictures last page w/ penny vein powdercoat 18x10 +38 RPF1
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: New pictures last page w/ penny vein powdercoat 18x10 +38 RPF1

Old 03-25-14, 06:48 PM   #141
DanielC409
Donating Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

DanielC409 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Back in the game folks, RPF1's, whiteline, Swift .. ordered! Moved to Tennesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon View Post
nice ive got a PBP sti also...im running the same wheels but in black and a 3mm spacer as well as same wheels studs and lugs (neo)..youll love it, very aggressive. sits so nice
Cool, got any pictures of those wheels? I thought about getting black but decided against it. I'd really love gold if they made them in this size.

I should start getting stuff in some time next week.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-14, 05:40 PM   #142
DanielC409
Donating Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: E85 prepped ;) HKS headers uppipe, 485LPH pump, TSM 1150 injectors ..

Been awhile since I've updated this thing or have done anything to the ride until recently.

I worked with T3h_clap and TopSpeed motorsports and got some goodies installed finally. Of course I'm shy on pics right now due to the weather being rainy the past week or so.

But as of right now, I got my custom powdercoated Enkei RPF1's 18x10 +38 installed wrapped with Bridgestone RE760 265/35's. I also got some suspension stuff put on .. swift spec r springs, whiteline comp c tophats, whiteline 24/22 swaybars and endlinks.

Performance wise, I recently installed HKS EL headers w/ uppipe, perrin turbo inlet, walbro 480LPH E85 fuel pump and TopSpeeds 1150 topfeed injectors.

This past week I made it out to TopSpeed to finally get tuned. They installed the injectors and pump while I installed the rest myself. I have a 93 tune and currently on a custom E85 tune until I get enough of it through the system to get the final tune on the 24th.

The dyno numbers at the moment on the 93 are 309 whp and 343 wtq. From the pull he did on the custom E85 is 333 whp and 394 wtq. I'd expect those numbers on the final E85 tune to be a little different but we'll see. Not even sure of the PSI on either, I didn't ask, I didn't do much talking .. just a quiet guy heh but I'll find out when I'm there again and get all the specifics and hopefully a more detailed graph and what not.

The EL headers completely change the sound of the car in my opinion. Doesn't sound as grumpy but it does still sound mean. It's still pretty loud though due to the P&L exhaust. So far I'm very happy with the way it's turned out. Definitely looking forward to the final tune so I know she'll be good and happy.

I'm at about 25k miles or so .. pretty low for being 3+ years old heh. I don't do much driving but it is my daily.

Hopefully when the weather clears up, I can get her all cleaned up and take some noob pictures. I'll try and get my journal all sorted out and updated as well.

Next up on the list will be some gauges and an AOS. I gotta start buckling down on the spending because I'm hopefully going to start school in the fall .. yay!

Like I said, I don't have hardly any photos but here is one sitting on the dyno and some other randoms:

When I was installing the extended studs for the front, I noticed a little grease oozing from my axle boots but I didn't think much of it. A few weeks later I started hearing a bunch of noise from the front end when turning etc and grease on my wheels .. got her up on ramps and I find a mess! Luckily I went to the dealer to have them check it out and got both the axles replaced under warranty. I'm not sure what caused it, not sure if it was something I did or what.

Last edited by DanielC409; 06-13-14 at 05:43 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-16-14, 01:54 PM   #143
[email protected]
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Mike@TopSpeed is on a distinguished road
Default Re: E85 prepped ;) HKS headers uppipe, 485LPH pump, TSM 1150 injectors ..

Daniel - I just found your build thread here.

Thank you again for the business and coming all the way down for the tune - we greatly appreciate it!

Enjoy the car for a bit and then we'll see what the final numbers look like
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-14, 05:57 PM   #144
DanielC409
Donating Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Indeed Mike .. after all the threads I hear about driving on a fully built motor .. makes me want to drop a lot on a built motor .. perhaps when I get a job .. I'll get yall to build me a motor some time in the future. One day ..
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-27-14, 01:39 PM   #145
DanielC409
Donating Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Here are a few pictures of the new wheels mounted ( sorry I'm no photographer so no super awesome dslr pictures heh )! I'd like it dropped a little more, but I'd have to go with coilovers .. that'll be a future mod for sure. I think I need to tuck in the front a little bit, they stick out a tiny bit more than the front but it's not too obvious.

Last edited by DanielC409; 06-27-14 at 01:45 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-27-14, 03:42 PM   #146
Dspin_1080
Advanced Mastery Level IV
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Carless
Fav Mod: Would rather answer a quantum physics question...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dspin_1080 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New pictures last page w/ penny vein powdercoat 18x10 +38 RPF1

Wheel fitment is dead on

Love it !
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-27-14, 03:48 PM   #147
DanielC409
Donating Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Thanks much! I rolled the fenders myself .. first time ever doing it. The first one came out a little wavy on the fender but the second one turned out nice. I guess they sort of got pulled as well, haven't rubbed yet but I'm only on swift springs.

Big thanks to T3h_clap for all the help and goodies!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-30-14, 09:40 PM   #148
ildknyli
Contributor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: SWP 14 STi
Fav Mod: Corsa Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ildknyli is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielC409 View Post
Thanks much! I rolled the fenders myself .. first time ever doing it. The first one came out a little wavy on the fender but the second one turned out nice. I guess they sort of got pulled as well, haven't rubbed yet but I'm only on swift springs.

Big thanks to T3h_clap for all the help and goodies!
Im about to roll my fenders. Any tips to prevent the waviness?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-02-14, 03:20 PM   #149
DanielC409
Donating Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ildknyli View Post
Im about to roll my fenders. Any tips to prevent the waviness?
Take your time, definitely use a heat gun but be aware how much heat you're applying .. if it's bubbling, it's obviously too much heh. I hear it's best to use a digital thermometer as well, I forget what they are called, the point and shoot ones.

I started in the middle and worked my way to each side. That's about all I really can say. You'll probably tear the paint bead, I left mine unfinished where it came off, I'll keep an eye on it to see if it rusts. If it does, probably just need a bottle of touch up paint or carefully use some sort of spray.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement