IW STi Forum banner

2011 DGM STi -> 2013 Audi A4 -> 2014 Audi S4

GR Hatch: 
46K views 176 replies 28 participants last post by  jjhoagland 
#1 · (Edited)
After owning her for 1 year:

The time has finally come and I have ordered a new STi just the way I want it. As I'm sure many of you out there have seen, the used market for them is so strong, that there are not many "deals" to be had on '08 or newer STi's... So after months and months and months of searching autotrader, craigslist, local and not-so-local dealer pages, I bit the bullet and ordered a 2011 DGM 5-Door STi from Huffman Subaru here in Kentucky. Robin was the sales manager that assisted me through everything, and I would highly recommend her to anyone. She was very very knowledgeable and promises frequent updates as the my order status/location.

Since I was 16 I have wanted an STi but they have always been way out of my price range. My first car was a '97 Celica GT, then a '97 Jeep Wrangler, '97 Honda Prelude (awesome car, did a lot to it), 2001 BMW 535i, 2007 350z, 2008 Civic Si, and finally my current car, a 2008 350z. This STi will be my first ever new car, and I am so glad I have been patient and saved for it. I have also had 5 motorcycles ('97 Honda NightHawk, '04 Yamaha F6, '04 Yamaha R6, '07 Yamaha R6 (Blue), and recently sold my '07 Yamaha R6 Raven).

I landed on DGM instead of SWP for the hatch, and I'm glad that was my final choice. If AW was still a color option, I would have jumped on it though...

I will be adding a ton of pictures as soon as my '11 arrives and update constantly from that point on. I have been searching the forums for what feels like forever, and couldn't be happier that I soon will officially be a part of the Subaru family =)

****UPDATE: as of Monday the dealership called me 3 days early and said my car had just arrived. When I went to pick it up, it was a 4 door, NOT THE 5-DOOR THAT I ORDERED!!!!! Subaru messed up big time because I saw the order form from the dealer and it clearly said 5-Door DGM. Long story short, they located a brand new hatch in Detroit, Michigan and overnighted it for me. They honored the base price even though this hatch has wheel locks and auto-dimming mirror. So happy that it's here now that I don't even care about the mix up. There is no possible way I could have waited another few months though... 11 miles on her when I pulled out of the lot!

(For some reason my 7 pictures are too big and I cannot resize... so added to Flickr!!!) Let me know what you all think, I'm beyond excited to FINALLY have my Subie =)

PICTURES:

Flickr: jjhoagland's Photostream

It's the fastest car I've ever been in and I couldn't be happier. I'm following strict break-in of shifting @ 4K RPMs or lower and see myself getting to that 1,000 mile mark in less than a week. I'm finding any excuse to run out for an errand or to just go drive because it's SO much better than my 350z and 1,000x more fun!

Attachments

See less See more
#155 ·
Re: 2011 DGM STi

Was pulling out the garage last night and there was oil everywhere underneath my car (27,000 miles on the clock, and last oil change was 1,400 miles ago). It was all over the underbody and all over the floor... Took it to the dealer this morning and apparently there was a recall on the last batch of Subaru oil filters. They swapped on a new one and topped off the oil and I was on my way. I was super worried for about 12 hours though!

Just something to ask about if any of you all notice oil leaking... glad she lives another day!

#156 ·
Was pulling out the garage last night and there was oil everywhere underneath my car (27,000 miles on the clock, and last oil change was 1,400 miles ago). It was all over the underbody and all over the floor... Took it to the dealer this morning and apparently there was a recall on the last batch of Subaru oil filters. They swapped on a new one and topped off the oil and I was on my way. I was super worried for about 12 hours though!

Just something to ask about if any of you all notice oil leaking... glad she lives another day!
Is there any way to identify the bad filters? I bought several a few weeks back and would like to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

#164 ·
Re: 2011 DGM STi

S4 didn't happen... just couldn't get to where I wanted to be on price.
Landed on a beautiful Ibis White 2013 A4 with AWD, 2.0T, Tan leather, Bluetooth & iPhone integration, heated seats, all weather mats, lighting package (led/HID headlights & led tails), 18" wheel upgrade, 3 year maintenance package, and sunroof.

She had 18 miles on the clock when I picked her up yesterday- 30mpg and it still feels plenty fast for the kind of driving I do. Bittersweet since Subie is gone, but it's super comfortable!

Already made a window tinting appt for tomorrow... I hate the fishbowl look. Stereo is awesome but I'm still putting in my single 12" sub.

#166 ·
Re: 2011 DGM STi --> 2013 Audi A4

Thanks! I've already put almost 500 miles on it in the last 7 days... I love it. I definitely miss the subie but this is great for my job.
What I miss most is the ridiculous rumble when I'd warm her up every morning- the neighbors don't miss it or my N1 exhaust though haha

#168 ·

2 weeks and 6 days of ownership and I get rear ended. The lady tried to run after she hit me... Myself and one other car pursued in chase and were able to corner her. Got the police to write up a report and $1,200 later from her insurance I will be getting a new bumper.
Always something fun!

On another note, my old STi sold for just under $30K from the dealership in case anyone is looking for comps. I miss it!

#170 ·

wow she tried to run? what was her excuse after you cornered her?
She just acted like she was so shaken up that she didn't remember running. The cop told me he thought maybe she was senile so who knows. My heart was pounding, I couldn't really believe it was happening and because of the rain my iPhone camera wouldnt focus on her license plate. So glad there was a red light to make her stop for a minute!

#171 ·

Word of advice... Don't ever go from an STi to an A4, even if it's brand new haha
I ordered a '14 Monsoon Grey S4 with the black optics package, smart key + push button start, 6 speed manual, and leather/black alcantra Recaro seats. Excited would be an understatement! It gets here 12/23. Pics to come

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.