GR Hatch: 2011 DGM STi -> 2013 Audi A4 -> 2014 Audi S4 - Page 12 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2011 DGM STi -> 2013 Audi A4 -> 2014 Audi S4
2011 DGM STi -> 2013 Audi A4 -> 2014 Audi S4
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: 2011 DGM STi -> 2013 Audi A4 -> 2014 Audi S4

Old 03-11-12, 10:20 AM   #111
mckenzie83
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 11 STi LTD (WRB)
Fav Mod: ETS GTX3076 \m/
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

mckenzie83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2011 DGM STi

I will have some pictures up for you later boss man, ride is looking good! I have some ridiculous plans for my car hahaha...long story though. I almost got rid of it to be a "grown up" and here I am in love with this car much too strongly to let her go. Have about a 6000.00 suspension list that will be worked on soon. Running a c65 DW pump right now still stock fuel system otherwise and about to get a tune up at Forged Performance. In the end it will be a fully built (probably sleeved) stoker, cammed, head job, oversized double sprung valves, probably up the compression ratio to around 8.8 or 9:1 and it should be fun. Going to rotate after all (AMS 750r kit) and run some AMR equal length headers. I have about a 25 thousand dollar to do list and I'm hoping to have it all wrapped up within 18 months or so...hopefully not too much longer if it winds up taking more time. I'll definitely look at brining the car up to KY as I will also be taking a long (no car work) vacation up to Boston and will likely be stationed somewhere out west by then. It's been a while man, glad to see you tripped 17k miles (I'm at 30k) and stop driving in "I" mode John! Hey I should have some good pics up later...going to take some with a few buddies here in a bit down here in GA.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-12, 11:40 AM   #112
threelete
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: '11 OBP Sti 5-door
Fav Mod: Grins. 420awhp/445awtq
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

threelete is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: 2011 DGM STi

Dude, Hoagland is the king Of " I"
Yawn mode!! Ha!! We are working on him
50 rpms at a time.

QUOTE=mckenzie83;3521665]I will have some pictures up for you later boss man, ride is looking good! I have some ridiculous plans for my car hahaha...long story though. I almost got rid of it to be a "grown up" and here I am in love with this car much too strongly to let her go. Have about a 6000.00 suspension list that will be worked on soon. Running a c65 DW pump right now still stock fuel system otherwise and about to get a tune up at Forged Performance. In the end it will be a fully built (probably sleeved) stoker, cammed, head job, oversized double sprung valves, probably up the compression ratio to around 8.8 or 9:1 and it should be fun. Going to rotate after all (AMS 750r kit) and run some AMR equal length headers. I have about a 25 thousand dollar to do list and I'm hoping to have it all wrapped up within 18 months or so...hopefully not too much longer if it winds up taking more time. I'll definitely look at brining the car up to KY as I will also be taking a long (no car work) vacation up to Boston and will likely be stationed somewhere out west by then. It's been a while man, glad to see you tripped 17k miles (I'm at 30k) and stop driving in "I" mode John! Hey I should have some good pics up later...going to take some with a few buddies here in a bit down here in GA.

[/QUOTE]
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-13-12, 02:20 PM   #113
jjhoagland
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: '11 DGM STi 5-Door
Fav Mod: COBB + AEM + N1
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

jjhoagland is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelete View Post
Dude, Hoagland is the king Of " I"
Yawn mode!! Ha!! We are working on him
50 rpms at a time.

QUOTE=mckenzie83;3521665]I will have some pictures up for you later boss man, ride is looking good! I have some ridiculous plans for my car hahaha...long story though. I almost got rid of it to be a "grown up" and here I am in love with this car much too strongly to let her go. Have about a 6000.00 suspension list that will be worked on soon. Running a c65 DW pump right now still stock fuel system otherwise and about to get a tune up at Forged Performance. In the end it will be a fully built (probably sleeved) stoker, cammed, head job, oversized double sprung valves, probably up the compression ratio to around 8.8 or 9:1 and it should be fun. Going to rotate after all (AMS 750r kit) and run some AMR equal length headers. I have about a 25 thousand dollar to do list and I'm hoping to have it all wrapped up within 18 months or so...hopefully not too much longer if it winds up taking more time. I'll definitely look at brining the car up to KY as I will also be taking a long (no car work) vacation up to Boston and will likely be stationed somewhere out west by then. It's been a while man, glad to see you tripped 17k miles (I'm at 30k) and stop driving in "I" mode John! Hey I should have some good pics up later...going to take some with a few buddies here in a bit down here in GA.

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on guys... just trying to make this thing last for the long haul haha- I've been known to venture in to S and S# at least a few times a day
Gary- your build sounds intense, make sure to document it so I can steal some cool ideas!
Brian- lunch again soon. Can't get enough of that new ELH setup you came home from TopSpeed with so I might be requesting another ride along!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-12, 04:25 PM   #114
threelete

Car: '11 OBP Sti 5-door
Fav Mod: Grins. 420awhp/445awtq
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

threelete is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just jealous you are smarter than me! Lunch soon! I'm heading to Cali Sunday. Go figure winter storm out there. Volk Rays???? Hmmmmm. How much $$ can I blow on this car. This is getting out of control. Ha!!

Oh come on guys... just trying to make this thing last for the long haul haha- I've been known to venture in to S and S# at least a few times a day
Gary- your build sounds intense, make sure to document it so I can steal some cool ideas!
Brian- lunch again soon. Can't get enough of that new ELH setup you came home from TopSpeed with so I might be requesting another ride along![/QUOTE]
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-23-12, 05:11 AM   #115
jjhoagland

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

500g Flossy Knob (6sp Redhead Shorty) has arrived... It's so awesome and heavy- over 1lb!
The feel is great, and the coating doesn't get hot in the sun, so all around it was a great pick up.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-23-12, 09:42 AM   #116
Zzyzx85
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Fav Mod: track time
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Zzyzx85 is an unknown quantity at this point

17k miles? get driving lol. I'm almost at 27k miles now lol.

indeed there was a late winter storm in So Cal this past weekend. Some of my friends and I decided to take advantage of that:

Another storm is headed this way this weekend and they want to go up again haha.

Don't EL headers on a GR make it a unique sounding beast? I love how mine sounds. Perhaps that's why Subaru went with the quad exhaust instead of a single for the GR.

mckenzie: I would suggest another company than AMR for headers. I'm friends with one of the techs at COBB SoCal who is doing an AMR install (FMIC, turbo, headers, turboback) on a '10 GR and he told me it's been a headache. Poor quality bends, parts not fitting correctly, and flanges are poorly welded. Perhaps Tomei instead?

Last edited by Zzyzx85; 03-23-12 at 09:45 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-23-12, 10:42 AM   #117
jjhoagland

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzyzx85 View Post
17k miles? get driving lol. I'm almost at 27k miles now lol.

indeed there was a late winter storm in So Cal this past weekend. Some of my friends and I decided to take advantage of that:

Another storm is headed this way this weekend and they want to go up again haha.

Don't EL headers on a GR make it a unique sounding beast? I love how mine sounds. Perhaps that's why Subaru went with the quad exhaust instead of a single for the GR.

mckenzie: I would suggest another company than AMR for headers. I'm friends with one of the techs at COBB SoCal who is doing an AMR install (FMIC, turbo, headers, turboback) on a '10 GR and he told me it's been a headache. Poor quality bends, parts not fitting correctly, and flanges are poorly welded. Perhaps Tomei instead?
You must live in that thing to have already put 27K on it haha that's 2k miles a month!
Love that first picture of the three subies in the snow... just living out what they're meant to do- glad yours is doing well.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-23-12, 11:58 AM   #118
Zzyzx85
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Fav Mod: track time
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Zzyzx85 is an unknown quantity at this point

sadly I pretty much do haha. Daily commute plus weekends trips = lots and lots of miles.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-29-12, 05:42 AM   #119
jjhoagland

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default 8th Oil Change

17,850 miles- 8th oil change this morning.
No oil loss, and the techs said everything is still looking healthy! If this motor goes, it's not going to be from a lack of fresh oil in there haha I'm averaging about 2,100 - 2,800 miles between changes.

She also got a fresh wax and detail at home to get ready for spring:
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-21-12, 12:04 PM   #120
jjhoagland

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got a quote Friday from TopSpeed for:
Invidia Catted DP
GrimmSpeed EBC
1-step colder iridium plugs
1000cc TopFeed injectors (for future E85 tune)
Aeromotive 340LPH fuel pump
93 tune
Crawford AOS

The only piece I'm not 100% sold on are the larger injectors... I may do smaller injectors and just not go E85.

Will hit 20,000mi later today and all is good so far! I need tires in the next ~4,000 miles or so, but everything else is holding up well. Updates hopefully will be soon to follow.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement