GR Hatch: Sabrewings' 2009 DGM STI (updated 05/27/2015, Gone but not forgotten) - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Sabrewings' 2009 DGM STI (updated 05/27/2015, Gone but not forgotten)
Sabrewings' 2009 DGM STI (updated 05/27/2015, Gone but not forgotten)
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: Sabrewings' 2009 DGM STI (updated 05/27/2015, Gone but not forgotten)

Old 08-16-10, 09:54 PM   #11
weaponstroop
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: all of them
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

weaponstroop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2009 Dark Grey Metallic STI - "Alli" (pic heavy), sways, protune, catback, etc

are you stationed at Barksdale? i was there until December '08. there werent to many Subies around when i got mine. i am diggin the reflective tape on the rear, i have a roll of that stuff that we use on our weapons boxes. good numbers to. i got 272whp/298wtq on a dynojet with a Perrin OTS stage 1 map and am looking at P&L or COBB Plano for a Protune afer i decide which TBE i want.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-10, 04:44 AM   #12
Sabrewings
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Fav Mod: 1 Meter Fuel Line
My Subaru Parts for sale

Sabrewings is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2009 Dark Grey Metallic STI - "Alli" (pic heavy), sways, protune, catback, etc

Yep, I'm stationed at barksdale. 96th AMU EW shop. I got the reflective tape from weapons support, actually. Flightline support wouldn't give up any.

There are a few 08+ Subies, but they're base Imprezas. There's an 04-05 WRX down by Hangar 11 (haven't met him) and at Fabrication flight there's a blue 05 STi but he just got it a few months ago and is still learning. Nice guy though. And finally my buddy (recently got out) has a 300WHP 04 WRX wagon with STI block swap. That's all I have noticed.

Try out the reflective tape. The reflectors just pop out and it's real easy to do. Search the GR-Exterior section for the post and there's more details.

Last edited by Sabrewings; 08-17-10 at 04:49 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-20-10, 06:22 AM   #13
Kilya
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

Kilya is on a distinguished road

Damn, nice tune on a basic stage 2. Hows the plano dyno compared to the old heart breaker? Do you have a base run? Gona double check the graphs in case I missed it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-10, 06:12 PM   #14
Sabrewings
Advanced Mastery Level V

My Subaru Parts for sale

Old heart breaker? Not sure I get the reference.

No base runs, though. I put down 291whp with the OTS Stage 2 v1.4 Cobb map and Calvin started working from there.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-13-10, 04:29 PM   #15
Sabrewings
Advanced Mastery Level V

My Subaru Parts for sale

Some regular maintenance the other day. Changed tranny and diff fluid at 20k miles. The tranny fluid seemed okay, see the below pictures of the magnet. But the diff fluid came out black! Definitely should be changed more often than Subaru suggests.

Also, not so recent but here are pictures from a recent full detail I did:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-13-10, 05:48 PM   #16
bonky
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

bonky is an unknown quantity at this point

What did you use for the detailing? Looks good. My rear diff fluid was pretty dark when I changed mine at 18k.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-13-10, 08:49 PM   #17
Sabrewings
Advanced Mastery Level V

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonky View Post
What did you use for the detailing? Looks good. My rear diff fluid was pretty dark when I changed mine at 18k.
See this thread, specifically post #8. Good discussion on it:

https://www.iwsti.com/forums/detailin...-car-wash.html
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-16-10, 04:48 PM   #18
Sabrewings
Advanced Mastery Level V

My Subaru Parts for sale

More updates! Hello AVIC X920BT.

And new tires. Sumitomo HTR ZIII's.

I decided to go out on a limb with these tires. They're not as expensive as other tires in the "Max Performance Summer" category, but a buddy of mine has them on his 04 WRX wagon that he's STI swapped and modded the hell out of. He does auto-x so he's definitely put them through their paces. I figured they can't be as bad as the stockers so I felt like giving them a shot.

Long story short, I love them! I had not realized how bad the stock Dunlops had gotten. The car was real darty (and not in a good way). It liked to follow ruts in the road fairly bad, and rode overly rough. They had about 21k miles on them. I put the Sumitomos on and man what a difference. The car rides much better and feels more stable. No more ridiculous road noise, no more rut following, and the dartiness was gone. The first 20 miles I wasn't sure how I felt about the change in the steering, but once I got used to it and pushed it to the limits I realized that it's a positive change. Instead of the car suddenly turning in as I turn the wheel I get a lot more specific input into just how I want it to turn in.

I've put them through the paces on tarmac, gravel, and in the rain and in every way they are superior to the stock tires, even when they were new.

So, a nice surprise for a great price! Are they the best out there? Not likely. But they're definitely one of the best bang for your buck tires out there. I recommend them to anyone not willing to shell out for the absolute best $200+ each tires.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-31-10, 04:35 PM   #19
Sabrewings
Advanced Mastery Level V

My Subaru Parts for sale

Finally got around to putting on my Whiteline rear sway mount braces. I got an impact for Christmas that has enough muscle, as my electric just didn't cut it when I put the sways in.

Car handles better now, with the braces being the only change. The subframe must definitely flex even if your mounts aren't bent (mine were still straight).
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-09-11, 05:25 PM   #20
Sabrewings
Advanced Mastery Level V

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Sabrewings' 2009 Dark Grey Metallic STI - "Alli"

Whilteline steering rack bushings installed! Can't believe I waited so long on these. They've been in the box for months.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement