GR Sedan: Midevil's 2k11 SWP WRX - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Midevil's 2k11 SWP WRX
Midevil's 2k11 SWP WRX
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: Midevil's 2k11 SWP WRX

Old 12-12-10, 08:15 AM   #51
Midevil
Creeper v.02
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Agency Power CBE!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Midevil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Midevil's 2k10 SSM - XMAS Coming.. What to get..??

TWM Short shifter, Kartboy Front Bushings, and Killer B White shift knob installed at IAG this past Friday. All I can say is WOW, the short shifter and bushings make a world of difference. The shifting is tight and short, the car seems like it has more power now.. Short Shifter gives a very solid feel that I would recommend for everyone to do. +1 for TWM Performance and +1 for IAG!

On a scarier note, it took me 30 minutes to get to IAG and 2 1/2 hours to get home. The snow came out of nowhere in Westminster on Friday, only about ~1 1/2 inch max. Well to make a long story short, Baltimore Blvd was creeping for like 7 miles so I decided to take a detour. (BIG MISTAKE) I wound up on some backroads with my stock dunlops, the roads were like ice with these ****ty tires lol. I was going down a hill on a backroad and I barely tapped the break then I lost all control. I was in a dead skid, went off the road to the right and into someones lawn barely missing their mailbox, then managed to pull left to get it back on the road. Scary experience, but all is ok just a minor scrape on the passenger rims. I am still going to brave it on dunlops for the winter, until I get my new rims this spring. Next year I am going to get rid of the Dunlops to dedicate my stock rims to winter wheels. Before you people say I don't know how to drive in the snow, I come from upstate new york and have plenty experience with it. I know how bad the GR sucks *** in snow with summer tires, because I never put winter tires on my 08 WRX when I had it too. +1 for ice skating in a Suby!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-10, 10:38 AM   #52
user1029
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: HTA86.
My Subaru Parts for sale

user1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud ofuser1029 has much to be proud of

scary
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-12-10, 01:28 PM   #53
cmiller219
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: 11 STi DGM Sedan
Fav Mod: Girl in Pass. seat
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

cmiller219 is an unknown quantity at this point

im not putting snow tires on either. they have stated that jan and feb will be above normal temps for that time of year. i don't think we will see much snow this year.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-10, 01:42 PM   #54
Zero000

Car: 11' DGM STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Zero000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midevil View Post
TWM Short shifter, Kartboy Front Bushings, and Killer B White shift knob installed at IAG this past Friday. All I can say is WOW, the short shifter and bushings make a world of difference. The shifting is tight and short, the car seems like it has more power now.. Short Shifter gives a very solid feel that I would recommend for everyone to do. +1 for TWM Performance and +1 for IAG!

On a scarier note, it took me 30 minutes to get to IAG and 2 1/2 hours to get home. The snow came out of nowhere in Westminster on Friday, only about ~1 1/2 inch max. Well to make a long story short, Baltimore Blvd was creeping for like 7 miles so I decided to take a detour. (BIG MISTAKE) I wound up on some backroads with my stock dunlops, the roads were like ice with these ****ty tires lol. I was going down a hill on a backroad and I barely tapped the break then I lost all control. I was in a dead skid, went off the road to the right and into someones lawn barely missing their mailbox, then managed to pull left to get it back on the road. Scary experience, but all is ok just a minor scrape on the passenger rims. I am still going to brave it on dunlops for the winter, until I get my new rims this spring. Next year I am going to get rid of the Dunlops to dedicate my stock rims to winter wheels. Before you people say I don't know how to drive in the snow, I come from upstate new york and have plenty experience with it. I know how bad the GR sucks *** in snow with summer tires, because I never put winter tires on my 08 WRX when I had it too. +1 for ice skating in a Suby!
I can confirm that the stock dunlops are extremely dangerous in snow/ice conditions. Didn't get my winter tires delivered on time due to (irony) snow so I had to brave snow/ice for 2 weeks on summer dunlops.

I did, however, learn very intricate details about how to manipulate the DCCD in snowy conditions though. I suppose that's one positive out of the hundreds of scary slide/no control situations I found myself in.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-12-10, 03:00 PM   #55
Midevil
Creeper v.02

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller219 View Post
im not putting snow tires on either. they have stated that jan and feb will be above normal temps for that time of year. i don't think we will see much snow this year.
Thats what they calling for. Winter was fun last year with the WRX on stockers, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero000 View Post
I can confirm that the stock dunlops are extremely dangerous in snow/ice conditions. Didn't get my winter tires delivered on time due to (irony) snow so I had to brave snow/ice for 2 weeks on summer dunlops.

I did, however, learn very intricate details about how to manipulate the DCCD in snowy conditions though. I suppose that's one positive out of the hundreds of scary slide/no control situations I found myself in.

What mode do you set your DCCD for in wintertime? Real men drive summers during the winter
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-20-10, 11:12 AM   #56
Midevil
Creeper v.02

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Midevil's 2k10 SSM - TWM Performance SS Installed

In lieu of leaving a floor mat at the car wash while vaccuming it.. I ordered some all weather subaru floor mats to replace my carpet mats. I also ordered some l33t sti valve stem caps and STI iphone cover for $3.75. Hopefully my valve stem caps don't get stolen once I get them, I have already had 5 caps stolen since I lived in Bmore..

I have decided to undergo an interior wrapping project. I am going to wrap all of the silver plastics in the car with red digital camo wrap. I have been deciding whether or not to do this for a while and I say what the hey its only 40 bucks. here is the design I will be using, ordered from metrorestyling.com

JPM Coachworks ebrake/shift boot installed pics will be up once wife gets home from a trip. GO JETS!!!! Beat the Steelers.. Woot!

Here is a IPhone Pic until I get ahold of the Canon.

Last edited by Midevil; 12-21-10 at 10:13 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-04-11, 03:12 PM   #57
cmiller219

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Midevil's 2k10 SSM - Interior Restyling Project to come!!! Check it out

dude i cant wait to see the digital wrap. when u gonna be home this week il stop by sometime u can check out the whip?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-05-11, 08:55 AM   #58
Midevil
Creeper v.02

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Midevil's 2k10 SSM - Interior Restyling Project to come!!! Check it out

I am going to be here thurs-sat all day probably. Good you can pick up that DP that is plaguing my closet.. I have the digital wrap, just havent got the nerve to break down the interior yet. haha.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-05-11, 10:02 AM   #59
cmiller219

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

i should stop by fri?

Last edited by cmiller219; 01-05-11 at 11:19 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-05-11, 01:42 PM   #60
Midevil
Creeper v.02

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller219 View Post
i should stop by fri?
Thats fine I will be home all day. I am still waiting on my R205 Badges to arrive, it has been forever and a day since they were ordered.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement