IW STi Forum banner

JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp

72K views 220 replies 37 participants last post by  JJBTEXAS 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to my Member Journal. Here I have logged (and will continue to log) the ups and downs of my STI ownership, where the car currently is, and where I hope it to be.

Engine:
Perrin Downpipe
X-Force Cat Back Exhaust
Crawford AOS V.2
AMR CAI
AMR TMIC Intercooler
GrimmSpeed EBCS
Cobb Tuning Flex Fuel Ethanol Sensor Kit
Cobb Tuning Flex Fuel Pressure Sensor Kit
Cobb Tuning Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit
Injector Dynamics 1050X
AEM E85 Fuel Pump
Cobb AP V3
tuned by EngineLogics

Suspension/Grip:
Stoptech SS Brake Lines
Stoptech PosiQuiet Brake Pads
EBC Ultimax Rotors
RCE/GTWork Shocks and Black Springs w/ Whiteline Com C Front Shock Mounts
Whiteline LCA
GT Works Rear Lower Control Arm
Whiteline 22mm rear adjustable sways
Whiteline 24mm front adjustable sways
Kartboy Endlinks
McGard Locking Lug Nut Kit Black 12x1.25
Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
General G-Max RS 265/35/18
Gram Lights 57CR 18x9.5 +38 5x114 Gold
fifteen52 Formula GT 18x8.5 +45 Outlaw Gold
Enkei PF01 18x9 +45

Exterior:
tint (needs to be redone)
Blacktop Aero Rear Diffuser
Seibon Carbon Spoiler

Subaru Sports Grille SWP (Was DGM)
STI S205 Badge
Hella Sharptones with Subiemod bracket
Nokya Yellow bulbs (headlights and fogs)
Valenti Jewel Taillights (Red/Clear)

Interior:
WC Lathe Werks Ti knob
SMY Cluster
AEM UEGO Failsafe Wideband AFR/Boost Gauge
AEM X-Series Oil Pressure Gauge 0-150psi
Prova steering wheel
Prova SI-Drive Dial
IDQ 10" in custom box
Pioneer Mono Channel

Tranny
Agency Pitch Stop
Perrin short-shifter and bushings

Thanks to:
Brad at EngineLogics

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP stage 2

yes i did it at the same time, this weekend actually :). If you get a dp with a cat and a more quiet muffler (megan's is quieter i think) it won't be too bad. My system isn't that loud though.
cool, thanks for the info :tup:

my current magnaflow catback is perfect on the sound level. trying to keep the same level because i live in CA and cops hassle you for everything :(

also, did you take off the stock heatshield over the DP or did you trim it?

#5 · (Edited)

I didn't have a grinding wheel to modify it so i left it off but i will put it back on when i install the new intercooler. If you do decide to go stage two i would suggest doing it with a perrin dp because you can but their stage two light package which gives you the dp and an accessport for $1000. This is assuming you don't already have stage 1:)

#8 ·

The car looks beautiful! Except the chrome grill looks out of place

#17 ·

The stage 2 map issue is a huge pain but i have faith COBB will figure out a solution soon :). Bought and installed a IDQ 10" last weekend and i'm not gonna lie it sounds awesome!! Anyways I was driving the other day and I ran into this cool church so i decided to stop and snap a pic.

so glad i got swp and gold :)
also found out the wastgate issue has to do with over boost. It got really cold down here and i think the car wasn't quite adjusted to it yet.

#25 ·

i got stuck with 1.03, i can load the new one as a runtime and i must say i really like 1.04 but i'll have to wait.

i didn't paint them its some weird "tip finisher" from the factory. i don't like it either but if i remove them it will leave holes :(

#117 ·

i got stuck with 1.03, i can load the new one as a runtime and i must say i really like 1.04 but i'll have to wait.

i didn't paint them its some weird "tip finisher" from the factory. i don't like it either but if i remove them it will leave holes :(
When I was shopping for my 2010, most of the STIs had the "exhaust finishers" already installed. I was told it was something that was installed in port when the cars got to this country if I remember correctly. It was an option, and I simply coudn't stomach them. I found it hard to believe that they would screw these things on, make holes in the back of the car, and hurt the car's look in my opinion to put it on the showroom floor, rather than leaving it as a dealer-only installed option. Anyway, your solution look really nice.

#27 ·

Thought i would give yall an update as it has been a while. I've decided to remove the N64 as it just took up space and wasn't played much. I met the guys of MDR tuning at the drag strip this weekend and i've decided to go to them for tuning. also got tint and the new perrin short shifter which is awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.