GR Hatch: JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp - Page 19 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp
JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp

Old 12-16-15, 07:03 PM   #181
JJBTEXAS
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 10, STI
Fav Mod: ProTune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JJBTEXAS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp

Update 12/16/2015... I GRADUATED!!!
It's been a long time coming but I finally graduated and have some time before I start working so Susie's getting a tune-up. I went through the front suspension over the last two days and installed the Whiteline steering rack bushing kit I bought some 4 years ago. I'm working with AST on getting the 4100s ready to finally go on as well. The coating on the front stay bar was flaking off in some areas so I pulled it off, stripped the flaking areas and cleaned the entire swaybar before giving it some fresh coats of enamel. Looks much better now and should prevent rust but I'll have to check on it after a few hundred miles to be sure. The Michelin tires are exhibiting a bit of dry rot... but they are about 4 years old at this point so it might be about time to replace them.

Still need to fix my boost gauge which has stopped working and do some other odds and ends but hopefully the car will be looking better soon after so much neglect. Also hoping to get a daily driver in the next year so we'll see how that goes.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-15, 08:44 AM   #182
ptr149
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ptr149 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on graduating, that's a great accomplishment.

How's the car running on the engine from EL?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-07-16, 06:02 PM   #183
JJBTEXAS

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Update 1/7/2016... I GOT A JOB!!!
Now, hopefully, I can spend a little more effort on the car. Got new tires today, same pilot super sports and also ordered up some rear brake disks and pads as they're both in serious need or replacing. She's coming along. Once I get the new brakes installed and get an alignment I'll work on freshening up the exterior a little bit. Some of the CF parts need to be cleaned up and there's some nicks in the paint.

Considering that new Chevy Bolt as a daily in a year or so, or a Fiat Spider Abarth (because that would be practical).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr149 View Post
Congrats on graduating, that's a great accomplishment. How's the car running on the engine from EL?
Really well, I've been very happy with the work Brad has done for me over the years.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-16, 08:03 AM   #184
JJBTEXAS

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Update 6/22/16 - New Part on Order
I've ordered the RCE/GTWorx shocks with RCE black springs to put on the car. I also ordered some Whiteline Com C Shock mounts to go along with. The BC coilovers appear to be on there last leg as one of them has started making an awful clunking noise at times and I believe another one is starting to as well. The AST 4100s that were going to go on the car will be stored away for now as I think a more stock style setup will be much better suited to my daily needs for right now. If/when the car moves the "track" status, it'll switch back to the AST 4100s.

I'm also working on retiring the sun destroyed seibon cf rear spoiler. That or having it painted, not sure. I'm thinking of trying to get a DGM spoiler to match my grill. I think that will look a lot better than a mismatched SWP :/

I'm also working on figuring out what I want to get in the future for a daily. I've contemplated a focus ST or fiesta ST, but i feel like having another hatchback is a bit dumb. Considering a convertible or coupe but that feels counter intuitive for daily status.

One idea is to get a 06-11 Civic sedan and put a Jackson Racing Supercharger kit on it. Then again, putting a $4500 kit on a $8000 car seems kinda ridiculous...

Let me know if yall have any ideas!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-16, 05:26 AM   #185
JJBTEXAS

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Update 7/7/16 - New Suspension bits!...
I installed the GTWorx Cup kit with black springs last night!! and now the car shimmies when I go over speed bumps... The car was not doing this before (same setup but with BC coilovers). I got the alignment as close as I could get it by eye and will taking it in to get an alignment after work. I'm really hoping that will solve the issue because I have no idea what else it could be. If it's still doing it on my way back from the alignment I'll put her on the lift and double check the everything again.

Last edited by JJBTEXAS; 07-07-16 at 05:29 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-16, 05:34 AM   #186
BJJMark95
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: Turn in Concepts & E85
My Subaru Parts for sale

BJJMark95 will become famous soon enoughBJJMark95 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBTEXAS View Post
Update 6/22/16 - New Part on Order
I've ordered the RCE/GTWorx shocks with RCE black springs to put on the car. I also ordered some Whiteline Com C Shock mounts to go along with. The BC coilovers appear to be on there last leg as one of them has started making an awful clunking noise at times and I believe another one is starting to as well. The AST 4100s that were going to go on the car will be stored away for now as I think a more stock style setup will be much better suited to my daily needs for right now. If/when the car moves the "track" status, it'll switch back to the AST 4100s.

I'm also working on retiring the sun destroyed seibon cf rear spoiler. That or having it painted, not sure. I'm thinking of trying to get a DGM spoiler to match my grill. I think that will look a lot better than a mismatched SWP :/

I'm also working on figuring out what I want to get in the future for a daily. I've contemplated a focus ST or fiesta ST, but i feel like having another hatchback is a bit dumb. Considering a convertible or coupe but that feels counter intuitive for daily status.

One idea is to get a 06-11 Civic sedan and put a Jackson Racing Supercharger kit on it. Then again, putting a $4500 kit on a $8000 car seems kinda ridiculous...

Let me know if yall have any ideas!
I daily a Fiesta ST and its glorious. 30 MPG is amazing. However - they are VERY hard to find used around Texas. I searched for probably 4-5 months and had to go to San Antonio to get mine. However I also was very picky and only wanted one with the Recaro Seats...

As for the suspension - are you sure you put everything on them back the proper way? Washers? The top perch set in the proper orientation? Did you impact them down to the German torque spec of "GoodNTight"?

Last edited by BJJMark95; 07-07-16 at 05:38 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-16, 05:41 AM   #187
JJBTEXAS

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJMark95 View Post
I daily a Fiesta ST and its glorious. 30 MPG is amazing. However - they are VERY hard to find used around Texas. I searched for probably 4-5 months and had to go to San Antonio to get mine. However I also was very picky and only wanted one with the Recaro Seats...
I love the Fiesta ST but a good one will probably be out of my range for a while longer.
Quote:
As for the suspension - are you sure you put everything on them back the proper way? Washers? The top perch set in the proper orientation with it leaning outwards a la the high point of the perch is towards the inside of the car and the low point towards the outside? Did you impact them down to the German torque spec of "GoodNTight"?
No leftover parts and I double checked everything, though it's always possible I missed something. Believe it or not I actually used a torque wrench haha.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-16, 05:43 AM   #188
BJJMark95
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: Turn in Concepts & E85
My Subaru Parts for sale

BJJMark95 will become famous soon enoughBJJMark95 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBTEXAS View Post
I love the Fiesta ST but a good one will probably be out of my range for a while longer.

No leftover parts and I double checked everything, though it's always possible I missed something. Believe it or not I actually used a torque wrench haha.
Ya I went and negotiated on my ST. It was at a small private resale dealer... But it still had the Ford Factory B2B ... I think IIRC I negotated it down to $20K out the door... And some how managed 2.1% financing from the bank prior to going in. Car had like 22k miles on it I thinK?

Hahahah I have learned for suspension parts like that - a good impact on it will get it safe and sound. Anything connecting wheels to the car or motor parts I torque down properly.

Here is a pic for orienation purposes. Pay attention to the top perch as they are orientated a certain way and not universal in direction:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-16, 06:01 AM   #189
JJBTEXAS

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

That's a pretty good deal!

Yeah I fiddled around with trying to figure that out forever. I ended up finding that same diagram on a subaru parts website. It's one of those things that is obvious once you figure it out, but leaves you second guessing yourself till then. If i remember correctly, there is a hole in the perch that kind of helps with the orientation.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-08-16, 04:49 AM   #190
JJBTEXAS

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

[/url]

The alignment fixed the shimmie issue, but for some reason he couldn't get the rear camber set right without throwing the toe off... Luckily I had Firestone lifetime so I didn't have to pay for it. Now I just need to find a good shop to help me figure that out. Anyone have any suggestions for a good alignment shop in Houston for this kind of stuff?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement