GR Hatch: JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp - Page 14 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp
JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp

Old 03-02-11, 12:25 PM   #131
WhiteHawkSTi
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

WhiteHawkSTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP Pro-tuned and rollin on Enkeis

Understandable! Love the paint & rim combo
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-11, 03:04 PM   #132
JJBTEXAS
Advanced Contributor Level 4

Car: 10, STI
Fav Mod: ProTune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JJBTEXAS is an unknown quantity at this point

Update 3/2/2011

Ok so had the car on BCs for a couple days and thought I'd give y'all a quick review.

Install: A
First off, installation. Obviously this is going to be roughly the same for every setup but i do have a few notes. First off when your getting ready to do the install i suggest you have a good impact gun and a butane torch. The bolts that attach the arm to the strut in the rear is a PITA. Also, when ordering the coilovers don't get the extenders for the rear as they are completely useless in the hatch. Other than those gripes the install was pretty painless and nothing out of the ordinary. I would suggest being careful though so that you don't scratch the paint. I'm afraid if you scratch the paint the strut may rust. I wish they were stainless like the Eibachs but oh well.

Adjustability: B+
These coilovers are very easy to adjust. I've already adjusted the height twice since original install and I can do it in 30min by myself. Currently I have the car sitting 14.5cm off the ground because the lip scraped too much but if I had a smaller lip I could probably set it to 13cm, but I would suggest starting at 14cm.

Ride: B+
When set to full soft they ride similarly to my old RCE blacks. At full hard... well lets just say I now have a great understanding of just how uneven the streets of Houston are.

Price: A+
You definitely get way more than you pay for these guys.

Overall I would give them an A-. Best coilovers for the price for sure. If you have any question just let me know.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-02-11, 11:18 PM   #133
ASHRAF
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

ASHRAF is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBTEXAS View Post
Update 3/2/2011

Ok so had the car on BCs for a couple days and thought I'd give y'all a quick review.

Install: A
First off, installation. Obviously this is going to be roughly the same for every setup but i do have a few notes. First off when your getting ready to do the install i suggest you have a good impact gun and a butane torch. The bolts that attach the arm to the strut in the rear is a PITA. Also, when ordering the coilovers don't get the extenders for the rear as they are completely useless in the hatch. Other than those gripes the install was pretty painless and nothing out of the ordinary. I would suggest being careful though so that you don't scratch the paint. I'm afraid if you scratch the paint the strut may rust. I wish they were stainless like the Eibachs but oh well.

Adjustability: B+
These coilovers are very easy to adjust. I've already adjusted the height twice since original install and I can do it in 30min by myself. Currently I have the car sitting 14.5cm off the ground because the lip scraped too much but if I had a smaller lip I could probably set it to 13cm, but I would suggest starting at 14cm.

Ride: B+
When set to full soft they ride similarly to my old RCE blacks. At full hard... well lets just say I now have a great understanding of just how uneven the streets of Houston are.

Price: A+
You definitely get way more than you pay for these guys.

Overall I would give them an A-. Best coilovers for the price for sure. If you have any question just let me know.
They definitely are a great bang for the buck, but having had them for 20k, and then going with a monotube setup, I gotta say that the ride in my eye went from B+ to maybe a B- or a C+

The car was never tracked, but she was taken for a spirited weekend trip to Tail of The Dragon, and that's when the performance just wasn't as good as I hoped for, my biggest negative was how they acted after hitting bumps on the road, especially when they are in the middle of a turn.

Given that neither of my cars had proper suspension tuning, but I'll be taking my STi to vorshlag to tune it up after I'm done installing my suspension parts, and I hope that I'll be feeling much better dumping money on these AST's

Enjoy the awesome setup man, your car is coming along nicely, and if you ever wanna get rid of those Enkeis, I may snatch them up

-AJ
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-11, 07:29 AM   #134
JJBTEXAS

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I can certainly see where you're coming from, guess I will have to test it for myself. Don't get your hopes up but if I do sell them I will definately let you know first

Last edited by JJBTEXAS; 03-03-11 at 07:42 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-07-11, 05:26 PM   #135
JJBTEXAS

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quick question for y'all. I want roughly 350-400whp but can't decide what option is the best. I also want to keep spool under 4k. I'm not a huge fan of meth and the availability of E85 is questionable where I'm moving. This is a list of turbos I've come up with. Obviously the range is quite large cause i honestly have no clue right now. The turbo would go on with the rest of the mods in the "Power" section on my first post (for convenience i'll post those here as well). Anyways feel free to pic one of these or post another option. As a side note the dyno i run on reads low.

Blouch 20G-XT
Blouch 2.5XT-R
Blouch 3.0XT-R
FP HTA Green
ATP GT3071R EWG

with supporting mods of:

GS Ported Manifold, Cross-pipe and EWG Up-pipe with 38mm
V-band
Deatschwerks 850cc injectors
DW 300lph fuel pump
FMIC or maybe AWIC

also maybe these (depending on funds)

GS ported manifold
-looking into AMS prototype manifold
GS TGV deletes
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-07-11, 07:01 PM   #136
ASHRAF
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Quick question for y'all. I want roughly 350-400whp but can't decide what option is the best. I also want to keep spool under 4k. I'm not a huge fan of meth and the availability of E85 is questionable where I'm moving. This is a list of turbos I've come up with. Obviously the range is quite large cause i honestly have no clue right now. The turbo would go on with the rest of the mods in the "Power" section on my first post (for convenience i'll post those here as well). Anyways feel free to pic one of these or post another option. As a side note the dyno i run on reads low.

Blouch 20G-XT
Blouch 2.5XT-R
Blouch 3.0XT-R
FP HTA Green
ATP GT3071R EWG

with supporting mods of:

GS Ported Manifold, Cross-pipe and EWG Up-pipe with 38mm
V-band
Deatschwerks 850cc injectors
DW 300lph fuel pump
FMIC or maybe AWIC

also maybe these (depending on funds)

GS ported manifold
-looking into AMS prototype manifold
GS TGV deletes
been hearing about some Blouch malfunctions recently, and read about some horrible experiences from FP users, so make sure you read through the reviews and pick the best option for you

you'll love the early spool and mid end power with any of these options tho

-AJ
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-07-11, 07:14 PM   #137
JJBTEXAS

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

heard about the FPs, not the Blouch problem. will look into it
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-07-11, 07:23 PM   #138
ASHRAF
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

a 3XTR just gave up on ThunderRobo

he's looking to go rotated now

if you ask me, just save a little more, and sell the stage 2 stuff you have and go rotated, it's a bit more expensive, but the possibilities after that are pretty much endless

it's your call tho, and you will love the power either way!

-AJ
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-07-11, 07:28 PM   #139
JJBTEXAS

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

yeah i've been giving full rotated a good amount of thought recently. maybe a twin scroll kit from full-race with a GTX or EFR turbo? idk sound like i'm gonna be saving my pennies for a while

Last edited by JJBTEXAS; 03-07-11 at 07:32 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-07-11, 07:54 PM   #140
ASHRAF
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
yeah i've been giving full rotated a good amount of thought recently. maybe a twin scroll kit from full-race with a GTX or EFR turbo? idk sound like i'm gonna be saving my pennies for a while
the full-race twin scroll is one of the best in the market right now, but I'm trying to keep the subie rumble and stay withing reasonable pricing figures

the EFR turbo series is BADASS, but after thinking, i wanted to stick with the AMS kit as it's IMO the best quality kit in the market right now, well, the full-race and AMS are the only real good quality kits that I like

I have some $$$ saved, I just need to keep some funds aside at this stage of my life, but hopefully the car will get treated soon!

good luck with whatever you choose to do next my friend

-AJ
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement