GR Hatch: JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp - Page 12 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp
JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Hatch: JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-11, 07:25 PM   #111
JJBTEXAS
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 10, STI
Fav Mod: ProTune
My Threads
Posts: 429
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
JJBTEXAS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP Pro-tuned and rollin on Enkeis

Update 2/22/2011


Just ordered a Prosport Evo Series Boost Gauge to replace the stock SPT gauge that came with the car. It was time for an upgrade considering my peak is 21.5psi and the SPT only goes to 20. Not gonna lie, it was cool to pin the boost gauge every time i got on it, but that's not exactly functional now is it.

and yes AJ i'm stealing your update format, imitation is the best form of flattery
JJBTEXAS is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-23-11, 01:17 PM   #112
JJBTEXAS
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 10, STI
Fav Mod: ProTune
My Threads
Posts: 429
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
JJBTEXAS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP Pro-tuned and rollin on Enkeis

Update 2/23/2011

Finally arrived!!

JJBTEXAS is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 02:48 PM   #113
ASHRAF
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
 
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
ASHRAF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP Pro-tuned and rollin on Enkeis

awesome new mods man

the new prosport gauges are sick, i'm not gonna lie

i like the BC's too, enjoy scraping that lip once lowered

-AJ
ASHRAF is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-23-11, 05:08 PM   #114
JJBTEXAS
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 10, STI
Fav Mod: ProTune
My Threads
Posts: 429
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
JJBTEXAS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP Pro-tuned and rollin on Enkeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHRAF View Post
awesome new mods man

the new prosport gauges are sick, i'm not gonna lie

i like the BC's too, enjoy scraping that lip once lowered

-AJ
i'm actually looking into getting the blacktop V lip and selling my VF because if i drop her any lower the car wont physically be able to traverse the speed bumps in my daily route and there are no alternative routes as the speed bumps are in the parking lot.

as for the gauge i can't wait to do the install. im planning on getting their evo afr gauge too when i do the new turbo and will put both in a SMY cluster.
JJBTEXAS is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 05:40 PM   #115
ASHRAF
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
 
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
ASHRAF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP Pro-tuned and rollin on Enkeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBTEXAS View Post
i'm actually looking into getting the blacktop V lip and selling my VF because if i drop her any lower the car wont physically be able to traverse the speed bumps in my daily route and there are no alternative routes as the speed bumps are in the parking lot.

as for the gauge i can't wait to do the install. im planning on getting their evo afr gauge too when i do the new turbo and will put both in a SMY cluster.
you'd be surprised with less suspension travel, and a bit of skill what going sideways on a bump can accomplish

i scrape mine sometimes, but only on crazy bumps, and i have a new backup lip if it ever cracks, which will be soon I'm guessing

-AJ
ASHRAF is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 05:48 PM   #116
JJBTEXAS
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 10, STI
Fav Mod: ProTune
My Threads
Posts: 429
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
JJBTEXAS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP Pro-tuned and rollin on Enkeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHRAF View Post
you'd be surprised with less suspension travel, and a bit of skill what going sideways on a bump can accomplish

i scrape mine sometimes, but only on crazy bumps, and i have a new backup lip if it ever cracks, which will be soon I'm guessing

-AJ
no i mean IMPOSSIBLE! ill try and snap a pic tmrw but my lip is literally 2 cm off the top on the speed bump. these things are nasty
JJBTEXAS is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 06:11 PM   #117
redeye23
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: White 2010 STI, BBS
Fav Mod: Silk Underwear
My Threads
Posts: 92
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
redeye23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBTEXAS View Post
i got stuck with 1.03, i can load the new one as a runtime and i must say i really like 1.04 but i'll have to wait.

i didn't paint them its some weird "tip finisher" from the factory. i don't like it either but if i remove them it will leave holes
When I was shopping for my 2010, most of the STIs had the "exhaust finishers" already installed. I was told it was something that was installed in port when the cars got to this country if I remember correctly. It was an option, and I simply coudn't stomach them. I found it hard to believe that they would screw these things on, make holes in the back of the car, and hurt the car's look in my opinion to put it on the showroom floor, rather than leaving it as a dealer-only installed option. Anyway, your solution look really nice.
redeye23 is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 06:24 PM   #118
JJBTEXAS
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 10, STI
Fav Mod: ProTune
My Threads
Posts: 429
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
JJBTEXAS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye23 View Post
When I was shopping for my 2010, most of the STIs had the "exhaust finishers" already installed. I was told it was something that was installed in port when the cars got to this country if I remember correctly. It was an option, and I simply coudn't stomach them. I found it hard to believe that they would screw these things on, make holes in the back of the car, and hurt the car's look in my opinion to put it on the showroom floor, rather than leaving it as a dealer-only installed option. Anyway, your solution look really nice.
the problem with the tip finishers on my car was the holes they drilled were TERRIBLE!! i even had an extra hole on the driver side
JJBTEXAS is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-11, 09:58 PM   #119
Heylookitscaps
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fav Mod: n/a
My Threads
Posts: 251
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: IE
Heylookitscaps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP Pro-tuned and rollin on Enkeis

love this build thread, always something new and exciting, you inspire me to drain my bank account.
Heylookitscaps is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-11, 01:33 PM   #120
redeye23
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: White 2010 STI, BBS
Fav Mod: Silk Underwear
My Threads
Posts: 92
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
redeye23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBTEXAS View Post
the problem with the tip finishers on my car was the holes they drilled were TERRIBLE!! i even had an extra hole on the driver side
I feel you on that 100%. Really lame.
redeye23 is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AW vs. SWP vs. 2010? agentsmith609 GR-General 51 09-19-09 02:14 PM
2010 WRC Calendar Weasel_555 Pro Motorsports 3 06-25-09 12:49 PM
FS (DE): 07 SWP Stage 2 STI sinner Used STIs For Sale 11 05-26-08 08:36 AM
Any blown motors on Cobb Stage 2 OTS map? If no problems, how long on stage 2? roninsoldier83 2.5 Liter/Litre Factory Motor 22 04-03-08 06:28 AM
Is Stage 2 safe? JAYMAC10 ECU Tuning & Performance Electronics 15 08-17-06 02:30 PM


New To Site? Need Help? More

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Designed & Powered by Domain Architect
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.