#1 · (Edited)

Baseline (Stg1) Dyno plots in Post #155
Stg2 + E85 Dyno plots in Post #210

Mods:

Exterior:
STI front lip & skirt - Installed, pics in post#2
Debadge - Post#7
IWSTI licence plates - Post #16
LED coolwhite licence plate lamps (superbrightleds)
Laminex Gunsmoke Rear light tint kit - Post #17
Red STI painted on intercooler - Post #37
Silverstar front turn bulbs, DRL Disable. - Post #43
Grille mods; painted 'civic strip' flat black, added snorkle air holes to stock grille (ghetto sports grille:tup::lol:) - Post #44
Foglight Surrounds painted flat black to match grill - Post #54
VisualGarage Sharkfin Antenna fitted - Post #106
R205 fender badges fitted - Post #138
R205 rear underspoiler fitted - Post #144
Flexfuel badge - Post #218
Liberal LED Reflectors - Post #243
Seibon CW Carbon Hood, Painted - Posts #301-309
Rear end collision & repairs - Post #344-352
JDM Multicoated Fogs & Prolightz DRL harness - Post#391-399
California Black Vanity Plates - Post#443

Interior:
Subaru (PIAA) LED Dome light - Post#35
LED coolwhite map lights & trunk light.
JDM 2Din AV panel - 'in stock' in case needed later...
JDM Subaru Boost Gauge and Oil Temp Gauge - Post #63
JDM STI Shiftknob - Post #143
Valentine V1 hardwired with Blendmount kit - Post #156
Pioneer AVIC X920BT - Post #157-8
Clustermaker gaugepod - Post #190ish
Canadian Floormats - Post #205
:DGTSpec wheel - Post #244, installed Post #246
Maddad Ultra white needle Oil Pressure & EGT Gauges installed - Post #283
Blackvue DR500 - Post #299
COBB AP v3 mounted - Post #315/317
Better Trunk Insulation - Post #402
Subaru Trunk Cover - Post#436
Recaro Sportster CS with airbag & heater wiring- Post #413-423
:DRecaro Sportster CS with airbag, custom JPM upholstery - Post #440-447
:DGTSpec wheel with custom JPM re-skin- Post #445

Engine:
STI 1.3bar Radiator Cap - Post#34
STI 46mm Red Intercooler to Throttle Body hose, - Post#34, installed Post #60
COBB AP - Stg1 on 5/23/08 - Post #38
Intake silencer removal - Post #43
Subaru's Engine Reflash done - couldnt tell any difference:lol:
Spec-C IC Spray kit installed - Post #139
SPT Catback installed - Post #142
AEM CAI - Post #161, #165
Stg1 Protuned - Post #166
DW 850cc Injectors, 300lphFuel Pump & HOA boost solenoid - Post #206
(pump changed to Aeromotive 340lph due to breakage during install)
COBB catted DP, Swaintech coated - Post #208
:DStage2 + E85 Protune - Post #210
Removed Air pump & ancillaries - Post #222
Perrin Radiator Shroud - Post #234
Shorai 5lb LiFeOH battery & STI 'strutbar' tie-down - Post #273
3ft fuel line addition, stumble fix - Post #282, Improved Post#319
STI Oil Filler Cap - Post #298
STI 52mm Red Intercooler to Throttle Body hose, - Post#318
Stock Catback re-installed - Post #411
Cobb Flexfuel kit installed & EQ retuned - Post#460-5

Suspension & Handling:
STI JDM Flexible Strutbrace- Post#79, installed Post#80
:DSTI JDM Pink Springs, - Post#79, install Post #84-5
Whiteline Rear Subframe, Diff, Steering rack bushings - Post #114 - Installed Post #124
Whiteline RSB brace kit (painted red to match Perrin RSB) - Post#118 - Installed Post #124
Perrin 19mm RSB - Post #118 - Installed Post #124
STI Front brace kit - Post #154 - Installed Post#200
Perrin 22mm FSB - Post #200
GrpN Engine Mounts, Pitchstop, Trans mounts - Post#200
Cusco H brace - Post #252 & installed #253
Group N powersteering cooler - Post #280 to 282
:D2015 STI 13:1 ratio steering rack - Post #371/379

Brakes:
Harman Motive SS Brake Lines - Post#102, Installed Post#103
ATE Superblue Fluid, Post #102
:DCarbotech XP8 pads front & rear - Post #223
Girodisc 2pc Front Rotors - Post #223
Carbotech Bobcats for street use, keep XP8 for the track
Girodisc Ti Shims - Post #253
Quantum Motorsports brake duct plates - Post #254, Installed #270
500F hose installed to homemade inlet ducts - Post #272
Powdercoated Brembos and new rotors all round - Post #489

BBS Wheels & Bridgestone Tires:
Perrin 15mm Spacers & extended wheel studs - Post #358
RE01-R's on 18" Gold BBS, 245/40 18 Changed- Post#483
Blizzak ws70's on 17" GoldBBS, 225/50 17 - Post #356/369
RE970 AS on 18" GoldBBS, 245/40 18 - Post #341/369/382
RE71-R's on 18" White BBS, 245/40 18 - Post#483
RE71-R's on 18" Black EvoX BBS - Post #488

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold

Laminex Gunsmoke Rear light tint kit - received
that's a pretty dark tint! :) i've got their "headlight" tint on the tails
did you get the bulk film, or the pre-cut ones ?

anyway, looking forward to seeing more pics with everything installed!

oh, where are you getting your windows tined, that's one of the things that i still need to get done asap.

J.

#5 ·
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold

that's a pretty dark tint! :) i've got their "headlight" tint on the tails
did you get the bulk film, or the pre-cut ones ?

anyway, looking forward to seeing more pics with everything installed!

oh, where are you getting your windows tined, that's one of the things that i still need to get done asap.

J.
On the website it said gunsmoke allowed 90% of light thru, seemed to be the lightest smoke available for the pre-cut kits? We'll see how it looks soon, the package i thought was my tails turned out to be something else, not car related. should be here any day now

The window tint's getting done (is already done) over in Santa Cruz, somewhere. I didnt go into too much detail with the dealer, i'll ask the name of the shop tomorrow when i get the car:D. I already got my 1-way car rental setup so i can go get it tomorrow. Didnt feel like carrying a V-limited lip on the VTA light rail & bus:lol:

#8 · (Edited)
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Woot! for collection & pics

The dealer told me newly shipped STI's have more rear fender protection, there is now film on both the door and the wheel arch behind the door, which wraps the edge where folks were reporting a lot of chips. This pic tries to show that...
but still nothing above the rocker panel...

#26 ·

Wonder when did they made the change to the protection film. Like you said, its still too small. btw, when was your production date of your STI?

The dealer told me newly shipped STI's have more rear fender protection, there is now film on both the door and the wheel arch behind the door, which wraps the edge where folks were reporting a lot of chips. This pic tries to show that...

but still nothing above the rocker panel...

#12 ·

Beautiful!

The lip really looks good on your car! However I'm a bit sad hearing the extra work needed to get the skirt on the car :(

Looking at your pics though, I think the work is well worth doing ^.^
Yeah,as you can probably tell from the pics i bailed on the DIY, got the dealer to install it when picking up the car, it was worth the ~$50 it cost.:)

#14 ·

nice 08! Make your tails look like this
I was thinking that way, but then i saw JPH's tinted tails and they looked great, even better than red. I have some tint overlays ordered, should be here very soon.
When i showed the pics to my wife, first she complained the 08 didnt look like my old 05 (no huge wing, no huge hoodscoop). then she said she loved the rear lights. Women! So i might have to keep them stock:lol:

#17 · (Edited)
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Now with smoked tails

Laminex gunsmoke pre-cut tail overlays - installed by Juan @ Tints R Us. Well worth the $30 to get his 17 years of experience on the install:tup:. he's available at 408 971 7009
The gunsmoke tint is really awesome, not dark at all, but it tones down the gaudy stock lights. Finally i'm happy with the exterior look.:D

#20 ·

The gunsmoke tint is really awesome, not dark at all, but it tones down the gaudy stock lights. Finally i'm happy with the exterior look.:D
looks great!
i guess it does makes a difference on how light or chrome looking your tails are.
the gunsmoke was too dark on my mx-5 :)

J.

#23 ·

Looks good!

Keep up the nice work...

#30 ·

Damn what a difference! This is exactly what I was looking for to do for my taillights - not too crazy for the red kits. I understand the film is applied on the outside - won't that cause problems - with peeling and such in the future. Is it possible and more beneficial to put on the inside????

#34 · (Edited)

Recieved a small package from Japanparts today
(Cellphone pics, the wife has my camera:()
STI Radiator cap
STI IC->TB red hose
2Din AV panel
Subaru (PIAA) LED (PIAA) dome light

#35 · (Edited)

Dome light install was a snap, i really like the new light, much brighter thru the whole cabin, and a nice kind of white, almost with a purple hue, light that makes the cabin look great and the seats almost glow:)

After pic, but the cellphone camera doesnt do it justice

#36 ·
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. A few new JDM bits.

thats a nice lil package you got today! i like the way your LEDs are packaged. my LED domes are not that good looking but it has maybe twice as many as the subaru one you got. i like the red hose, i might have to add that to my list of things to get!

#37 ·

And since i was in a messing about with the car mood today, i finally got the IC painted with the much-missed STI
Used Duplicolor Caliper paint, codeBCP100. Printed the logo on Legal, (8.5*14) to get it a bit larger than letter. Made the stencil by laying down 3M blue painters tape on a glass tabletop, then fixing the print over the top, before cutting out the logo. Carrying the stencil to the car & centering on the IC was a bit of a pain, but i think it looks pretty good for <30mins work

#39 ·

And since i was in a messing about with the car mood today, i finally got the IC painted with the much-missed STI
Used Duplicolor Caliper paint, codeBCP100. Printed the logo on Legal, (8.5*14) to get it a bit larger than letter. Made the stencil by laying down 3M blue painters tape on a glass tabletop, then fixing the print over the top, before cutting out the logo. Carrying the stencil to the car & centering on the IC was a bit of a pain, but i think it looks pretty good for <30mins work
I really liked the STI letters on the intercooler, wonder why the removed it in the first place:(

#38 · (Edited)

COBB AP2 arrived today:D

Flashed to Stage1 ACN91 (v101) on 5/23. So far have only had a quick spin out, ~12 miles. Seems to pull a bit better, but i'm not feeling all that much change yet. Hoping it will improve with more miles & learning

#40 ·
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Now Stage 1.

you installed the rad cap incorrectly.

look at the two oem rad caps, the one on the rad is rated at 137Kpa and the one near the intercooler is rated at 108Kpa.

if you install the 1.3bar or 130Kpa rad cap on the radiator, the rad cap near the intercooler will release the coolent at 108Kpa. making the new cap useless.

now if you install the 1.3bar or 130Kpa rad cap near the intercooler, it will release coolent at 130Kpa, and the OEM rad cap near the rad, will release at 137Kpa, if the STI rad cap was to fail to open.

#41 ·

you installed the rad cap incorrectly.

look at the two oem rad caps, the one on the rad is rated at 137Kpa and the one near the intercooler is rated at 108Kpa.

if you install the 1.3bar or 130Kpa rad cap on the radiator, the rad cap near the intercooler will release the coolent at 108Kpa. making the new cap useless.

now if you install the 1.3bar or 130Kpa rad cap near the intercooler, it will release coolent at 130Kpa, and the OEM rad cap near the rad, will release at 137Kpa, if the STI rad cap was to fail to open.
Good catch, man. Nice to know someone looking at that level of detail:tup:
But i gotta admit, my reasoning for getting the cap was pure bling.:p I figured swapping the front was virtually the same pressure trip point, (7kPa less), and the stocker on the manifold tank would handle any over-temp/boiling issues, tripping at 108.
Any flaws in my reasoning, or any potential danger doing it that way, do give me a shout. much appreciated:tup:

#42 ·

i would advice for the use of the 1.3 bar rad cap, and the 1.37bar stocker.

reasoning: as the coolent heats up, lets say due to high engine load, or high rpms. the temp will rise in the coolent, and if the recirculating coolent cannot keep up, then the pressure will vent extra fluid at 1.08bar. then the temp guage will rise, and overheat if the load/rpm is not reduced.

now if the coolent will vent off at 1.3bar, the higher pressure will have a greater capacity to hold heat, thus, more heat can be transfered to the rad. its basic thermodynamics, the greater the pressure, the more heat that can be held within the coolent. with more heat in the coolent, the higher the temperature, which will lead to a higher temperature gradient between the air flowing through the rad, and coolent. so, the greater the temperature gradient, the greater the heat mass transfer to the air going through the rad.

basically, under heavy load or rpm, for extensive time, the tranfer of heat from the motor to the rad will be more effective at higher pressures.

with the stock rad cap, which is placed on the rad of 1.37bar, the system is obvously engineered to be capable of operating at that pressure. so why not switch it, such that both the 1.37bar and 1.3bar rad cap are used. it doesnt cost anything more, and will make the cooling system more effective when higher loads are placed on the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.