Time for the GR to lose some weight... took out the rear seats and seat belts today. - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Time for the GR to lose some weight... took out the rear seats and seat belts today.
Time for the GR to lose some weight... took out the rear seats and seat belts today.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > Time for the GR to lose some weight... took out the rear seats and seat belts today.

Old 04-10-10, 09:42 PM   #31
Tarmac_GR_STI
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Ti Silver E46 M3
Fav Mod: Lightweight
My Subaru Parts for sale

Tarmac_GR_STI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time for the GR to lose some weight... took out the rear seats and seat belts tod

Oh yeah, and I did some more work today, dropped around 40lbs or so. I'll weigh it this week once I install my racing seats. Seats should save another 30-40lbs.

At 175lbs off the car so far... about 215lbs off the car.. can't wait to put the new seats in!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-10, 04:44 PM   #32
Tarmac_GR_STI
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Time for the GR to lose some weight... took out the rear seats and seat belts tod

Update: officially weighed the car again, sitting at 3150lbs now. Took out the carpet and ceiling (which I'm selling now so pm if interested). Took out the firewall insulation, foot rest on driver side, footrest and ecu cover on passenger side. Relocated the Ecu to the glove box.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 01:55 AM   #33
Tarmac_GR_STI
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Put the new seats in, finally. Took the PDS out of the passenger seat and put it in the new seat, it was a PITA, but it got done. I'm pretty sure I dropped around 30lbs with these seats, so I should be around 3120lbs now. we'll see, I'll weigh the car again soon. Other than that, havent done much else to her, slowing down since I'll be leaving soon, so no sense in buying the lightweight battery, headers, FMIC, etc.

I am looking for a pedal kit, so it can be pushed out a little further towards me. If that's even possible. My seat makes me sit a little more forward now, I'd like to go back to how far back I was before.

And... If even possible too, some sort of steering wheel extension. Maybe it sounds crazy... but If I do end up finding where I can get a pedal set (or pedal spacers?) that means my steering wheel will be a tad bit farther too... so I'd like to bring my steering wheel towards me. Kinda just spitting out ideas again, as I think of them.

LATER!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-10, 06:52 AM   #34
robotvoice
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

robotvoice is an unknown quantity at this point

No pictures huh?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 09:54 AM   #35
Tarmac_GR_STI
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

When I get back to my laptop I will put pictures up.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 01:06 PM   #36
Tarmac_GR_STI
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Well, here are the pictures of the new seats!

Last edited by Tarmac_GR_STI; 04-16-10 at 01:35 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 01:19 PM   #37
robotvoice

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Those look like some pretty intense seats for someone who isn't going to really race their car
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 01:35 PM   #38
Tarmac_GR_STI
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Didn't your Mother ever tell you: If you can't say something nice... don't say anything at all.

LOL!

Yeah, they are, I agree. But, they look pretty cool to me.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 06:24 PM   #39
EnJaNir
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

EnJaNir is an unknown quantity at this point

I find it somewhat humorous that you removed the carpet, headliner, rear seats, part of the center console, the shifter surround is sitting all ****eyed, and your new seats totally hamper your peripheral vision....yet you still have the door cards on
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-16-10, 06:39 PM   #40
robotvoice

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnJaNir View Post
I find it somewhat humorous that you removed the carpet, headliner, rear seats, part of the center console, the shifter surround is sitting all ****eyed, and your new seats totally hamper your peripheral vision....yet you still have the door cards on
This whole thing is confusing me too...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement