Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: AW 10 WRX STi SE
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lithiumus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Ive been running the advanced keys system for almost a year now. Rock solid. No issues at all. Dont know about the Easy Go...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-15, 02:43 AM   #712
m00m00w4t3r
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Car: 08 AW STi
Fav Mod: '15 STi Steering Rack
My Subaru Parts for sale

m00m00w4t3r is on a distinguished road

how would it work if you have an aftermarket alarm system such as Viper?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-02-15, 05:15 PM   #713
lithiumus
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00m00w4t3r View Post
how would it work if you have an aftermarket alarm system such as Viper?
If you already have an aftermarket that is hooked up to your BCM wires, adding an Advanced Key System should not be too hard but you would have to interface between the 2 and ensure that it accepts the Advanced Key RFID unlock signal. The Advanced keys system is a 2 part system. Keyless entry which is like an alarm with RFID to sense and unlock and the Push button start which also users the RFID to allow starting.

My suggestion if you already have an aftermarket alarm, is to just get the push start.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-15, 05:37 PM   #714
lithiumus
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

So I've been running the Advanced Keys system for over a year now and have not had any issues (that were not my own fault!) but there is a bit of a dilemma I'm up against. Really just a high class problem but a problem nonetheless...

One of things that I wanted to preserve when I embarked on this project was to ensure that things operated as OEM as possible. I used a Fortin EVO All to interface with the CAN bus so that I could retain the factory chirp when the doors locked and unlocked.

It works perfectly however the dilemma is that ALL locks and unlocks trigger the factory chirp. i.e. it does not distinguish between the remote initiating the lock/unlock which would invoke a chirp and parking light flash and the lock/unlock door buttons that do NOT invoke a chirp and parking light flash.

Why is this an issue? It's only an issue if you use the automatic locking and unlocking features where the Advanced Keys will lock the doors after ignition and when you step on the brake (usually when you are putting the car into gear). Also if you are dropping someone off and they unlock the doors with the button, Advanced Keys will lock them again shortly after.

When this happens, the alarm chirps and parking lights flash. I especially notice it when I drop someone off as I'm driving off in traffic and the car will chirp and flash the parking lights. It's less of an issue when I turn the car off since I'm usually parked.

The only alternatives are all or nothing. Either I disable the chirp and parking lights altogether via the OEM Subaru programming (using the Navi car menus) or just live with it.

It's definitely a high class problem but something I noticed over time to consider. I could probably come up with some elaborate circuit / relays that could sense that the car is running and divert the unlock command to the same wire that the unlock button uses but I won't bother...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-03-15, 04:58 PM   #715
godzonda
Joined the Conversation

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

godzonda is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my kit install on my sti but I have couple issues.When I tried to remote start, it started but shut the system down after 2 seconds and repeat 3 times.The trunk release does not work. Is that a 5 wire trunk release? Should I use both white wire and red/brown wire? THX
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement