Account Inactive
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: Tomei Expreme Ti Catback
My Subaru Parts for sale

stiggysaurus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

lastwrights -

someone brought up an interesting thought:

-what happens if you are sitting at a light and someone tries to open your door if its locked on the inside? it'll still open won't it?

-when you unlock the door with the door handle and keyfob in pocket, will all doors open or just the driver door?

-it would be nice to have the option to keep the key cylinder open and active in case you still want to use the sliding key out of the fob

Last edited by stiggysaurus; 02-05-13 at 08:42 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-13, 10:44 AM   #172
NemesiSTi
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: '11 PBP STi
Fav Mod: ENDRtune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

NemesiSTi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
+1 for remote start. I'm guessing around $500 for this?
That will probably be for just the key fobs....Either way I am still in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwrights View Post
The kit only comes with one handle..I'm sure you could order a passenger if you wanted to. I would just use the fob to unlock the door if you are coming to that side or you can pop the trunk with the fob as well.

The product should be ready for shipping very soon. I have already spoke to the owners and they will setup a group buy for us on the forum first before its released to the public. Stay tuned for prices!
I'm all in for a group buy!!

Please keep us posted.

Last edited by NemesiSTi; 02-05-13 at 10:56 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-13, 10:50 AM   #173
NemesiSTi

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthestig View Post
lastwrights -

someone brought up an interesting thought:

1)-what happens if you are sitting at a light and someone tries to open your door if its locked on the inside? it'll still open won't it?

2)-when you unlock the door with the door handle and keyfob in pocket, will all doors open or just the driver door?

3)-it would be nice to have the option to keep the key cylinder open and active in case you still want to use the sliding key out of the fob
1) Nope, my guess is once the ignition is started (or on) the fob is disabled from locking or unlocking the door via the outside handle button or from the fob itself. Much like if you try to hit the unlock/lock button on your OEM remote while the engine is started...its doesn't work. They are probably using tech. very similar to Lexus and other manufactures. I say Lexus because I have one and don't have this problem. Plus how many people really have randoms walking up to there car to open the door while you are at a stop light.... Plus these guys seemed to have covered all angles with all the data out there from manufacture like Lexus.

2) Again I am referring back to my Lexus exprience. One push of the door handle button will only unlock the drivers door. No sure if a second will do all the doors like our OEM remotes do.

3) I believe the OP stated you could either keep your key cylinder active (via a hidden key pad if the fob battery dies), or use the plastic blank and remove the cylinder. Removing the cylinder will obivously give more security. Plus why would you still use the key if the push start is operating correctly?

OP please correct me if I am incorrect.

Last edited by NemesiSTi; 02-05-13 at 10:54 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-13, 11:06 AM   #174
monkiboy
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Car: 08 wrb wrx sedan
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

monkiboy is an unknown quantity at this point

nemesis, you're likely right. this is the same way the advancedkeys system works. once initialized and the vehicle is on, the doors can automatically lock for you, and will not open even if someone else with the other proximity card approaches the vehicle. even though you're dealing with the extra button(s) on the handles, i'm confident the go easy system would operate the same.

with the advancedkeys system, you set whether you want just the driver's door to open or all doors.

and yes you can keep the key cylinder active with both systems. the key cylinder cover is merely to keep things as jdm/oem/clean looking as possible. the original key in the cylinder will function as normal.

i've been getting a lot of PMs and i apologize if i haven't gotten back to you due to the amount of allowed PMs. please try again and be assured i will get back to all that make it through.

a lot of folks have inquired about which modules i'm using etc. at present i am only using the push start module from advancedkeys, my OEM fob, no keys, OEM alarm, jdm red sti push start button, jdm interior bezel, jdm cylinder key cover. the wiring is in the DIY previously posted.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-13, 11:19 AM   #175
NemesiSTi

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Thanks, Monkiboy. Without digging back through this thread I take it you are one of the creaters of this package product?

If so, I am right out DC in Fairfax, VA and would love to assist in helping with anything you need to get this product out the door to all those how want one. Me included

I would love to be one of the first few with this product! I would provide review, feedback, and my own expriences with the product.

PM'ed you.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-13, 11:32 AM   #176
monkiboy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesiSTi View Post
Thanks, Monkiboy. Without digging back through this thread I take it you are one of the creaters of this package product?

If so, I am right out DC in Fairfax, VA and would love to assist in helping with anything you need to get this product out the door to all those how want one. Me included

I would love to be one of the first few with this product! I would provide review, feedback, and my own expriences with the product.

PM'ed you.
sure thing.

no, i'm just a car enthusiast like most on here trying to help the community.

if you look back through the thread, i tested and have had the advancedkeys system (RFID keyless entry, alarm, remote start, push start, with all the jdm trimmings, etc) installed on my car for a little over three years now and wanted to let folks know there are options and a readily available solution that has worked flawlessly and is well supported. or at the very least open the door to feedback so that the OP can go back to the system manufacturers he is working with, with feedback and input.

i posted up my original build journal post, the DIYs, nasioc links, video, etc. take a look when you have a chance or shoot me a PM (cleared it out recently) for more information on the advancedkeys RFID and/or push-start system.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-13, 11:39 AM   #177
NemesiSTi

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
sure thing.

no, i'm just a car enthusiast like most on here trying to help the community.

if you look back through the thread, i tested and have had the advancedkeys system (RFID keyless entry, alarm, remote start, push start, with all the jdm trimmings, etc) installed on my car for a little over three years now and wanted to let folks know there are options and a readily available solution that has worked flawlessly and is well supported. or at the very least open the door to feedback so that the OP can go back to the system manufacturers he is working with, with feedback and input.

i posted up my original build journal post, the DIYs, nasioc links, video, etc. take a look when you have a chance or shoot me a PM (cleared it out recently) for more information on the advancedkeys RFID and/or push-start system.
Oh well then ignore my PM, LOL.

Well at least I know someone near me that has a more vast knowledge on this topic than myself. I am also going to look into the system you have as it sounds like it has worked flawlessly for a few years.

You will probably be hearing from me after my tax return comes in, haha.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-13, 11:43 AM   #178
monkiboy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Oh well then ignore my PM, LOL. Or just forward it back to me so I can send it to lastwrights. No seriously you should do that.

Well at least I know someone near me that has a more vast knowledge on this topic than myself.

Thanks
lastwrights is the current "tester" for the manufacturer per his original post but perhaps you can inquire with the manufacturer directly to see if they are interested in another.

yes, sir. glad to help however i can. you're welcome.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-13, 11:56 AM   #179
NemesiSTi

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
lastwrights is the current "tester" for the manufacturer per his original post but perhaps you can inquire with the manufacturer directly to see if they are interested in another.

yes, sir. glad to help however i can. you're welcome.
Looks like the advanced key does not utilize the subaru key fob. Is that correct?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-05-13, 12:00 PM   #180
monkiboy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Looks like the advanced key does not utilize the subaru key fob. Is that correct?
correct. if you decide to use the RFID keyless entry, you will use the small, thin RFID transponder. posted up a sample pic a few posts ago.

if you just are looking for the push start which is most folks, you use the OEM subary key fob for keyless entry and no keys at all. it's quite nice.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement