Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 09 Basalt Blk Cayman
Fav Mod: ENDRtune
My Subaru Parts for sale

swedishSTile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by czecho View Post
R&D?!?!? I would stop putting hope in peoples brain about a super cheap RFID system that costs $100. Something about a system this complex costing $100 doesn't scream quality to me.

Wait until its announced.
I said it could be made for $100. I didnt imply it would be sold for such a price. Law of 4 says it will be a minimum of $400, because as you say, R&D costs, tooling etc have to be recouped. Reading comprehension. Look at my post before the one you quoted. I suggested $500.

I said based on a 100 part cost the cost to the public should be reasonable, as in not $1000. Everyone should know that part cost does not include R&D, marketing, tooling etc that has to be recouped.

Edit:

I have been thinking about this a little more and decided that the key is really the way to go with the sti. I have fobs and push buttons in a couple of my cars and they are nice, except each car is different and I swear it takes me 30 seconds to remember how each car starts. (insert fob, push brake, push button/fob, insert fob and push fob. insert fob and push button, push button.....)

You cant drive away with your key on the roof like you can a fob. The STi is a very mechanical car devoid of electronic wizardry for the most part. There is something satisfying about sliding that key in, feeling it pass the tumblers and twisting it. Its oldschool, its a little more connected and a little more raw in a way.

Ill keep my keys.

Last edited by swedishSTile; 02-01-13 at 02:23 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-13, 02:06 PM   #142
czecho
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Car: Dark Gray 2009 sti
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

czecho is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishSTile View Post
I said it could be made for $100. I didnt imply it would be sold for such a price. Law of 4 says it will be a minimum of $400, because as you say, R&D costs, tooling etc have to be recouped. Reading comprehension. Look at my post before the one you quoted. I suggested $500.

I said based on a 100 part cost the cost to the public should be reasonable, as in not $1000. Everyone should know that part cost does not include R&D, marketing, tooling etc that has to be recouped.
So your saying your profit should first cover R&D, marketing, tooling etc. then once all that is paid for, then profit?

I respectively disagree
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 02:26 PM   #143
swedishSTile
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
So your saying your profit should first cover R&D, marketing, tooling etc. then once all that is paid for, then profit?

I respectively disagree
I never said anything like that...where are you getting this stuff? Are you even reading my posts??

Yes, profits are included in that margin. Thats abundantly obvious. Yes, your margin covers your paycheck in addition to the things you listed above. A business, as an entity, has no use for liquid assets except to reinvest or pay dividends or bonuses. Business school 101.

And I think you "respectfully" disagree

Last edited by swedishSTile; 02-01-13 at 02:54 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-13, 03:19 PM   #144
Sniper2606
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Silver 2011 STI
Fav Mod: Downpipe
My Subaru Parts for sale

Sniper2606 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I never said anything like that...where are you getting this stuff? Are you even reading my posts??

Yes, profits are included in that margin. Thats abundantly obvious. Yes, your margin covers your paycheck in addition to the things you listed above. A business, as an entity, has no use for liquid assets except to reinvest or pay dividends or bonuses. Business school 101.

And I think you "respectfully" disagree

Everybody just shut up and take my money
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 03:47 PM   #145
czecho

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:

Edit:

I have been thinking about this a little more and decided that the key is really the way to go with the sti. I have fobs and push buttons in a couple of my cars and they are nice, except each car is different and I swear it takes me 30 seconds to remember how each car starts. (insert fob, push brake, push button/fob, insert fob and push fob. insert fob and push button, push button.....)

You cant drive away with your key on the roof like you can a fob. The STi is a very mechanical car devoid of electronic wizardry for the most part. There is something satisfying about sliding that key in, feeling it pass the tumblers and twisting it. Its oldschool, its a little more connected and a little more raw in a way.

Ill keep my keys.
Why would the fob leave your pocket?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 05:13 PM   #146
swedishSTile
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Why would the fob leave your pocket?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Scenario 1: I get home from work and as I am pulling in the wife comes out and says she needs to run an errand, the car is out and running so she hops in, i hope out and she drives away. 30 minutes later i am riding my bike 10 miles because she has the keys to the other operable car and she cant re-start the car with the fob because its in my pocket.

Scenario 2: I come home and turn the car off, open the door and leave it open because I am just running inside to change. Because the door on the car has not been closed and software engineers are idiots after I change out of my slacks and into my jeans I come back to the car and can turn it on despite the fact that the fob is 25 feet away. Normally the car would ding at me, but as a persnickety engineer I have removed the door chime from the car because it bugs the crap out of me and there is no disable for an unplugged seat belt. The "key not in car" warning happens to share the same chime.

Scenario 3: ohh never mind your just being argumentative anyway.

Ill keep my keys
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 06:28 PM   #147
czecho

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Scenario 1: I get home from work and as I am pulling in the wife comes out and says she needs to run an errand, the car is out and running so she hops in, i hope out and she drives away. 30 minutes later i am riding my bike 10 miles because she has the keys to the other operable car and she cant re-start the car with the fob because its in my pocket.

Scenario 2: I come home and turn the car off, open the door and leave it open because I am just running inside to change. Because the door on the car has not been closed and software engineers are idiots after I change out of my slacks and into my jeans I come back to the car and can turn it on despite the fact that the fob is 25 feet away. Normally the car would ding at me, but as a persnickety engineer I have removed the door chime from the car because it bugs the crap out of me and there is no disable for an unplugged seat belt. The "key not in car" warning happens to share the same chime.

Scenario 3: ohh never mind your just being argumentative anyway.

Ill keep my keys
alright, simply asking questions.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 06:40 PM   #148
Wil
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Wil is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the bezel the same for GR wrx and stis?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 07:21 PM   #149
geddesk2

Car: 2006 STI WRB
Fav Mod: None yet!
My Subaru Parts for sale

geddesk2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pretty sure the factory housing, button, and key block plate cost about 300 based on what I see on japanparts.

I'm guessing its 800-1000. Parts, man power, and margin to make it worth while tell me you guys need give up the under 500 fantasy.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 07:44 PM   #150
STI Bomber
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STI Bomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
:huh:
Regarding to the 4 no votes at the time.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement