RFID Push Start for STI - Page 15 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
RFID Push Start for STI
RFID Push Start for STI
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > RFID Push Start for STI
View Poll Results: Interest in RFID push start for 08+Sti
Very cool I want one! 184 95.83%
Not interested 8 4.17%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-13, 02:03 PM   #141
swedishSTile
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
Car: 09 Basalt Blk Cayman
Fav Mod: ENDRtune
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Trabuco Canyon
swedishSTile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by czecho View Post
R&D?!?!? I would stop putting hope in peoples brain about a super cheap RFID system that costs $100. Something about a system this complex costing $100 doesn't scream quality to me.

Wait until its announced.
I said it could be made for $100. I didnt imply it would be sold for such a price. Law of 4 says it will be a minimum of $400, because as you say, R&D costs, tooling etc have to be recouped. Reading comprehension. Look at my post before the one you quoted. I suggested $500.

I said based on a 100 part cost the cost to the public should be reasonable, as in not $1000. Everyone should know that part cost does not include R&D, marketing, tooling etc that has to be recouped.

Edit:

I have been thinking about this a little more and decided that the key is really the way to go with the sti. I have fobs and push buttons in a couple of my cars and they are nice, except each car is different and I swear it takes me 30 seconds to remember how each car starts. (insert fob, push brake, push button/fob, insert fob and push fob. insert fob and push button, push button.....)

You cant drive away with your key on the roof like you can a fob. The STi is a very mechanical car devoid of electronic wizardry for the most part. There is something satisfying about sliding that key in, feeling it pass the tumblers and twisting it. Its oldschool, its a little more connected and a little more raw in a way.

Ill keep my keys.

Last edited by swedishSTile; 02-01-13 at 02:23 PM.
swedishSTile is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-01-13, 02:06 PM   #142
czecho
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
 
Car: Dark Gray 2009 sti
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: May 2009
Location: CA
czecho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishSTile View Post
I said it could be made for $100. I didnt imply it would be sold for such a price. Law of 4 says it will be a minimum of $400, because as you say, R&D costs, tooling etc have to be recouped. Reading comprehension. Look at my post before the one you quoted. I suggested $500.

I said based on a 100 part cost the cost to the public should be reasonable, as in not $1000. Everyone should know that part cost does not include R&D, marketing, tooling etc that has to be recouped.
So your saying your profit should first cover R&D, marketing, tooling etc. then once all that is paid for, then profit?

I respectively disagree
czecho is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 02:26 PM   #143
swedishSTile
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
Car: 09 Basalt Blk Cayman
Fav Mod: ENDRtune
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Trabuco Canyon
swedishSTile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by czecho View Post
So your saying your profit should first cover R&D, marketing, tooling etc. then once all that is paid for, then profit?

I respectively disagree
I never said anything like that...where are you getting this stuff? Are you even reading my posts??

Yes, profits are included in that margin. Thats abundantly obvious. Yes, your margin covers your paycheck in addition to the things you listed above. A business, as an entity, has no use for liquid assets except to reinvest or pay dividends or bonuses. Business school 101.

And I think you "respectfully" disagree

Last edited by swedishSTile; 02-01-13 at 02:54 PM.
swedishSTile is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-01-13, 03:19 PM   #144
Sniper2606
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: Silver 2011 STI
Fav Mod: Downpipe
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Nov 2010
Sniper2606 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishSTile View Post
I never said anything like that...where are you getting this stuff? Are you even reading my posts??

Yes, profits are included in that margin. Thats abundantly obvious. Yes, your margin covers your paycheck in addition to the things you listed above. A business, as an entity, has no use for liquid assets except to reinvest or pay dividends or bonuses. Business school 101.

And I think you "respectfully" disagree

Everybody just shut up and take my money
Sniper2606 is offline  
Likes 1 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 03:47 PM   #145
czecho
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
 
Car: Dark Gray 2009 sti
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: May 2009
Location: CA
czecho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishSTile View Post
I said it could be made for $100. I didnt imply it would be sold for such a price. Law of 4 says it will be a minimum of $400, because as you say, R&D costs, tooling etc have to be recouped. Reading comprehension. Look at my post before the one you quoted. I suggested $500.

I said based on a 100 part cost the cost to the public should be reasonable, as in not $1000. Everyone should know that part cost does not include R&D, marketing, tooling etc that has to be recouped.

Edit:

I have been thinking about this a little more and decided that the key is really the way to go with the sti. I have fobs and push buttons in a couple of my cars and they are nice, except each car is different and I swear it takes me 30 seconds to remember how each car starts. (insert fob, push brake, push button/fob, insert fob and push fob. insert fob and push button, push button.....)

You cant drive away with your key on the roof like you can a fob. The STi is a very mechanical car devoid of electronic wizardry for the most part. There is something satisfying about sliding that key in, feeling it pass the tumblers and twisting it. Its oldschool, its a little more connected and a little more raw in a way.

Ill keep my keys.
Why would the fob leave your pocket?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
czecho is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 05:13 PM   #146
swedishSTile
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
Car: 09 Basalt Blk Cayman
Fav Mod: ENDRtune
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Trabuco Canyon
swedishSTile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by czecho View Post
Why would the fob leave your pocket?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Scenario 1: I get home from work and as I am pulling in the wife comes out and says she needs to run an errand, the car is out and running so she hops in, i hope out and she drives away. 30 minutes later i am riding my bike 10 miles because she has the keys to the other operable car and she cant re-start the car with the fob because its in my pocket.

Scenario 2: I come home and turn the car off, open the door and leave it open because I am just running inside to change. Because the door on the car has not been closed and software engineers are idiots after I change out of my slacks and into my jeans I come back to the car and can turn it on despite the fact that the fob is 25 feet away. Normally the car would ding at me, but as a persnickety engineer I have removed the door chime from the car because it bugs the crap out of me and there is no disable for an unplugged seat belt. The "key not in car" warning happens to share the same chime.

Scenario 3: ohh never mind your just being argumentative anyway.

Ill keep my keys
swedishSTile is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 06:28 PM   #147
czecho
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
 
Car: Dark Gray 2009 sti
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: May 2009
Location: CA
czecho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishSTile View Post
Scenario 1: I get home from work and as I am pulling in the wife comes out and says she needs to run an errand, the car is out and running so she hops in, i hope out and she drives away. 30 minutes later i am riding my bike 10 miles because she has the keys to the other operable car and she cant re-start the car with the fob because its in my pocket.

Scenario 2: I come home and turn the car off, open the door and leave it open because I am just running inside to change. Because the door on the car has not been closed and software engineers are idiots after I change out of my slacks and into my jeans I come back to the car and can turn it on despite the fact that the fob is 25 feet away. Normally the car would ding at me, but as a persnickety engineer I have removed the door chime from the car because it bugs the crap out of me and there is no disable for an unplugged seat belt. The "key not in car" warning happens to share the same chime.

Scenario 3: ohh never mind your just being argumentative anyway.

Ill keep my keys
alright, simply asking questions.
czecho is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 06:40 PM   #148
Wil
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
Posts: 32
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Nov 2012
Wil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Is the bezel the same for GR wrx and stis?
Wil is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 07:21 PM   #149
geddesk2
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 2006 STI WRB
Fav Mod: None yet!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dirty NW
geddesk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

I'm pretty sure the factory housing, button, and key block plate cost about 300 based on what I see on japanparts.

I'm guessing its 800-1000. Parts, man power, and margin to make it worth while tell me you guys need give up the under 500 fantasy.
geddesk2 is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-13, 07:44 PM   #150
STI Bomber
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
Posts: 151
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: May 2008
Location: NW IN
STI Bomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
:huh:
Regarding to the 4 no votes at the time.
STI Bomber is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Install a remote start car alarm in an sti thundercamel DIY Mods & Installations 90 12-08-15 08:11 AM
Remote start issues!!! therock6542 GR-ICE/Security 3 01-30-13 05:15 AM
SOLD: Zero/Sport F1 Push Button Start Spider96 Interior Parts For Sale 3 06-19-10 02:13 PM
Remote start issues!!! therock6542 GR-ICE/Security 0 05-25-10 10:16 PM


New To Site? Need Help? More

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Designed & Powered by Domain Architect
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.