Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

monkiboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthestig View Post
so confused at this point..
haha, just read the DIYs i posted above for an immediate solution and stay tuned to this thread for more information on the possible release of the "go easy systems" solution, its installation, and feedback.

if you need any help or assistance, especially with the jdm components or the advancedkeys system, feel free to shoot me a PM and i'd be glad to help with acquisition or installation but again it's all covered in the DIYs.

g'luck!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 09:42 AM   #133
stiggysaurus
Account Inactive
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: Tomei Expreme Ti Catback
My Subaru Parts for sale

stiggysaurus is an unknown quantity at this point

can you just recap real quick the difference between the system you're talking about and the one in the video in the OP?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-13, 10:04 AM   #134
monkiboy
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Car: 08 wrb wrx sedan
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

the go easy proposed system uses the CANBUS system for several inputs received electronically through the canbus oem system. it uses a button on the car handle for keyless entry/disarming in conjunction with an RFID fob. it does not require an immobilizer. it comes with a generic red push start button. pricing is not known so we can't compare. fob from the video looks like the OEM but a bit thicker.

the currently available advancedkey system requires more wiring and is done so in the conventional way not utilizing the CANBUS system. there is no button the car handle for keyless entry/disarming; one simply walks up to the car and it disarms/unlocks, walk away and it arms/locks. the fob for this system is svelte and very thin. looks like this old one but with the buttons on it for lock/unlock/trunk release/remote start.

it comes with and can be ordered without the nissan/lexus button it normally comes with. the jdm red sti button works on this system. it requires an immobilizer unit ($10). pricing is around $240 without the push start button. it's cheaper if you want to buy a refurbished kit. price does not include the red jdm sti button, bezel, or key cylinder cover. customer support is impeccable and guarantees a reply within 24 hours and has a dedicated forum (AdvancedKeys.com • Index page) for custom installations or immediate troubleshooting support.

i'm obviously more knowledgeable about the advancedkey system so lastwrights, if you could add content for the comparison or correct any information, that'd be great.

hope that helps iamthestig!

Last edited by monkiboy; 02-01-13 at 10:09 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 10:07 AM   #135
stiggysaurus
Account Inactive
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: Tomei Expreme Ti Catback
My Subaru Parts for sale

stiggysaurus is an unknown quantity at this point

monkiboy - thanks for the detailed reply. i guess basically what you're saying is that the RFID keyless system has already been out! do you know how much pricing is including the JDM bezel and sti button and everything else? also, is there a backup if the fob dies like in the photos shown above?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 10:21 AM   #136
08RxSTi
Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Aspen White 2008 STI
Fav Mod: APS EL Headers
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

08RxSTi is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that the only design for the fob? I don't mean to be picky, but it doesn't "look" Subaru...

It'd be nice it was rectangular like this:
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 10:22 AM   #137
monkiboy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

yeah, so i've had mine installed per my build thread post linked above for about three years now. having this system, figuring out the JDM sti push start button, and the jdm power folding mirrors open/closing when you lock/unlock are definitely some of the most cool factor mods!

i import jdm parts about once a month sometimes twice. the power folding mirrors are really becoming highly sought after as word gets out. the jdm bezel and jdm sti button i usually sell as a pair for around $200 shipped depending on where i get it from and how much they try to squeeze out of me at customs.

so there is a backup but a good thing about the advancedkeys system is that when the battery low in the fob, the indicator LED will flash a red/blue sequence that let's you know so you have a month or so heads up to get a new one. that being said, i tested it with a nearly dead watch battery and it works but the batteries that came in my RFID fob were still going strong 2 years after install last i tried them. now let's say you are hard-headed and still manage to have a dud battery in your fob, the advancekey system ships out two "bypass transponder cards" with your system. you can keep them in your wallet or hidden somewhere but it's a business card basically that you would wave by one of the antennas to unlock/disarm and start the car if need be. here's a cheesy generic stock photo from the site.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 10:28 AM   #138
lastwrights
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Ssm 2011 Sti
Fav Mod: Access port
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lastwrights is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
i would agree that the "go easy systems" package is likely less time-consuming to install being that it utilizes can-bus.

the advanced-keys system is a simple install. it's been so well documented at least four times now on the GH/GE/GR/GV chassis that there's no reason not to know exactly what you need and how to wire it for your intended purpose.

you do not need to buy a remote start. the push start module of the advanced keys system incorporates a remote start function.

you do need an immobilizer bypass with the advanced keys install which is <$11 shipped on ebay.

without the canbus communication, you will have more wiring to do, but there certainly are not 40 some wires to use for the typical installation of the complete advanced keys system. thankfully, they provide absolutely everything you could ever want for wiring and much of it you don't use and can remove. but if you are creative, implementing with your OEM or aftermarket alarm, or other systems, it is incredibly easy as all inputs, signals, relays, are there for your using if you like.

why is the comfort closure handle of interest to you? that seems to add more complexity and a required input. i would argue most people would not like to have to find a button to press to enter their vehicle. the whole point of RFID is to allow access to the vehicle once the appropriate verification has been obtained. so you walk up to your car and get in - no need to push anything or install a specific handle.

yes, if you wanted a trunk pop via the RFID fob, you'd have to wire it in. the great thing with the advancedkeys system is you can wire it to your liking. so i actually don't carry my RFID card. i utilize my stock subaru OEM fob for everything and that's all i carry and don't utilize the keyless entry as i use my OEM system for that.

i do think you might be over-selling the CAN interface. if you look in the FSM, everything is easily identified that requires wiring. even easier because it's been documented myriad times for our specific installation. the only selling point is less install time.

the problem with the "go easy systems" interface utilizing CAN is troubleshooting. it will be more difficult/impossible to troubleshoot as it uses digital CAN communications that can't be tested in any way. so, if it doesn't work the only thing one can do is buy another module. with a standard alarm system, one can test each input, sensor, or output for proper function.

i should mention, that the wiring pin-out i posted for the jdm red push start button has been confirmed for install on the advanced keys system as shown. the manufacturer will actually ship you a harness for simple population into the back and the jdm button. you can tell them not to ship you a button and instead a harness and save a good chunk of change. looks like this:
Image Link

i think you can certainly compare these systems and it's important we do. there's going to be a preferred solution for many a buyer and i think it's important to educate our community on the options, operation, price differences, support, etc.

at the very least folks now know there is an already well-supported and documented solution out there for RFID keyless entry, remote start, push start, and seemless use of the jdm components (interior bezel, sti red push start button, and key cylinder cover) for incorporation into our vehicles.

So you can do the advance key system wire in the two modules source a alarm or figure out a way the integrate another alarm, source the bezel,button go through 200 pages of forums to figure out how to wire it? Or buy one unit that does all that and comes with everything? Tough decision.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 10:29 AM   #139
monkiboy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08RxSTi View Post
Is that the only design for the fob? I don't mean to be picky, but it doesn't "look" Subaru...
yep they only have one design. it's definitely doesn't sport a subaru logo or anything like that. the main consideration in this regard for most folks is to have something that is easily kept on one's person, in your jacket or pant's pocket without the bulge or larger form factor. it's so thin, you can put it in your wallet like a credit card, in your pocket, etc and it's not a nuisance.

if you're looking for something bigger and with a subaru logo then you certainly have options. heck, you could snap a subaru logo on the RFID card fob if you really liked.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-01-13, 10:41 AM   #140
monkiboy

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwrights View Post
So you can do the advance key system wire in the two modules source a alarm or figure out a way the integrate another alarm, source the bezel,button go through 200 pages of forums to figure out how to wire it? Or buy one unit that does all that and comes with everything? Tough decision.
i dont think you're educating yourself on the advancedkey system at all. there are definite shortcomings to the system you have installed on your vehicle, some of which have already been described. it's in your benefit to become familiar with other options and at the very least in your role, provide honest feedback to the folks you are testing the "go easy system" for, in exchange for a truly unique product offering that offers significant value to our community. your attitude and sarcasm are not needed, sir.

to clarify, the advancedkeys complete system is two modules. one is keyless entry and one is the push-start. the keyless entry INCLUDES an alarm. you can use it or use your OEM, it's up to the installer.

yes, the installer would have to buy the bezel.

they can use the nissan/lexus black button that it comes with or save money and ask for it to not be included and source a jdm red sti button (pretty nice and worth it in my opinion for a real OEM look). the installer can also opt to use the key cylinder cover or not.

there is not a need to go through 200 pages of forums. the DIYs have been posted. they are explicit, well documented and referenced with specific pin outs, wire colors, and installation specific to our chassis. that's the beauty, it's all been done and figured out already!

additionally, advancedkeys unlike a majority of aftermarket alarm companies today has been in this business for a while producing this system and has some of the clearest, easiest to follow installation diagrams and instructions that come with their system and pretty awesome email and forum support for any of those folks that might be feeling just particularly dense on install day

definitely let me know if you have any other questions but just a bit of due diligence on your part will hit everyone. this is what i am trying to do by presenting the effort that has already been successfully completed in multiple applications, documented, and well supported for comparison and proposed option.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement